Coach Who should be our next coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
15/8 Board toppled (reportedly will pursue Clarkson)
19/8 Alastair Clarkson to join North
21/8 Ben Rutten sacked
22/8 Coach selection sub-committee to be established to find a replacement
26/8 Committee members announced: Josh Mahoney (GM-Footy, chair), Dorothy Hisgrove (Board member), Andrew Thorburn, Simone McKinnis, Robert Walls, Jordan Lewis
7/9 James Hird, Dean Solomon, Brendon Lade, Adem Yze interviewed at EY
13/9 Daniel Giansiracusa reportedly interviewed
17/9 Don Pyke “not pursuing that at this stage”
21/9 Brad Scott contacted by the club but won’t make a decision on whether to pursue the role until after the Grand Final
21/9 Adem Yze has second interview and tours the training facilities at Tullamarine
22/9 Blake Caracella will put his hat in the ring
27/9 Brendon Lade appointed as assistant coach at the Western Bulldogs, out of the running for Essendon job
28/9 Brad Scott to be interviewed on Thursday
29/9

Last edited:
I still think Cats and Swans got a big advantage being one of the top sides when FA came in. Swans getting Buddy was massive as was Dangerfield and then Cameron going to the Cats. Hawks never got such a big fish and of course lost Buddy along with older players ‘retiring’.

Not just early 90s. Grand Finals in '94 and '95 and 2nd on the ladder in '97 at the end of the H&A.
Yeah early-mid 90s if you want to be precise, and they went out in straight sets in 1997.

I maintain that they were not the club they are now until Brian Cook was appointed as CEO and remade them for the professional era.

Yeah early-mid 90s if you want to be precise, and they went out in straight sets in 1997.

I maintain that they were not the club they are now until Brian Cook was appointed as CEO and remade them for the professional era.

I'm not disagreeing just pointing out they've been consistently competitive on field for a remarkably long time.

As I read things, Scott wants the job if it is given to him.

There is no reason for him to have sat on the fence publicly for this long.

I think he's using Caro to blow up the idea of Hird.

As I listen to Yze it is difficult to imagine him convincing a panel of anything.

As I listen to Yze it is difficult to imagine him convincing a panel of anything.

Caro doesnt need any motivation to go after Hird.

He was waiting for GF to finish.

To state whether he would go for the job?

To what end?
Finish up his duties with the AFL. I’m pretty sure Brad Scott doesn’t give a shit about Hird or gives him a moments thought. Odd take

Finish up his duties with the AFL. I’m pretty sure Brad Scott doesn’t give a s**t about Hird or gives him a moments thought. Odd take

So in this 24 to 48 hours the guy is going to decide whether he wants to coach Essendon?

And people had / have problems with the motivation of Lyon and Hird?

Why does anyone want the guy? He breaks all of the other rules.

He's waiting for something. It has nothing to do with the GF.

Hasnt Gil just negotiated the biggest TV rights deal of all time having announced his retirement from the role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he’s had a chat to the club just saying I’m interested in a chat but let’s chat after the GF because I’m the operations boss. Maybe he hasn’t been offered and is just now willing to throw his hat in the ring. Caro spent yesterday with AFL execs as she stated this morning and maybe they’ve just said yes Brad is going to throw his hat in the ring. Why/how would this be a strategy to “blow up the idea of Hird”?

Maybe he’s had a chat to the club just saying I’m interested in a chat but let’s chat after the GF because I’m the operations boss. Maybe he hasn’t been offered and is just now willing to throw his hat in the ring. Caro spent yesterday with AFL execs as she stated this morning and maybe they’ve just said yes Brad is going to throw his hat in the ring. Why/how would this be a strategy to “blow up the idea of Hird”?

He's competition.

I think we can accept Caro is doing PR for Scott in a similar way to what Whatley was doing for Clarkson.

On everything I've read and heard, from Csro, it's not just that Essendon wants Brad it was also the lack of experience line about Hird.

How and why she would get that information from anyone who would know is far from obvious to me.

I still think Cats and Swans got a big advantage being one of the top sides when FA came in. Swans getting Buddy was massive as was Dangerfield and then Cameron going to the Cats. Hawks never got such a big fish and of course lost Buddy along with older players ‘retiring’.
Cameron cost them 3 first round picks. Not a FA. :cool:

He's competition.

I think we can accept Caro is doing PR for Scott in a similar way to what Whatley was doing for Clarkson.

On everything I've read and heard, from Csro, it's not just that Essendon wants Brad it was also the lack of experience line about Hird.

How and why she would get that information from anyone who would know is far from obvious to me.

Leaky boat continues to leak?

To be fair. You and I don’t know anything lol

He very may well have said to them (privately) that I’m interested but will only chat/go through process after I finish up my duties as AFL boss. Just because it’s not stated (publicly) doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened privately. Unless your a ITK we don’t know anything.
The fact he hasn’t ruled it out and how hard Caro and others push it leads me to believe he’s interested cause he could easily knocked it on the head otherwise.

Just let the process play out, I’m sure we will hear more tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back