Which player(s) needs the biggest pre-season of their career?

Remove this Banner Ad

Neagle needs the tank to play a full game.
Myers needs a tank to play in the middle - I honestly think this is the only reason he's not playing midfield atm.
Melksham needs the tank to play a full game.
Zaharakis needs a tank to play on ball.
Reimers - needs to be influencing the game more.
Jetta would want to be pushing into the middle.

Gumby, Carlisle, Bellchambers, Hurley and Hooker need to keep bulking up.

Reimers- gee in all honestly he needs a smack in the head or an off feild drama to wake him up(steve johnson comes to mind) i'd start by getting rid of the f**king pink boots, the milionaire syndrome the tuff guy additude, look huimself in the bloody mirror and stay away from night clubs and the piss and have a fair dinkum crack, the kid could be a player but a lot of his mental additude needs to change.

Ryder-firstly must get he's head right and hit the gym, the club then needs decide where he is best suited chb/ruck/forward make a decision

jetta-has shown in a couple of games that he can make it as a mid or running half back, see harbrow, ash mcgrath, needs to get fit and the coaches put some faith in him.

Neagle- make or break either you want to be there or not

dempsy- needs to be coached on how to play the game, requires some serious one on one time with a coach for the next 6 months

pears-get fit enough to be a rebounding half back

the whole list needs to bulk and harden up, learn how to make a tackle stick and hurt someone.

Watch some old games and find out what passion and playing for the efc is all about

Neagle is now and will forever remain a fat lazy pig. He was gifted a walk up spot in a massive hole left at our club by the departure of Matty Lloyd, all he needed to do was waddle up and squeeze into a jumper. He obviously has some ability otherwise he wouldnt be listed (yeah I hear you saying what about Quinn?) so all the fat bitch needs to do is apply himself, get his fitness right and have a decent crack at becoming a respectable league footballer.

The are only 2 things you can control in footy and they are your attitude and your fitness, everything else is out of your hands. If you have these 2 aspects squared away you can even compensate for a lack of skill through sheer hard work and intensity. On the flipside a player can have all the skill in the world but if he is not applying himself 100% his skills are worth sfa and he will be just another player.

If being a listed AFL player with a big club like Essendon, getting paid a shitload of cash, making a living doing what you love and being able to punch well above your weight (pardon the pun) in the ladies department can't motivate the big fat prick to push himself to his peak then nothing ever will and we should piss him off now.

Individuals will outperform when they have confidence in themselves to hold their positions, are played in the right positions, have confidence in their teammates, confidence in the gameplan and an understanding of plan A, B and C.
This isn't grid iron. What team has three laid out plans that every player perfectly understands?

Neagle is now and will forever remain a fat lazy pig. He was gifted a walk up spot in a massive hole left at our club by the departure of Matty Lloyd, all he needed to do was waddle up and squeeze into a jumper. He obviously has some ability otherwise he wouldnt be listed (yeah I hear you saying what about Quinn?) so all the fat bitch needs to do is apply himself, get his fitness right and have a decent crack at becoming a respectable league footballer.

The are only 2 things you can control in footy and they are your attitude and your fitness, everything else is out of your hands. If you have these 2 aspects squared away you can even compensate for a lack of skill through sheer hard work and intensity. On the flipside a player can have all the skill in the world but if he is not applying himself 100% his skills are worth sfa and he will be just another player.

If being a listed AFL player with a big club like Essendon, getting paid a shitload of cash, making a living doing what you love and being able to punch well above your weight (pardon the pun) in the ladies department can't motivate the big fat prick to push himself to his peak then nothing ever will and we should piss him off now.

Yep, had his chances. Piss him off.

This isn't grid iron. What team has three laid out plans that every player perfectly understands?

Yeah, pretty sure most teams have multiple setups or gameplan variations that they understand (attack, lockdown, zones, go wide) if the coach instructs a change during breaks. This is particularly true when coming out of defense.

A few of them are gunna find it hard laying bricks, mowing lawns or whatever pays thier bills ;)
Serious hard yakka and commitment required by all. They should be feeling hurt and embarrassed as one. This can be good. Leaders- stand up and lead (no kid gloves). Followers - get in behind and work their butts off.
Watchers be amazed.
Doubters - be turned around.
We are Essendon

love your passion my friend....was saying to a mate during the 2nd quarter of the bris game that we should use the first 3-4 weeks of the pre season putting a few through a mini stokes program.....give them a full time job and have them train after work mon, wed, fri and also sat arvo.
show neagle, reimers, jetta, dempsey, and maybe a even a few others what life will be like for them very soon if they don't pull their finger out and make the next step up to a bonafide afl player....it surely couldn't hurt. but possibly could be a huge turning point....

....it's not like they don't deserve it.

stants if we keep him, understands what gut running is, and whilst kept fit, needs at least 5-6 weeks or whatever it takes of skills training under pressure to improve this current shambles he's serving us up weekly with these mother ****ing turnovers..

as stated i doubt this will work for stants and feel he should be traded before his currency drops, however if we do keep him, that's the approach i'd take.

the rest of the list.....no big secret.
just train every one of them harder than they've trained before....essendon needs to sort the men out from the boys.....smart strength, conditioning and programming to keep injuries to a minimum of course, but ffs have this list run out next year as ready as possible to consistently take it right up to the other 15 sides week after week.....that's all i ask.

love your passion my friend....was saying to a mate during the 2nd quarter of the bris game that we should use the first 3-4 weeks of the pre season putting a few through a mini stokes program.....give them a full time job and have them train after work mon, wed, fri and also sat arvo.
show neagle, reimers, jetta, dempsey, and maybe a even a few others what life will be like for them very soon if they don't pull their finger out and make the next step up to a bonafide afl player....it surely couldn't hurt. but possibly could be a huge turning point....

....it's not like they don't deserve it.

i like this idea, however i think most of the list should do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tayte Pears. The operation he had was quite invasive and left him stuck in a prolonged period of inactivity. I imagine he will need to do quite a bit of work just to get himself back to the level he was at.

From all reports, he had dropped at least 9 kgs not long after the operation, if not more. He might not come good until 2012.

Gumby needs a bit of core strength so that he doesn't get pushed off his line so easily. Great jump and good endurance already, just a little bit of gym work.

With some size, he could end up like Saint Nick. Big call, but with his endurance and vertical leap, hard not to get excited about his potential after his perseverance.

Agree Gumby needs a little more muscle conditioning, but this shouldn't be overestimated. Part of the area for improvement is the mental application to impose himself on contests; to take a more aggressive approach in using his body to make a contest his own. I think only an extra 3-4 kgs is necessary, and then if he wants to add a little more then to wait until the following pre-season to give his body time to adjust slowly. Otherwise, he would end up injuring himself again if the change was too quick.

Anyone know how McCormack (not sure on spelling) is preparing these boys physically? I remember the West Coast boys all looking like "TANKS" when coming out onto the field. I understand the list we have is fairly young and will take time to develop so in essence would be good to see a combination of strength, where size follows. This will negate the "getting pushed off the ball easily" we see too often!! This will also instill further confidence in our players ability to hit packs and win their own ball.

More endurance running is also requried so we can get back and actually help our defence out, not just standing there ball watching. And did I mention SKILLS!!!!!!!

I have seen so many times this year with turnovers our defence is left lurking up the ground where our players are exposed due to our run and attack game plan!! That many times i saw the ball sail over Hookers head to their full forward made me want to punch walls in rage!!

Not sure if it comes down to the game plan or players mental attitude and im no coach nor mind reader, but its easy to tell, after disposing of the ball to a team mate up the ground, find your man and cover the space in the back half!!! Its too often we turn the ball over and get exposed!

Not sure if it comes down to the game plan or players mental attitude and im no coach nor mind reader, but its easy to tell, after disposing of the ball to a team mate up the ground, find your man and cover the space in the back half!!! Its too often we turn the ball over and get exposed!
I'm pretty sure, after what I read on here, they get told to stand there hands on hips after doing anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which player(s) needs the biggest pre-season of their career?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back