Where Do the Swans Go From Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

With shaw , goodes and jetta gone , richards and pyke to follow next year...... the swans will have quite the war chest
We have to cut $600k just to be under the cap, let alone have a 'war chest'

Breach of contract FTW!

all done and dusted next year anyways, as is Tippos firsr contract (front loaded btw)

Add Mills to a quality midfield, 2nd year for Heeney and the return of Bud, Parker, Jack and Reid and we'll be fine, thanks for your concern

No part of a restricted FA contract can be changed in regards to the salary cap for any reason.

They FINALLY had a bad year with injuries - they have had a dream run, no other team has been as lucky as they have. Finally it actually has an impact, just like he does for the other teams in the comp.

They FINALLY had a bad year with injuries - they have had a dream run, no other team has been as lucky as they have. Finally it actually has an impact, just like he does for the other teams in the comp.
We were hobbled with injuries entering the 2013 finals series. Arguably our best player on grand final day in 2012 has not played a game since.

But i do feel sorry for essendon. If it wasny for your injuries the past couple of years, we would have been talking about an essendom dynasty

Ummm McGlynn, Franklin, Kennedy, Shaw, Richards, Tippett, Laidler and Reid say hi....
Mumford when Geelong really needed him after Ottens.

Some Sydney supporters still living in the PEPSI funded clouds and pointing fingers at others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only really poached 2 of those players. The rest were not wanted by their original clubs, or at least not valued by their original clubs.

As with the vast majority of our trades, only Gunston (who wanted to come home) and Gibbo were really poached, Burgoyne was a 2 way trade with Port looking to get early picks, Hale wasn't getting opportunity at North etc.

Mumford when Geelong really needed him after Ottens.

Some Sydney supporters still living in the PEPSI funded clouds and pointing fingers at others.

Dropping Mumford for the Grand Final after carrying the team for 18 rounds had nothing to do with his leaving the Cats either, I guess.

at the game, as one of many with free tickets I just wondered,
were the swans out coached? Why run your full forward in the ruck and rely an a storage game without any hint of a plan B.

also - stop giving away free tickets (I know its the AFL not the club) but who pays when there are so many give aways.

That's no-one's fault but your own.

There are growing rumours of a trade of Leuenburger and Tippett as Sydney desperately need salary cap relief and a ruckman.

Growing rumours = your post

Dropping Mumford for the Grand Final after carrying the team for 18 rounds had nothing to do with his leaving the Cats either, I guess.
The fact that Geelong could only offer him about $150k a season and Sydney were more than double that had a bit to do with it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where Do the Swans Go From Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back