Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the Blues don't win the flag then I don't care and just for clarity, although I still remain hopeful that we can win it all I have no faith that this will happen due to the large chasm between our best and worst.

AFL.com.au's Brownlow Predictor after R18​

25 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
23 Lachie Neale (Brisbane)
22 Nick Daicos (Collingwood)
22 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)*
20 Errol Gulden (Sydney)
20 Chad Warner (Sydney)
19 Zach Merrett (Essendon)
18 Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)

*Ineligible due to suspension

Sportsbet Brownlow odds​

$3.75 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
$5.50 Nick Daicos (Collingwood)
$6 Lachie Neale (Brisbane)
$6 Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
$6 Zach Merrett (Essendon)
$15 Errol Gulden (Sydney)
$18 Caleb Serong (Fremantle)

Sportsbet Brownlow odds​

$3.75 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
$5.50 Nick Daicos (Collingwood)
$6 Lachie Neale (Brisbane)
$6 Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
$6 Zach Merrett (Essendon)
$15 Errol Gulden (Sydney)
$18 Caleb Serong (Fremantle)
What are these betting odds to which you refer?

JustaBattler doesn't like thus.

What are these betting odds to which you refer?

JustaBattler doesn't like thus.
I rate 3 out of the first 4 players as potential worthy winners - teh 'odds' are neither here nor there to me - all good fun though.

I rate 3 out of the first 4 players as potential worthy winners - teh 'odds' are neither here nor there to me - all good fun though.
'Neither here nor there for you'?

You've been ridiculously brutal on the verge of hysterical when I've ever referenced them to indicate likelihood of events....

It's a different story when your Carlton brethren use them.

Interesting.

'Neither here nor there for you'?

You've been ridiculously brutal on the verge of hysterical when I've ever referenced them to indicate likelihood of events....

It's a different story when your Carlton brethren use them.

Interesting.
leaving aside your comical and unfortunately inaccurate depiction of my schooling you - I have made it clear above that I'm totally indifferent to the posted table of odds regarding brownlow votes to date and silly dollar odd bet suggestions - ie to make it even clearer I could not care less about the betting odds - clearly you do take these gambling things seriously - which is fine as I have no issue with people being mug punters - like you are

as for people who post betting odds re the brownlow in this thread - clearly it is banter directed at your kidGOAT hypothesis - just as my aside added - for clarity I only rate 3 out of 4 of teh top 4 supposed 'favourites' as 'worthy' candidates ...you know who I wouldn't include - and just as a hint- their name ends with ."...cos"

cheers
JaB

leaving aside your comical and unfortunately inaccurate depiction of my schooling you - I have made it clear above that I'm totally indifferent to the posted table of odds regarding brownlow votes to date and silly dollar odd bet suggestions - ie to make it even clearer I could not care less about the betting odds - clearly you do take these gambling things seriously - which is fine as I have no issue with people being mug punters - like you are

as for people who post betting odds re the brownlow in this thread - clearly it is banter directed at your kidGOAT hypothesis - just as my aside added - for clarity I only rate 3 out of 4 of teh top 4 supposed 'favourites' as 'worthy' candidates ...you know who I wouldn't include - and just as a hint- their name ends with ."...cos"

cheers
JaB
giphy.gif

I think you missed the point of the post you were replying to.
Not really mate i realise he's referring to Sydney being the only side above us on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheers
JaB
The pain is real with this one.
Nick cut you deep huh??

Was it when he left little Sammy flat footed and broke your little heart?
Or is it just the fact that at 21yo, he is better than all but one of your entire list :thumbsupv1:.

Collingwood has won 4 games and drawn 2 against sides above it on the ladder. Carlton has lost every game against sides above it on the ladder. The traditional AFL ladder is deceptive, in fact the higher a team sits, the less games against teams above them they tend to have played. E.g. Sydney hasn't even played any side above it yet and on the flip side, Richmond has only played sides above it.

We need a new ladder, and a new 'who will be better' thread, as the current versions of both have been proven compromised beyond any doubt.

Helena Bonham Carter Reaction GIF

Oh, I knew who you were referring to.

Tall Poppy Syndrome, jealousy and all that.

Clutching at straws or should I say straw kids much?

KidGOAT fred is ---------------------->

12th position on ladder is closer to 16th - than 2nd- abacus skills need revisiting.

We gave away a high first round draft pick, paid for multiple players to play for other teams and won a flag. you have multiple high draft picks and are struggling to win at the moment, seems like the jokes on you!
Collingwood lucked into a flag on the back of father/son selections. Same as Geelong. Pies haven't been particularly good with draft selections outside of that quartet.

Let me get this straight…

‘We have multiple high draft picks & struggling to win at the moment’ 🤔

Las time I checked the ladder, we are 2nd & Collingwood are 12th.

Who is the joke on now 😂
Owen 2 from your last two games.

But Carlton will be OK in the short term, as they have their 4th game of the season against a bottom 2 team (teams that have won 4 games between them) on the weekend, to continue to falsify their ladder position.

Good thing we have a finals series where the pretenders get found out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back