Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm ready for a big year of whipping. Cant come soon enough.

My early favourite - and new to the category - is McCreery. I loved him last year, but I've already turned. It doesn't take much. Plus he has red hair so its even more important that he delivers on his early promise. Red heads cop more than their fair share of criticism, and Beau (even his name is problematic) is in the frame.

I like vilifying people based on hair color. It will end up as the last bastion of discrimination.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WHE is furious that he isn't one of the favourites - the poor bloke has worked his butt off to do what appears to be stuff all, but is just enough to keep getting selected and lashed.
I saw him at the Yarraville Coles yesterday.
Looked strong.

I like vilifying people based on hair color. It will end up as the last bastion of discrimination.

Like your honesty Swipey. It makes complete sense to judge people based on their hair colour. Red hair is a clear indicator of…something.

Red and blonde are really the only ones. Let’s face it, most of the stereotypes are pretty accurate.

Laughing uncontrollably at this thread – GOLD

My left field nomination is Brayden Maynard,,,

Bruzza returns in Round 3 from suspension to face the Cats, and within 5 minutes, hits Gary Rohan’s head, claiming “it looked like a Sherrin”. Rubbed out for 5 weeks.

Returning in Round 9 V Scraggers, Bruzza does a Bruzzer and kicks out on the full from the back pocket. Ball seems to be close to the line, but confronting the boundary umpire, does a John Bourke from 1985 and pushes the boundary umpire in the chest. Rubbed out for 13 weeks, to return for Round 23 v Swannies.

Heading into Round 23, The Madge is currently leading the Brownlow Polling votes and is favourite to win. Within the 1st 30 seconds of the match, Bruzza king hits The Madge to the applause of his team mates and all Collingwood Big Footy followers…

Synopsis:

Madge wins the Brownlow:

Bruzza wins the Copeland after 3 matches (mainly for his work on Rohan and Madge)

I wonder will the coach and assistants make it to this thread in 2022?
Everyone is welcome, although the Blair trophy is reserved for the players.
Perhaps the Buckley trophy for most whipped coach?
Bolton the early favourite. Just because of the way he looks.

If Krueger can maintain some aggression, then it might keep him from the top rank.

If he drops his aggression, then he's begging for comparisons with Jesse White and he'll win the title by a considerable stretch. He's a chance.
Krueger at a 1000 to 1 at the moment. Wrongfully suspended and kicks long. Will need to channel his inner Trav Cloke to even be in the conversation.

Bruzza returns in Round 3 from suspension to face the Cats, and within 5 minutes, hits Gary Rohan’s head, claiming “it looked like a Sherrin”. Rubbed out for 5 weeks.

Returning in Round 9 V Scraggers, Bruzza does a Bruzzer and kicks out on the full from the back pocket. Ball seems to be close to the line, but confronting the boundary umpire, does a John Bourke from 1985 and pushes the boundary umpire in the chest. Rubbed out for 13 weeks, to return for Round 23 v Swannies.

Heading into Round 23, The Madge is currently leading the Brownlow Polling votes and is favourite to win. Within the 1st 30 seconds of the match, Bruzza king hits The Madge to the applause of his team mates and all Collingwood Big Footy followers…

Synopsis:

Madge wins the Brownlow:

Bruzza wins the Copeland after 3 matches (mainly for his work on Rohan and Madge)
Certainly some angst over the suspension but will never be a serious chance. Way too tough and magnificent to get anywhere near this award.

Synopsis:

Madge wins the Brownlow:

You will be a fine contributor to this thread.👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the season almost upon us, it’s time to turn our attention to this year’s crop of whipping boys.

The Madge is the clear early leader. Despite a tendency to give every ounce of effort, his supreme lack of skill has him an early favourite with the fans. A lack of senior opportunities might hold him back.

The Brown brothers. Taken together they would be unstoppable. C Brown slightly under his normally high whipping boy levels but expect rapid improvement. T Brown making strong gains and looks a likely type.

Steele - the former champ has fallen on hard times and looks likely for a top three finish. The go to player when we lose, which looks often this year.

Cox - hot and cold. Needs more consistency with his dropped marks.

Noble - hot favourite with some influential posters. Worth an each way bet.

Ones to watch - Grundy, Ruscoe, Bianco, Adams.

Who will win the Blair Memorial trophy in 2022?
JDG, one week he will kick a bag and be a star who needs to be a permanent forward the next week he won’t get near it and will be a mid who is played out of position thinks that he is better than he is and should have been sacked for his off field scandals.

Then when he goes in the guts he will dominate one week and everyone will be around him then the next week he will have a down game. Then everyone will be talking about how he is a forward and how we should have sacked him for all the off field drama

My early favourite - and new to the category - is McCreery. I loved him last year, but I've already turned. It doesn't take much. Plus he has red hair so its even more important that he delivers on his early promise. Red heads cop more than their fair share of criticism, and Beau (even his name is problematic) is in the frame.
Add to that his poor excuse for a moustache

Add to that his poor excuse for a moustache
The young generation should not being attempting a moustache unless they are particularly masculine.
Think Dennis Lillie.

Clokey needs to come back and teach these young Whipper Snappers something about REAL facial hair,,,

David Cloke invented his own category of whipping: ‘Ultra Annoying Father/Manager of Champion Son’.

Trav, although I’d love him back in the side, was rightfully whipped for his set shots on goal. Dreadful.

i want to put forward a vote for the ginnivan. Its always good to see a kid with confidence and its even better to shove that confidence back down his throat when goals become a little harder to get. That hair....

I see the Mcreepy thing,

Darcy Cameron is a smokey

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back