When did Adelaide change?

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't need 3 to 4 years of top 10 draft picks to win flags. Sydney did it in 2012 after missing the finals only
once in 2009 since their 2005 flag.

carlton and melbourne have plenty of top 10 draft picks but are both far from been a top 4 chance.
Spot on - clearly you need some top end talent but there's no need to be bottoming out.

Getting the picks is only one part of the equation anyway - Port have used their picks well, but as you say - Carlton and Melb have not.

You don't need 3 to 4 years of top 10 draft picks to win flags. Sydney did it in 2012 after missing the finals only

carlton and melbourne have plenty of top 10 draft picks but are both far from been a top 4 chance.
Sydney are a poor example given their zone allowance and COLA. I can't think of one team who won a premiership without either bottoming out for a few years OR cola/zone concessions OR father/sons.

That's a very narrow view of the benefits of effective marketing of the club. Wouldn't it be better to have:
- 90,000 people clamoring to be members of the club.
- the majority of youngsters picking the Crows as their AFL team to support thus ensuring long term growth.
- CEOs of potential sponsor companies looking at the Crows as the club that is moving forward and being the best investment.
- all those people who can't get membership jumping on board by buying merchandise, talking up the Crows in the media, making it hard for the traditional media to ignore us.
- us generating national exposure.
- us generating growth nationally.

Sure, winning games is the first priority but even then, effective marketing leverages the benefits many fold. To say the benefits of marketing is just confined to filling AO is just rubbish.

There was a stat on Footy Classified last night showing that the last of the last 4 Premiers, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Geelong all had 12 first rounders in their team. Sydney only had 6. Frighteningly GWS now have 22.

Sydney are a poor example given their zone allowance and COLA. I can't think of one team who won a premiership without either bottoming out for a few years OR cola/zone concessions OR father/sons.
Geelong never bottomed out - they did have the benefit of some father son selections -

Who is this Burgess wizard? Some how his magic made you top 4 last year? Is he the only wizard to know what magic makes men run with endurance? What sort of magic do you speak that we all should bow down to this Wizard Master Hinkley?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
So why did the Crows go hard to get Burgess then?

So why did the Crows go hard to get Burgess then?

I wasn't criticising Burgess. I was lampooning the quoted post. The flog was making it sound like you won the Premiership last year.

You need to read the context to understand the post before flailing your arms around. Now back to your back slapping Muntz.

Who is this Burgess wizard? Some how his magic made you top 4 last year? Is he the only wizard to know what magic makes men run with endurance? What sort of magic do you speak that we all should bow down to this Wizard Master Hinkley?

Yes it is all Burgess and Hinkley. Nothing to do with the stacks of early first round picks in their team....

Yes it is all Burgess and Hinkley. Nothing to do with the stacks of early first round picks in their team....

Burgess and Hinkley are doing their part. Handout helped fund this though. But they still haven't made enough money long term to sustain the spending they need to consolidate success. Winning helps. But they forget that there are 17 other teams that have something to say.

Those early picks were playing when we were shit too ;)

You also had coaching sessions over Skype, and your coach was friends with current players. That situation was never going to work.

Any real coach with a real fitness regime would have helped you guys no end. You guys were too focussed on 1870, OneClub and numerous other crises, like Ricci, to see that the situation was untenable.

Just like us in 2010, 2011. Coach lost his way, injuries, expansion clubs and lost focus on what we were working for. Etc. Etc.

But that's the difference between your fan base and ours. If we scrape into the 8 we call it mediocrity if you scrape into the 8, Tredders jizzes all over the channel 9 set on footy classified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a stat on Footy Classified last night showing that the last of the last 4 Premiers, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Geelong all had 12 first rounders in their team. Sydney only had 6. Frighteningly GWS now have 22.
You guys would have 12 or 13 1st round picks with 6-7 of those top 7 picks.

Another interesting stat boys and girls was that 16 of the Freo players on the weekend were rookie listers, or pick 53 or deeper. So maybe first rounders and COLA aren't the be all.
Yeah but they have Ross Lyon the best coach in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

When did Adelaide change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back