Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owen 2 from your last two games.

But Carlton will be OK in the short term, as they have their 4th game of the season against a bottom 2 team
Hardest draw in the comp so far based on opposition ladder positions at the start the Round the game was played...

I'm not going to waste my time highlighting the flaws with this 'analysis' again.
There are flaws with every sort of analysis relating to fixture difficulty - but this is far better than solely focusing on 4/23 games...

Our recruiting team is next level, much smarter than yours.

No No No GIF

there is no more over rated thing in football than high draft picks. You want to go that route it will take you 30 years to get a premiership.
I'm sure you'll be saying that in a few years when the top 10 pick Freo take ends up being a gun and Schultz is still running around like a fat plodder and your team is down in the doldrums 😂

Owen 2 from your last two games.

But Carlton will be OK in the short term, as they have their 4th game of the season against a bottom 2 team (teams that have won 4 games between them) on the weekend, to continue to falsify their ladder position.

Good thing we have a finals series where the pretenders get found out...
Must burn you up - knowing people were calling Collingwood NOT to make finals after (Bradburying with umpire assisted wins) a faux flag.

that is the very definition of 'pretenders'...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood lucked into a flag on the back of father/son selections. Same as Geelong. Pies haven't been particularly good with draft selections outside of that quartet.
Geelong got Hawkins cheap, that's about it. He was essential to the '11 and '22 premiership sides, not so much the '07 and '09 ones.

Ablett and Scarlett weren't rated that highly. Second and fourth round.

They're not even pretending this year.

Unless you're trying to pretend to be a 9th-12th placed side?
They're 12th. Its not sugar coating , it's not pretend, its real. They are in contention for pick number 7. Oh wait.....

And given they have NO draft collateral, trying to trade into the 1st round seems highly unlikely

They're 12th. Its not sugar coating , it's not pretend, its real. They are in contention for pick number 7. Oh wait.....

And given they have NO draft collateral, trying to trade into the 1st round seems highly unlikely
Carlton supporters... the experts in maximising draft collateral (and continuing to be mediocre despite the quantities of high draft picks).

It's cute.

Our recruiting team is next level, much smarter than yours.
Our recruiting team is borderline f**king embarrassing.
Some of the pick swaps and trading over the past few years has been very poor.

As our team nailed it last year and everything came up roses, the picks leading up to that and plugging holes and filling needs was brilliant.

Unfortunately, that was the outlier and not the norm.

Nick is brilliant, no doubting that and will be one of the very best in the league for many years to come.
He wasn't exactly hiding under a rock though was he?

After him who do we have??
The cupboard is bare.

I am glad and I am extremely grateful of our premiership last year because without that, then this thread would have ended 30 pages ago and had nothing but tumbleweeds and crickets now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back