Which club is Carlton's biggest rival?

Carlton's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn in no particular order, snipers and cheats in past decades, all of them.
These days its the Suns.

Collingwood or Richmond.
Who has the greater supporter base?

Joking.
I mean either Collingwood or Richmond would be Carlton's biggest rival.

Always The Carringbush for moi!

show_image.php

It's almost a dead heat between Collingwood and Essendon for me.

I picked Collingwood in the poll, but that could be because we're playing them this week and haven't beaten them in 5 years. I could have easily picked Essendon if I saw this at a different point in time.

I think I'm too young to fully appreciate the Richmond rivalry.

As a kid, definitely Collingwood, I remember going to Victoria Park, what a sesspit.

Then I went to Windy Hill. Hmmm, when an average looking mum took it upon herself call me a "dirty little wog" for daring to support my boys in blue I figured I'd found a new home for my hatred. Maybe I'd found my way into the equivalent of Moorabbin's infamous animal enclosure but I recall most of their supporters being particularly vicious and racist. I never rated Essendon and wondered why they had tickets on themselves.

Now, I just loathe the "bombres" - there is no love for the carringbush but * can GAGF.

FYI, don't mind the Tiges. I find their supporters manic fluctuations amusing for the most part.

I hate Essendon with a unbridled passion which stems from the 1981 Night Grand Final, there late come from behind win at Princes Park that same season there winning streak against us till about 1985 and there general all round thuggery against us during that time when no game was complete without Marcou, Glasscott etc would get carried off on a stretcher by there band of gutless thugs, our loss to them in the 1993 Grand Final which not even the 1999 Preliminary Final win can erase.

There self entitled Kool-Aid drinking supporters who believe they’ve done nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

The fact that they’ve broken every rule of the game involving salary cap cheating drug cheating etc yet the AFL and AFL media still think the sun shines out of there collective arses.

They can all crawl under a rock and die, and there is no amount of eye rolling emojis I can add.

Last edited:
I hate Essendon with a unbridled passion which stems from the 1981 Night Grand Final, there late come from behind win at Princes Park that same season there winning streak against us till about 1985 and there general all round thuggery against us during that time when no game was complete without Marcou, Glasscott etc would get carried off on a stretcher by there band of gutless thugs, our loss to them in the 1993 Grand Final which not even the 1999 Preliminary Final win can erase.

There self entitled Kool-Aid drinking supporters who believe they’ve done nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

The fact that they’ve broken every rule of the game involving salary cap cheating drug cheating etc yet the AFL and AFL media still think the sun shines out of there collective arses.

They can all crawl under a rock and die, and there is no amount of eye rolling emojis I can add.

This….from 93 onward…have plenty of mates who support the asterisk club

Usually the banter is great…have won a few bottles of scotch over the years thanks to the * shitness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traditionally, Collingwood. Sadly, I cannot recall the last time that both clubs were good at the same time.

In my lifetime, we've had a fiercer rivalry with * and both were good at the same time. Somewhat sadly, both have been shit equally as long.

I've said for a few years now that the second one of us (Carlton, Essendon) comes good so too will the other because it'll serve as the kick in the ass the other club needs to put their shit together. I stand by that.

Traditionally, Collingwood. Sadly, I cannot recall the last time that both clubs were good at the same time.

In my lifetime, we've had a fiercer rivalry with * and both were good at the same time. Somewhat sadly, both have been sh*t equally as long.

I've said for a few years now that the second one of us (Carlton, Essendon) comes good so too will the other because it'll serve as the kick in the ass the other club needs to put their sh*t together. I stand by that.

I couldn’t stomach * getting to 17 premierships first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For this 1st time in living memory the Magpies have gone ahead of us in games won …. We used to have 15+ gap …. Sign of how far we have slipped in recent years !!

I couldn’t stomach * getting to 17 premierships first.

I couldn't stomach * getting to finals before us. I hope if they sneak in this year its a kick up the ass to us.

Considering the first game I ever saw was the legendary game at Windy Hill in '75, and there have been so many instances, Fitz's free, '93, '99 (never forget the Bummer members lined up b4 the Prelim for GF tickets, Diesel being robbed of the Brownlow, etc, etc...
Aside from beating those flogs on numerous occasions, and a certain 'goal' on the run, there is nothing to put the filth ahead of that lot from the north, a team who does not even rate a name on this board, the team that cheated it's way to a flag that should have been ours, SOS touched that goal.......
We are the pure of spirit, we light the way to he afterlife, they shroud the way, are the darkness, the evil vipers of humanity...
I despise them with such a passion that Michelangelo would find inspiration. That is rivalry, like the French and English for a millennium, the Russians and Americans during the cold war, the Chinese and Australians now....

Was the filth.... 70’s-80’s
Now the cheats... 90’s-present

The Collingwood rivalry has actually been going for well over 100 years, it is generations and generations of hatred, Essendon is a johnny come lately in that regard.

There's a lot of history between Carlton and Collingwood going all the way back to when Carlton assisted with Collingwood's admission into the VFA.

Last edited:
Considering the first game I ever saw was the legendary game at Windy Hill in '75, and there have been so many instances, Fitz's free, '93, '99 (never forget the Bummer members lined up b4 the Prelim for GF tickets, Diesel being robbed of the Brownlow, etc, etc...
Aside from beating those flogs on numerous occasions, and a certain 'goal' on the run, there is nothing to put the filth ahead of that lot from the north, a team who does not even rate a name on this board, the team that cheated it's way to a flag that should have been ours, SOS touched that goal.......
We are the pure of spirit, we light the way to he afterlife, they shroud the way, are the darkness, the evil vipers of humanity...
I despise them with such a passion that Michelangelo would find inspiration. That is rivalry, like the French and English for a millennium, the Russians and Americans during the cold war, the Chinese and Australians now....
Carrazzo shoulder as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Which club is Carlton's biggest rival?

Back