Which Essendon player will improve the most in '13?

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hope to see Buddha get back to his 2011 form. Very important part of our midfield make up.
Also think Heppell has another gear or two in him. Despite our team struggles his transition to the midfield was probably my highlight of the 2nd half of the year. His clearance work noticeably improving game by game and I was particularly impressed with how well he coped carrying those extra pounds of muscle.

The upside to guys like Hurley, Myers, Pears etc is obvious. Get them fit and playing consistent games and naturally we can expect a better return than we got this year.

I think that if Myers plays this season as a true midfielder he will be the most improved. He has a big body thumping kick and can run. He strikes me as the sort of bloke that can grab the ball and run it out like dangerfield does. He has the body and enough speed just depends on whether he has developed the strength and composure.

Otherwise i think you will see a fair bit of improvement right across the list due to natural development and maturity but also with the added leadership of goddard, who will take a fair bit of pressure off the likes of zaka and stants and maybe even hepps.

Don't forget pears either he was really starting to play some great footy in the VFL so hopefully this has given him some confidence to come out firing on all cylinders in 2013!!!!!

I think that if Myers plays this season as a true midfielder he will be the most improved. He has a big body thumping kick and can run. He strikes me as the sort of bloke that can grab the ball and run it out like dangerfield does. He has the body and enough speed just depends on whether he has developed the strength and composure.

Otherwise i think you will see a fair bit of improvement right across the list due to natural development and maturity but also with the added leadership of goddard, who will take a fair bit of pressure off the likes of zaka and stants and maybe even hepps.

Don't forget pears either he was really starting to play some great footy in the VFL so hopefully this has given him some confidence to come out firing on all cylinders in 2013!!!!!

LOL stopped reading

Zaka will be shit hot in the early part of the season until opposition teams take their defensive focus away from BJ, Watson and Stanton and pay him more attention.
Pending injury, he will still have a Stella year.

/ I hope!

Need a settled line up, if we can get between 18-22 games out of 26 players I think we'll get to see our younger players blossom. Would really like to see Hurley, Zaka and Moose string 20+ games together and have settled back 6 of Fletch, Dempsey, Hibberd, Pears, Hooker and Carlisle.

I think based on games played last year and potential shown that A. browne will go up another level.

Needs a solid pre-season to build on.

Wow, that is up there with the greatest delusional pearlers.

Wow, that is up there with the greatest delusional pearlers.
This was particularly bad, Myers isn't exactly an athlete like Dangerfield

Im hoping Kav turns into a Gaff, where he racks up the possies on the outside and runs his ass off.
With Myers, Goddard and Watson all playing as inside mids, our average height is about 190cm around the ball, meaning he will be protected from the big bodies. Hopefully he gets a run behind Stants and Zaka. Should do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im hoping Kav turns into a Gaff, where he racks up the possies on the outside and runs his arse off.
With Myers, Goddard and Watson all playing as inside mids, our average height is about 190cm around the ball, meaning he will be protected from the big bodies. Hopefully he gets a run behind Stants and Zaka. Should do well.

Don't forget Heppell and Hocking who both have genuine size.

Guys i didn't say that he is as good as dangerfield. That would be a stupid thing to say, but he has a good size body and enough speed to be able to break through packs, Maybe not as well as dangerfield but along those lines.

Myers has been played mainly as a backman since being drafted. Even though all of his juniors he was a midfielder. He was also a top ten draft pick i think correct me if i am wrong. I think given the chance to play midfield he could develop into one of the elite midfielders. This would obviously take him work but i think if he is able to get the best out of himself he would be very, very highly regarded by everyone.

Guys i didn't say that he is as good as dangerfield. That would be a stupid thing to say, but he has a good size body and enough speed to be able to break through packs, Maybe not as well as dangerfield but along those lines.

Myers has been played mainly as a backman since being drafted. Even though all of his juniors he was a midfielder. He was also a top ten draft pick i think correct me if i am wrong. I think given the chance to play midfield he could develop into one of the elite midfielders. This would obviously take him work but i think if he is able to get the best out of himself he would be very, very highly regarded by everyone.
Best let it go, move on and hope people forget (unlikely)

Melksham is an obvious choice as he has shown the ability but seemed to really struggle fitness wise in 2012. Another big pre season with more of a running focus will hopefully sort that out.

I'll go out on a bit of a limb and say Colyer though. Will find it tough to make the team but I think he has the attributes to make it.

Congratulations on picking his biggest deficiency and comparing him to the best player in the league at that particular attribute.

You've proven you have NFI.

Annnnnnnnnnnd fisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Essendon player will improve the most in '13?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back