Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So anyway, we’re all still thinking that the Swans are better than both of these two sides, right?

…right??

Episode 2 Goodbye GIF by The Office

Thoughts on Voss' coaching last night? I didn't get to see many of the moves and tactics.
Could've done better but it's not Voss missing shots on goal or making dumb decisions by foot.

I've said this for years, but the players need a good sports psychologist. It's all in the head. They just need to believe, they've got the capacity to do better but poor tactical planning or not, a lot of our players are simply just too timid.

I would consider missing your entire first choice HB line as decimated, and turned out to be the difference between the two respective matches vs Geelong.
Many sides cope with much worse than missing a couple of B graders off the half back line. The 5 A graders in key positions and in midfield were all available.

Docherty on a 3rd ACL is a non factor this season and potentially full stop, until proven otherwise. It's time to accept that.

Saad and Gov made a difference but most importantly other players stepped up and Voss made some good changes. Form hasn't dipped recently due to them being back out of the side.

I returned after a thread ban because a few sensitive types mashed the "report" button last time. Which will surely happen again today.
Maybe it was just a mod doing their job, I've never been thread banned or banned at all so must be the way you go about it.

Maybe it was just a mod doing their job, I've never been thread banned or banned at all so must be the way you go about it.
Okay. My theory is that if you maintain your composure it won't happen again this time. So we'll see whether you can control yourself, or instead fly off the handle demanding people to leave.

Could've done better but it's not Voss missing shots on goal or making dumb decisions by foot.

I've said this for years, but the players need a good sports psychologist. It's all in the head. They just need to believe, they've got the capacity to do better but poor tactical planning or not, a lot of our players are simply just too timid.
It's simpler than that. You have 2 gun forwards but unfortunately, during big games, you are too predictable. Kick it to those two all the time when the pressure is on

You have described the job of a coach…

We wanted to expose the Saints to two GF's without winning any just to square up the charity we afforded them in 1966. We never forget!
Oh when it comes to grand finals, St Kilda have not been the only club you've been generous to.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't start another victim complex thing where you beg me to criticise Pies supporters. If they whinge at me I will reply in turn.
Nah mate I'm done with you today, i don't care if you have a go at Carlton but don't play the man.

Many sides cope with much worse than missing a couple of B graders off the half back line. The 5 A graders in key positions and in midfield were all available.

Docherty on a 3rd ACL is a non factor this season and potentially full stop, until proven otherwise. It's time to accept that.

Saad and Gov made a difference but most importantly other players stepped up and Voss made some good changes. Form hasn't dipped recently due to them being back out of the side.
Like who? There aren't many teams who miss an entire line in an area where there's little depth.

Doch is a leader though, if you make the argument that he can't play as well as he has in the past though, you can't overlook his leadership. As you saw last year during the finals, it was immense, and sadly it is lacking.

Despite Gov missing "that" shot, we would've lost by 5 goals if he didn't play.

It's simpler than that. You have 2 gun forwards but unfortunately, during big games, you are too predictable. Kick it to those two all the time when the pressure is on
I get why people think this but Carlton are the number 1 team in the competition in 2024 for goals per inside 50 and scoring shots per inside 50. So it has been effective - we just need to get it in there more (9th in i50s) and also get more delay on the ball going the other way.

Edit: and good to see you back manicpie

Okay. My theory is that if you maintain your composure it won't happen again this time. So we'll see whether you can control yourself, or instead fly off the handle demanding people to leave.
I'll be good as Pies never won the game Blues lost it.

I get why people think this but Carlton are the number 1 team in the competition in 2024 for goals per inside 50 and scoring shots per inside 50. So it has been effective - we just need to get it in there more (9th in i50s) and also get more delay on the ball going the other way.
You just need to lower the eyes when the pressure is on

Interesting. You guys already have Andrew Russell and he's a proven to be able to get players up and run the legs off opponents.

Dunno who your sports physch is..

But Timid? What does that actually mean?

Like who? There aren't many teams who miss an entire line in an area where there's little depth.

Doch is a leader though, if you make the argument that he can't play as well as he has in the past though, you can't overlook his leadership. As you saw last year during the finals, it was immense, and sadly it is lacking.

Despite Gov missing "that" shot, we would've lost by 5 goals if he didn't play.
Doch has been one of my favourite Blues of recent years, so I'm not injury trolling at all. A 3rd ACL is just ridiculously tough to come back from (we had a player who went through it), let alone in your 30s. He'd be in the Nathan Murphy camp barring a miracle. So yes, like Murphy for the Pies the loss of Doch can be pointed too. But only in the same sense as Geelong losing Selwood to retirement. Which is different to "wait until he's back".

I'm not for a second discounting Gov and Saad's influence. But a lot of clubs miss a couple of important players from one area of the field through seasons.

So anyway, we’re all still thinking that the Swans are better than both of these two sides, right?

…right??

Episode 2 Goodbye GIF by The Office
I love it, been a great season and the next 3 weeks will be hand on the heart stuff.

So what is it then, a coaching directive or players with low footy IQ? We've seen instances in the past where they lower their eyes and not bomb it exclusively to them and lo and behold, they play better with several individual goalkickers.

I think it's a more a mental thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back