Which club would you least want to see win a flag?

Which team would you be least happy to see win a flag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by this poll 1/3 of the football population would be shattered with a Bombers premiership.
Congrats to the bombers.

That's the fastest century I have seen in my time at BF.
The lower the vote count, the more irrelevancy and pity, would be my read on it.

Going by this poll 1/3 of the football population would be shattered with a Bombers premiership.

The lower the vote count, the more irrelevancy and pity, would be my read on it.

It's not just the individual vote tallies, it's the staggering ratio aspects.

Currently @ 8:22 am 3/3/2018:

Essendon: 102
17 other clubs combined: 197

It's either out of Essendon or GWS. I still haven't forgiven Essendon for the debacle. GWS just scream plastic franchise to me. They've been given a king's ransom of players, they don't have much history or character, their fanbase is fairly small and I find their styling, charcoal, orange, giants name etc to be all fake. I'd much rather a club like Melbourne, which has had its ups and downs and feels like a club with some culture and identity win it.

Definitely a tie between Essendon and GWS. Any other team wouldn't bother me that much.

I'm really surprised at the results so far in this poll.

Essendon have a lot of really likeable players. Merrett, Daniher, Fantasia, Tipungwuti, Heppell... I would have thought that seeing these players get a flag after all the unfortunate crap they've had to go through would be something that a lot of football lovers would want to see. And according to Luke Darcy, we are everyone's 2nd favourite team.

Daniher is not likeable, he is creepy. Fantasia is likeable but has been ruined by BT.

This is a close poll ay
2F02_29.jpg

GWS & GC. Happy for them to earn one, but doing it on the back of startup concessions if just an AFL gift and thus meaningless.

And when is that going to happen?

Every new club need players, they’ve got to get them from somewhere, so there’s has to be some sort of concession system to start with.

We currently have 14 players on our list of 44 that are there as a result of our start up concessions.
2 x 17 year old pre-list
3 x uncontracted players from other clubs
6 x draftees
2 x “were overlooked in a previous draft by everyone else who had their chance but passed”
1 x mini-draft trade

You could, I suppose, count Sam Reid who we got as part of initial start up concessions and is still on our list, but he retired, became a coach, and was later re-rookied so I’m not counting him.

Everyone else on the list is there as a result of trade or ladder finishing position.

At what point do you people stop banging on about start up concessions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you ******* high or something.. Jesus Christ ... triumphing in the face of adversity.. :eek:

I'm high on life. Never in the course of human history have a group of young men faced such adversity!

I'm high on life. Never in the course of human history have a group of young men faced such adversity!

Somehow I can't see Dyson Heppel storming the beaches at Normandy.

17 of them really.

But particularly current...

Esssendon. Not until they have everyone tainted with cheating gone.
GWS & GC. Happy for them to earn one, but doing it on the back of startup concessions if just an AFL gift and thus meaningless.

GWS couldn't agree more. Give them another 10 years and even then will depend on what happens with the academies.

GC startup concessions were far fewer and are no longer a factor. Academies still are though not to the same extent so wouldn't be upset if they won a flag.

And when is that going to happen?

Every new club need players, they’ve got to get them from somewhere, so there’s has to be some sort of concession system to start with.

We currently have 14 players on our list of 44 that are there as a result of our start up concessions.
2 x 17 year old pre-list
3 x uncontracted players from other clubs
6 x draftees
2 x “were overlooked in a previous draft by everyone else who had their chance but passed”
1 x mini-draft trade

You could, I suppose, count Sam Reid who we got as part of initial start up concessions and is still on our list, but he retired, became a coach, and was later re-rookied so I’m not counting him.

Everyone else on the list is there as a result of trade or ladder finishing position.

At what point do you people stop banging on about start up concessions?

You have to factor in the returns you also got for trading out some of those players such as Boyd, Treloar, Tyson, Adams etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Which club would you least want to see win a flag?

Back