Who do you want taking a set shot for your life?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Anthony

No seriously, the guy didn't miss from a set-shot, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!

Clutch, no doubt that music is playing in the background as Jack saves my life.

Cheers, Jack!

Jack Anthony

No seriously, the guy didn't miss from a set-shot, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!

Clutch, no doubt that music is playing in the background as Jack saves my life.

Cheers, Jack!

Forgot about him. IIRC, he kicked 29.3 in 2008, that was right up until the semi final where he kicked something like 1.5 :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jacko1.jpg

Colin Sylivia

... hang on, wait

Oh shit

For those old enough to remember, I would place my life in the hands of 1 player only.

That is Bernie Quinlan from Footscray/Fitzroy. He was simply the greatest kicker of a ball I have seen in 40 years of watching footy.

When Bernie had the ball anywhere from 60 metres out, the umpires & players started walking back to the middle for the next bounce down.

Next in line would be the Macedonian Marvel....Daics was an awesome kicker of the footy too. So accurate!

Modra & Ablett Snr were also great kicks for goal too.

For those old enough to remember, I would place my life in the hands of 1 player only.

That is Bernie Quinlan from Footscray/Fitzroy. He was simply the greatest kicker of a ball I have seen in 40 years of watching footy.

When Bernie had the ball anywhere from 60 metres out, the umpires & players started walking back to the middle for the next bounce down.

Next in line would be the Macedonian Marvel....Daics was an awesome kicker of the footy too. So accurate!

Modra & Ablett Snr were also great kicks for goal too.
Yep, Quinlan and Daicos probably the best in the 80's until Plugger came along (69% accuracy). Actually Quinlan was known for the 'ballburster', but his accuracy was not as good as you might think (817 goals, 612 behinds).

Mark Jackson, Matthew Lloyd and Peter Hudson were all in the 68% range.

Best I saw from Richmond would be Michael Roach, who kicked something like 600 goals 300 behinds.

Of today's players, I'd take Jack Ziebell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you want taking a set shot for your life?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back