Where Do the Swans Go From Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans season ends, swans written off

How new and original. Same every year
Ummm McGlynn, Franklin, Kennedy, Shaw, Richards, Tippett, Laidler and Reid say hi....
YEAH! Plus we poached, Reid, Laidler, Shaw, Mcglynn, JPK, Richards, Buddy and Tippett! The one that really gets up my nose is Reid, We really did the dirty on the Murray Bushrangers!!!!

YEAH! Plus we poached, Reid, Laidler, Shaw, Mcglynn, JPK, Richards, Buddy and Tippett! The one that really gets up my nose is Reid, We really did the dirty on the Murray Bushrangers!!!!

Tippett yeah the crows wanted, cheated to keep him

And buddy yep we took him, from the club that takes everyone else

The rest were largely scrap, hawks fans try to re write history on JPK of course

When it suits Reid is a spud, ditto tippett,other times we raided these blokes and yeah poor murray bushrangers, i guess Reid did not follow the script and piddle off back to a vic club as expected

The fact that Geelong could only offer him about $150k a season and Sydney were more than double that had a bit to do with it too.

Nonsense.

Everyone looks at Mumford the finished product and think highway robbery. Fact was the guy was still a rookie in 2009 elevated due to an injury to West.

Cats basically saw Blake, West and Ottens as the first pick options. He was going to struggle to get a game. He carried them all year in 2009, but as soon as Blake was good to go they dropped him (and he missed out on a Premiership).

Of course Geelong could only offer him base wages. They still saw him as a rookie they weren't gong to give any games to. Why would Geelong pay a rookie a starting pay grade if they already had three other ruckmen to pay already?

Sydney didn't offer anything untoward. They just guaranteed him games, and a pay rate to match.

Never underestimate the power of a club refusing to give you a game to get you looking around.

Disappointing year from the Swans.

I was expecting a proud response after they were humiliated on the biggest stage last year but it wasn't to be.

Should be thereabouts again next year, but I think their team looks better on paper than it actually is.
Why dont you just say "i think the swans are shit", rather than pretending you are looking at it objectively? Pretty poor attempt to be diplomatic.

1. Get healthy
2. Set ourselves for another tilt and defy all the doubters (again)
3. Pray the Hawks don't win the flag, so their fan's egos truly become uncontrollable.
4. Boo, because, well, isn't that what we Australians do?!

Last edited:
Tippett yeah the crows wanted, cheated to keep him

And buddy yep we took him, from the club that takes everyone else

The rest were largely scrap, hawks fans try to re write history on JPK of course

When it suits Reid is a spud, ditto tippett,other times we raided these blokes and yeah poor murray bushrangers, i guess Reid did not follow the script and piddle off back to a vic club as expected

We wanted to keep JPK but couldn't offer him any cola...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i.e. I was thinking that your Reid came from the Pies.. On JPK we wanted to keep him but couldn't get near the $$$$$ + Cola that you could.
Your obviously a well researched football fan given the collingwood one was drafted in 06 and the sydney one in 09. In fact they have played on each other several times. I know its confusing they look alike and both wear the number 20, just on different jumpers.

Nonsense.

Everyone looks at Mumford the finished product and think highway robbery. Fact was the guy was still a rookie in 2009 elevated due to an injury to West.

Cats basically saw Blake, West and Ottens as the first pick options. He was going to struggle to get a game. He carried them all year in 2009, but as soon as Blake was good to go they dropped him (and he missed out on a Premiership).

Of course Geelong could only offer him base wages. They still saw him as a rookie they weren't gong to give any games to. Why would Geelong pay a rookie a starting pay grade if they already had three other ruckmen to pay already?

Sydney didn't offer anything untoward. They just guaranteed him games, and a pay rate to match.

Never underestimate the power of a club refusing to give you a game to get you looking around.

Mumford was a rookie, Blake had experience. Everyone could see how good Mumford was and most Geelong fans thought it was the wrong choice at the time to not give him a go in the Grand Final.

Also, rumours at the time were that Sydney offered him $500k. If that's true, very few clubs could pay a rookie listed player that, and a team like Geelong at the time had no chance.

83360467.gif

Swans season ends, swans written off

How new and original. Same every year
There are valid queries at this stage.

Swans depth looks questionable, and has done for a few years. Lots of eggs in one basket, with the top end looking good, but a lack of competent underlings.

Jetta gone means that Swans transition play loses an outlet. Malceski's loss at the end of 2014, undoubtedly hindered it also, with seemingly no ready made replacement.

Ruck is a weakness, with Luenberger who doesn't have a great track record of staying fit, the possible recruit.

Backline is going to be weaker again in 2016, unless they unearth someone or trade in another Richard's project.

Question marks over just what Franklin is going to be capable of going forward, too.

There are valid queries at this stage.

Swans depth looks questionable, and has done for a few years. Lots of eggs in one basket, with the top end looking good, but a lack of competent underlings.

Jetta gone means that Swans transition play loses an outlet. Malceski's loss at the end of 2014, undoubtedly hindered it also, with seemingly no ready made replacement.

Ruck is a weakness, with Luenberger who doesn't have a great track record of staying fit, the possible recruit.

Backline is going to be weaker again in 2016, unless they unearth someone or trade in another Richard's project.

Question marks over just what Franklin is going to be capable of going forward, too.
Yeah looking at your summation we are prob going to finish bottom 4.

I wouldn't like to be a Swans supporters or have the responsibility to turn things around, they look like a club ready to implode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where Do the Swans Go From Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back