Who do you want to see in this year's Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously biased so a Hawks anyone final gets my vote but in particular Hawks v Geelong obviously and Hawks v Pies would be good games.

If the Hawks aren't to make it then I would like to see a Dog's v Saints game as it would be the ultimate clash in styles and give some very long time suffering supporters a chance to see a flag in their lifetime.

I've always liked the idea of an Adelaide-Collingwood GF. Both rich clubs, plus Magpies vs Crows is poetic.

But this year, as unglamourous as it sounds, a Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs GF would either end the longest current drought and give a maiden flag. I dont want St Kilda to make it unless they win it.
Geelong vs Hawthorn would be great, but if thats the case, Geelong can win again to make up for 2008. Geelong vs Collingwood or St Kilda would also be massive.

Optimistically, I'd like to see us beat Collingwood by 1 pt. And I think a lot of Vics would take some pleasure in that. Might be wrong on that, but imagine the highly unlikely scenario of Collingwood losing a grand final ... to Fremantle?

Realistically, I'd like to see the Bulldogs beat Collingwood by 1 pt, and Barry Hall to let loose and take out Maxwell, O'Brien and anyone else who stands in his way.

it's too early to tell you will make it to the Grand Final this year, but it will almost definitely be a cracker match-up (as long as Freo doesn't make it).

Why's that? If we made it that far it would mean we would have knocked off a few very good teams on the way so we'd obviously be in cracking form.

Why's that? If we made it that far it would mean we would have knocked off a few very good teams on the way so we'd obviously be in cracking form.
i mean cracker match-up as in attendence, two big clubs and/or an old victorian club that has struggled for a long time. Don't get me wrong, i would like to see Fremantle in the GF, but it would be more, (for lack of a better word)epic if it was two victorian clubs.

Hawks v Cats would be good.
Cats v Pies also good.
Bulldogs v Cats again good

St Kilda v anyone= bad.

Hawks v Cats would be good but recent history has shown the other two games would be a walkover for the Cats.

Not sure why you'd prefer to watch that than a genuine contest between the Saints and Cats. Our recent games have been classic encounters that have gone down to the wire.

Hawks v Cats would be good but recent history has shown the other two games would be a walkover for the Cats.

Not sure why you'd prefer to watch that than a genuine contest between the Saints and Cats. Our recent games have been classic encounters that have gone down to the wire.

Really? We've barely won our matches against Hawthorn since the '08. If we play Hawthorn in this year's Grand Final and the trend holds, then Hawthorn (as the loser of the latest H&A match) would be victors in September. Although, I would love the chance to beat Hawthorn in the finals.

If Geelong doesn't make the Grand Final, then I'd love to see Dogs v St Kilda/Pies.

I've always liked the idea of an Adelaide-Collingwood GF. Both rich clubs, plus Magpies vs Crows is poetic.

But this year, as unglamourous as it sounds, a Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs GF would either end the longest current drought and give a maiden flag. I dont want St Kilda to make it unless they win it.
Geelong vs Hawthorn would be great, but if thats the case, Geelong can win again to make up for 2008. Geelong vs Collingwood or St Kilda would also be massive.

Probably pretty obvious but this! :thumbsu:

but... but....

St Kilda plays boring football!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAHA. Nice.

I wouldn't mind a Freo vs Pies either.

Take that in a heartbeat!

So would we - can't think of a better way to guarantee a first flag than playing the colliwobbles in the our first GF. Freo - Pies and the wobbles getting belted by 120 points would probably be the dream game for me.

More realistically, a Geelong - Saints rematch or a Geelong - Hawks rematch would both be awesome games of football. I don't think I could stomach the Hawks winning another one though: they have some of the worst flogs in BF and another flag would send them into a complete flog frenzy. 2011 would be intolerable. Can't say I'm overly fond of the Saints either so, I guess I am hoping for a Geelong Dynasty if Freo can't finish the fairy tale.

Don't really want Collingwood to win another flag - ever.

Really? We've barely won our matches against Hawthorn since the '08. If we play Hawthorn in this year's Grand Final and the trend holds, then Hawthorn (as the loser of the latest H&A match) would be victors in September. Although, I would love the chance to beat Hawthorn in the finals.

If Geelong doesn't make the Grand Final, then I'd love to see Dogs v St Kilda/Pies.

Well I just said Geelong v Hawks would be a good game to watch. Wouldn't be that bothered who won it.

Obviously I want to see St Kilda make the GF again, don't care who our opponent is as long as we win. Beating Geelong after last year would be pretty sweet though, as would beating Collingwood just because they are Collingwood.

hate to admit this but collingwood, actually want them to win it this year to get one in before richmond become real contenders.

Definitely don't want St Kilda in the grand final. They play a brand of footy that makes you want to scratch your eyes out.

One thing I'd really want to see though is someone kick a massive bag of goals in the GF. 6-8 goals from a Riewoldt, Podsiadly, Franklin etc. We've seen some extremely close and tight grand finals lately but I feel like a massive forward performance is the one thing that hasn't happened for too long.

Any two Victorians sides going at it again. The grand final was unreal last year where you were either a St Kilda supporter or Geelong supporter. Atmosphere was unreal.

You often find that when an interstate team is involved, alot of neutrals attend.

So would we - can't think of a better way to guarantee a first flag than playing the colliwobbles in the our first GF. Freo - Pies and the wobbles getting belted by 120 points would probably be the dream game for me.

Don't really want Collingwood to win another flag - ever.

Baby steps first, big mouth.
Winning a second final in your "illustrious" history would be a great place to start :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you want to see in this year's Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back