Opinion Who is the best young gun... Daicos, Green, Gulden, Rowell or Walsh?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think i currently have Sheez, Daicos and Gulden all clear of the other names mentioned but the gap isn't huge by any means. Walsh for example could very easily force his name alongside those guys with a strong September.
Walsh would take a hit with a sledgehammer if required in the moment.

Nicky would back away and pretend it’s not his ball..waiting for a handpass.

Last edited:
Daicos is quite easily the objectively correct answer, the best start to a career weve ever seen. Sheezels is putting together an exceptional season himself and would probably be getting more plaudits if he played for the pies/blues etc. but the eye test would still have me picking daicos, his run and carry and the way he takes on the game has been brilliant to watch for such a young player. does get a bit of a ride from the umps though ill pay that.

Daicos
Sheez
Gulden
Serong
Walsh
You’ve never played footy yourself…I’m bettin.

Gulden is everything you want in an ideal centreman/winger who is young. Super young.

He hasn’t got the weight and upper torso strength and legs of steel yet…but he can run all day like a gazelle without blowing hard and getting zapped ..and is always attacking the football and delivers by foot with power and precision.

Nicky ..by contrast…avoids all contact and believes his value is in receiving and distributing the ball as quickly as he can before he gets hit.

I’d take 5 Guldens over 5 Nickys..any day of the week.
Too bad you got neither, and got McGrath instead.

Who slipped Rowell into this thread? Glorified James Worpel, who is a solid player himself, but no star

Extremely predictable that those deriding Nick Daicos for being a soft wannabe inside mid that can't win a hard ball go on to laude Errol Gulden for all his strengths that are supposedly weaknesses of Daicos. Errol also has two midfielders beside him that command more attention.

The standings are
1. Nick Daicos
2. Gulden/Walsh
4. Green
5. Rowell

Extremely predictable that those deriding Nick Daicos for being a soft wannabe inside mid that can't win a hard ball go on to laude Errol Gulden for all his strengths that are supposedly weaknesses of Daicos. Errol also has two midfielders beside him that command more attention.

The standings are
1. Nick Daicos
2. Gulden/Walsh
4. Green
5. Rowell
Oh yes ..that’s right…Nicky has no support and has to do it all.

Such a warrior. A Spartan. A Gladiator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any player can be a cog in the end result of a final.

The hardnut mids and tall marking backman are the ones who get you over the line in a close one.
I’m really glad you feel that way. So Nick Daicos must be a clear #1 given his ball winning and elite use in close packs during the last 5 minutes of the grand final?

Has this already been posted?

“Sheezel has maintained his place as the League's No.1 ranked player for Champion Data's relative rating (rating compared to other players in their age and position). He rates 117 per cent above expectation of a 19-year-old in his role, putting him well ahead of the next best under the statistic: Izak Rankine (99 per cent), Max Homes (86 per cent), Errol Gulden (71 per cent) and Jack Sinclair (68 per cent).

Should he hold at that level for the remainder of the season, he will also reach unchartered territory. No player in the history of the relative ratings (since 2010) has rated more than 100 per cent better than their age and role before”

Any player can be a cog in the end result of a final.

The hardnut mids and tall marking backman are the ones who get you over the line in a close one.
Highly skilled players even more so. Did you not see Naicos, De Goey and Pendlebury literally take over the last quarter of the grand final and deliver the premiership ?
I mean i get you don't like Collingwood but now your just being ridiculous.

Do people realise Sam Walsh is 24 years of age

Gulden- 22
Daicos- 21
Sheezel - 19

Walsh is not even in the conversation

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who is the best young gun... Daicos, Green, Gulden, Rowell or Walsh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back