• Duggan

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need another Pendlebury with this pick, if this pick fails the club will fall away big time for the future.
Our midfield is currently D grade.

If we take Laverde at 5 then there will be some good midfield types still left at 30 like a Gore most likely.

If we go for a pure mid at 5 then perhaps Ahern.

Ok. Can you send me the results of all draft picks then. Cheers.

This year there is a top 4 clear best players. Last year there was a clear top ten.

Lasy year? Bontempelli Taylor Langdon are they part of your top 10?

Bontempelli was top 10. Taylor had ore opportunity because he was at Brisbane and Langdon was a great fit because we have barely any half-backs. Anyways your point is?

Bontempelli was top 10. Taylor had ore opportunity because he was at Brisbane and Langdon was a great fit because we have barely any half-backs. Anyways your point is?
Point is if you re do the 10 it's never the same. So saying there is a clear top 10 is bullshit and a clear top 4 this year.

Point is if you re do the 10 it's never the same. So saying there is a clear top 10 is bullshit and a clear top 4 this year.

That is true but has nothing to do with Brayshaw sliding.

This year there is a top 4 clear best players. Last year there was a clear top ten.

At this time last year Bontempelli wasn't in the consensus top ten. Even by mid November Cal Twomey who better than anyone leads that group opinion still had him out of the top ten in his phantom. He also had Taylor and Lennon in with Sheed and Freeman out.

It's a pity that there is not a great deal of real high quality midfielders around in this draft. It's exactly what we need considering we've taken only one pure midfielder in the past 3 drafts.

I get the feeling we'll go tall with it and look to bolster the midfield with 30/48 and with next years picks.

Ahern really impressed me with his form in the GF. Another one I like is De Goey, not much has been said about him, do you think he belongs in the pick 5 conversation?

Ahern is certainly in the mix and am told by a few who would know that Ahern is in the mix for our pick.

De Goey I think is a bit high. I can see him as high as maybe 10 or so but in a range of 10-20. He will be a good get but he is a bit limited in positional scope at this stage in same way Ben Lennon was. I like him though very aggressive sort of player and skilled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jayden Laverde (Western Jets)

Born 12.4.1996, 189cm, 82kg

AFL biography: Smooth moving medium midfielder/forward with neat disposal skills. Can turn opponents inside out with his agility and is dangerous around goals. Strong overhead and a difficult match up with athletic attributes in forward half or in midfield. Averaged 16.8 disposals at 74% efficiency and 5 marks during the NAB AFL U18 Championships winning All Australian honours.

upload_2014-10-15_19-13-5.jpeg

look at that size on him, he is a pendlebury allright. That efficiency and ability to score up fwd

AFL biography: Smooth moving medium midfielder/forward with neat disposal skills. Can turn opponents inside out with his agility and is dangerous around goals. Strong overhead and a difficult match up with athletic attributes in forward half or in midfield. Averaged 16.8 disposals at 74% efficiency and 5 marks during the NAB AFL U18 Championships winning All Australian honours.

View attachment 87327

look at that size on him, he is a pendlebury allright. That efficiency and ability to score up fwd

Looks a bit more solid in that then his u/18 highlight reel.

I wonder if Hine might pull a Pendles this raft ie take a player rated 15+ at 5, could Nakia Cockatoo have that same potential to be that surprise player?
Cal Twomey said he is firming for 1st round selection.

At this time last year Bontempelli wasn't in the consensus top ten. Even by mid November Cal Twomey who better than anyone leads that group opinion still had him out of the top ten in his phantom. He also had Taylor and Lennon in with Sheed and Freeman out.

Pendles was considered a 16+ pick by all and sundry, clubs even snickered at us for taking him at 5. I hope we do it again.

Pendles was considered a 16+ pick by all and sundry, clubs even snickered at us for taking him at 5. I hope we do it again.
Was rumored that Greg Miller laughed at us for taking him. Apparently he wouldn't of drafted him full stop. I have heard west coast rated him at 1 though.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but the guys looks so smooth.

What was that other guys name thats also looked this composed in traffic that we got with pick 5?

There's also a big Moore mark in this package from a Laverde kick, thats our future right there.

I got a sneaky feeling this could happen as well. All this talk of a weak draft and a definite top 4. It's set up for Dekka to do his thing. Back in 2005 most people had us taking Xavier Ellis ...

Pendles was a bottom age player who played his football that year as an outside player.

Was rumored that Greg Miller laughed at us for taking him. Apparently he wouldn't of drafted him full stop. I have west coast rated him at 1 though.
Was Greg Miller the Richmond recruiter?
I heard he was walking around the room telling everyone that we ****ed up the draft.
He then proceeded to draft Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, who played a grand total of 13 games. What a superstar drafter :drunk:

Was Greg Miller the Richmond recruiter?
I heard he was walking around the room telling everyone that we ****** up the draft.
He then proceeded to draft Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, who played a grand total of 13 games. What a superstar drafter :drunk:

LMFAO... Great story. :thumbsu:

View attachment 87327

I like the look of him if Brayshaw does not slide. As long as he is a good user of the footy his physical attributes are spot on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laverde looks like the type of player we need.
Highly fanciful to expect a Brayshaw sliding through.

Been trying to work out who he moves like and I reckon it's Porplyzia from Crows

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back