Where can I watch the GF around the world?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what? I have had trouble free viewing all year....perfectly good website...easy to navigate. And excellent quality.

And live, with full replays available immediately after. Its a great service.

Amazed you think differently.

I had trouble for 4 weeks during the middle to late in the season with live play constantly being interrupted with play from 10-30 minutes before. Kept getting the same response from them saying that were working on it each week. Last few weeks of the H&A season i didn't have a problem though and the finals have been on ESPN so i haven't used it for live games

When it works well it is a great service. Still worth the $100 despite those issues

The walkabout in shepards bush is showing it, 15 with 2 drinks and breaky, doors open at 4.30. tickets from their website.

its on ESPN in the uk though ay? **** getting up in the cold when i can watch it in bed.

Walkabouts at Covent Garden and Temple also showing it in London, but i agree i will probably be watching it in bed instead of going out in the cold

Going around to a few pubs in London tomorrow to check them out. Here's all the ones I know:

Walkabouts: Temple (safe bet), SheBu (gets REALLY messy!), Finchley Rd, Covent Garden, Watford
Larrik Inn, Fulham
Elk Bar, Fulham
The Underdog, Clapham (small, but OK)
The Alexandra, Clapham Common (probably my venue this year)
Clapham Grand (NOT recommended - went there last year. Good crowd, but projection screen was abysmal)
Belushi's, SheBu
Slug & Lettuce, Wimbledon
Bloomsbury Lanes, Holborn (sounds interesting - handball comps, live post-match analysis. Opens earliest at 3:30)

Anyone know anywhere to watch in Italy? Not really in a big city so 6:30 start time could be difficult. A couple of hours outside Rome. Cheers.

Going around to a few pubs in London tomorrow to check them out. Here's all the ones I know:

Walkabouts: Temple (safe bet), SheBu (gets REALLY messy!), Finchley Rd, Covent Garden, Watford
Larrik Inn, Fulham
Elk Bar, Fulham
The Underdog, Clapham (small, but OK)
The Alexandra, Clapham Common (probably my venue this year)
Clapham Grand (NOT recommended - went there last year. Good crowd, but projection screen was abysmal)
Belushi's, SheBu
Slug & Lettuce, Wimbledon
Bloomsbury Lanes, Holborn (sounds interesting - handball comps, live post-match analysis. Opens earliest at 3:30)

can imagine the walkabout at shebu getting messy, have been there after church on a sunday and wow.....

the larrik sponsors my rugby team. Fairly decent pub. Not that big. Fairly big projector screen and has an outdoor area which maybe could hold 50 people... they have posters for the game everywhere so fairly sure it will have a decent crowd.

So what's the deal with the London pubs? Wouldn't mind going to one of them if the punters get involved. Not too keen on going to one if it;s just row after row of chairs with the occasional clap after a goal.

I was at shebu walky for the end of the adelaide hawthorn game. Probably 15 people in guernseys, i had to stand in a corner was pretty packed. guarantee if you head there you wont complain about the atmosphere.

I was at shebu walky for the end of the adelaide hawthorn game. Probably 15 people in guernseys, i had to stand in a corner was pretty packed. guarantee if you head there you wont complain about the atmosphere.

How many people were there all up? What did you mean by 'messy' by they way? ;)

I'd say ~150? They are charging 15 for tickets (2 beers and breaky included) so obviously it's a huge day for them. Had the game on the big screen and maybe 15 other tvs around the pub.

Just imagine Aussies and Kiwi's pissed as anything. like 20 people behind the bar making sure everyone is getting drunk. All dressed up, band playing, just real loose.

Haha sounds like I work for them. I'm tempted to go but none of my mates are into AFL over here so will prob just watch in bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many people were there all up? What did you mean by 'messy' by they way? ;)
I meant messy as the SheBu crowd does get a fair few that have been out all night, and it gets really raucous with lots of pints spilled and whatnot. Used to live out that way but now that I'm in the south it's a pain in the arse to get to. Had that look around and will be going to either Bloomsbury Lanes or Alexandra, as both have night buses close by I can just hop on to from home. Same situation as saviour1 - all my mates have bailed on me, but I'm still going for the atmosphere...will also get me in training for the Oktoberfest which I'm off to the next day...

There are two Aussie bars in Vienna which show the final, I cant remember what they were called

I know a free sports stream, has hm&away games so pretty sure will have gf, quality is not great but watchable. Don't know if I can paste it on here though

I've got a couple of mates who are trying their luck outside the ground looking for a ticket, but would like to know if there is anywhere good to go to watch the game relatively near the MCG where they can still enjoy a beer.
I thought Fed Square might be an option, but apparently not if you want to drink.

Any suggestions?

can imagine the walkabout at shebu getting messy, have been there after church on a sunday and wow.....

the larrik sponsors my rugby team. Fairly decent pub. Not that big. Fairly big projector screen and has an outdoor area which maybe could hold 50 people... they have posters for the game everywhere so fairly sure it will have a decent crowd.

It may have been over a decade ago - but i was in no state to go anywhere after a sunday visit to church.

4 hours of power and it was a miracle i got home.

Shepherd's Bush has the best setup for big games IMO

I wasn't really either, as with most of the people there. Was home in bed by 8 though, didn't last long.

For any finals match or just a game of the regular season - if you're in New York you can catch every game of the AFL at The Australian NYC!

This year I won't be able to make the game :(

I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I'll be in Italy (Amalfi Coast, either in Sorrento or Positano) and was hoping like heck someone might know of a place that will be showing the game. I've got no idea if there will be, but hopefully someone on Bigfooty can come to the rescue with a location!
(I know I could watch it on-line, but would much prefer a pub/cafe/etc)
TIA

Best bet is to walk around any bars that seem to have sports showing on their screens and just ask. Will be early remember.. bout 6am. Or try Bar/Tabachis that have sport streams. they will probably be open for the early morning espresso seekers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back