Coach Who should be our next coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
15/8 Board toppled (reportedly will pursue Clarkson)
19/8 Alastair Clarkson to join North
21/8 Ben Rutten sacked
22/8 Coach selection sub-committee to be established to find a replacement
26/8 Committee members announced: Josh Mahoney (GM-Footy, chair), Dorothy Hisgrove (Board member), Andrew Thorburn, Simone McKinnis, Robert Walls, Jordan Lewis
7/9 James Hird, Dean Solomon, Brendon Lade, Adem Yze interviewed at EY
13/9 Daniel Giansiracusa reportedly interviewed
17/9 Don Pyke “not pursuing that at this stage”
21/9 Brad Scott contacted by the club but won’t make a decision on whether to pursue the role until after the Grand Final
21/9 Adem Yze has second interview and tours the training facilities at Tullamarine
22/9 Blake Caracella will put his hat in the ring
27/9 Brendon Lade appointed as assistant coach at the Western Bulldogs, out of the running for Essendon job
28/9 Brad Scott to be interviewed on Thursday
29/9

Last edited:
It's a hypothetical.

Would you rather get kicked in the balls by Megan Fox or kissed on the mouth by Donald Trump?

These hypothetical games are common amongst other far fetched hypothetical questions posed on this forum without people having an issue answering them.
Pucker up Trump!

Would I hire guy who stopped being relevant 20 years ago? A guy who derided the modern tactical innovations as 'basketball crap' as his team collapsed into a bottom 8 team with no midfield?

Next.
Would you consider Sheedy if he had done basketball crap as a successful assistant at another team for the last few years, and then put his hand up?

Okay, make him 60 then.
R.8207952539da892be9f669a48656d598

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* it, lets just bring back Hird. Is it the best call? Probably not. Will it be incredibly entertaining to watch unfold? *en oath it will be.

I’m not as enthusiastic but I am very much indifferent to whether it happens or it doesn’t.

At this point my relationship with EFC is little more than a viewer of a circus / soap opera. I don’t expect or need success and I don’t have the slightest expectation that we’ll have it. Part of that is me, part of it is the club. I know they’re not capable of it.

So if this happens, meh, I’ll just keep watching.

Rob Harvey is interesting
Would think he'd have the experience now.

Collingwood system has both produced longmuir and had mcrae step in and go from 17th to a prelim, and he spent a good part of his coaching career there. Also spent 2 years working with Lyon during the saints best years in decades.

Has done the head coach thing as caretaker including half a season with the pies last year.

Seems there's a few more people who might be interested

Nice. I’ve mentioned Johnson recently as an Assistant Coach to look at. By reports he’s very clever tactically and loves coaching in general.

“Steve had been considering a move back to Melbourne for some time, which he’s now pursuing and so we wish Steve, Erin, Archie, Maggie and Annie all the best for the future.”

Nice. I’ve mentioned Johnson recently as an Assistant Coach to look at. By reports he’s very clever tactically and loves coaching in general.

“Steve had been considering a move back to Melbourne for some time, which he’s now pursuing and so we wish Steve, Erin, Archie, Maggie and Annie all the best for the future.”
Rutten->Yze/Harvey
Cara -> SJ (forwards)
Gia (mids)
Tudor -> Choco (development)
Tapping (Stoppages)
Stanton -> Roberts (VFL)
Roberts -> Betts (development)
& hire a defence coach

To be honest, I don't really have an opinion on our next coach. I don't even have an opinion on the selection committee or the process. Basically I don't know enough of the details. However, I will wholeheartedly support whoever is selected as coach and the people who make that decision.
IF PEOPLE FAIL TO DO LIKEWISE WE ARE DESTINED TO FAIL AGAIN.
Sorry for yelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back