Who do you want to win the premiership the most and least?

Who do you most want to win the flag in 2024?

• Sydney

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • Geelong

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • GWS

Votes: 86 23.2%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 33 8.9%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 52 14.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 78 21.1%
  • Carlton

Votes: 21 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Because it’s fun. It’s a faux emotional outlet. It’s a COMPETITION
Eh…

I personally find AFL footy more enjoyable to watch when I respect the opposition clubs & opposition players.

I just don’t see the point in hating. But I realise I’m probably in the minority.

Each to their own.

Going to ruffle a few feathers, or collars, I had GWS as a smokey for the flag this year.

So aside from the Dogs @ first it would then be

GWS
Port
Brions
Hawks
Swans
Blues
Cats

Bulldogs

PA
BL

Haw
Geelong
Sydney

GWS
Carlton

Look I like the Hawks as their own team but some of the supporters coming out of nowhere after not hearing a peep for a half a decade is insufferable at times.
Like how do you actually work that out? Do you go back through every Hawks BF histories to see how active they’ve been, or are you talking about crowd attendance? Do you not think that every club has bandwagoners?

Port
GWS
Sydney
---
Carlton
Bulldogs
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Geelong

Really it's the top 3 or nothing though. Couldn't stomach Geelong.
Hawthorn I respect the hell out of them but they've got enough flags.
Can't stand the Brisbane squad, nothing against their organisation.
Carlton and Bulldogs is neither here nor there.
We really don't. Can't we have just a couple more?

9 years is a long time for a Hawks fan. We must be due.

The other 5 clubs

Daylight

Sydney

Sunlight from Alpha Centauri

Geelong
If you guys beat the Bulldogs and we lose to Port, it would set up an epic semi final. As much as I detest your club, I absolutely love the rivalry and kind of miss it.

Some of the best football I've ever witnessed has been played between Geelong and Hawthorn. It started from the first ever game I watched, the '89 Grand Final.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Dogs
  2. Port - love Butters and they’re good to watch when playing well. Added bonus of the Sack Hinkley thread going crazy
  3. GWS - aside from disliking Toby Greene, I wouldn’t care if they won at all
  4. Brisbane - few players I don’t like but they’ve been a good side for some time and I don’t mind Fagan
  5. Sydney - mostly just because I don’t like Longmire
  6. Hawthorn - would rather see them have a few more years rebuilding, rather than the same clubs winning flags again
  7. Geelong - see above
  8. Carlton - see above but then add in a disclaimer where I’d like to see Essendon and Carlton continue to suffer

If the Pies aren't playing in the GF, I find it easy to switch of the emotion and just enjoy the game for what it is. I will half support a team but just love the whole day becauase a group of mates have been having a BBQ/piss up for over 20 years now.

The most:
GWS because there's no emotion with them.
Port because of the Hinkley story. Some of their supporters are still saying he's the worst coach ever!
The Hawks because my Mum supports them and it'll make her happy

The Least
The blues obviously. One of my best mates supports them so I'll be happy for him, and it's always nice for a supporter group to end a drought, but I find blues supporters pretty obnoxious.

Bulldogs

PA
BL

Haw
Geelong
Sydney

GWS
Carlton

Look I like the Hawks as their own team but some of the supporters coming out of nowhere after not hearing a peep for a half a decade is insufferable at times.
You filled the MCG on Grand Final Day in 2016. The previous 50 years you were averaging 15k. Every team has bandwagoners during success

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you want to win the premiership the most and least?

Back