Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just shows you how disciplined he is, everyone knows that Guinness is a health drink.
It has to be poured and drunk correctly. My Irish ancestors are howling like italians those "pineapple on pizza" reaction videos.

james gandolfini GIF

Got no interest in trawling through your post history Fadge. Your incessant denigration of Carlton players has been going on long enough for everyone to know how you operate.

Without even looking I can just picture a post history filled with...

'Another individual award for .... '

'How many finals has he played in again?'

'Captain look at me'

'Free kick Curnow'

It's the same lines on repeat every year. You're the worst excuse for a troll in history
Yep.

I can see how 'Free kick Curnow' is extremely insulting to Cripps...

And I've NEVER used the statement 'Captain look at me'.

So instead of trawling through to find evidence of your baseless claims, you're content to just make shite up.

Consistent with your posting history.

Yep.

I can see how 'Free kick Curnow' is extremely insulting to Cripps...

And I've NEVER used the statement 'Captain look at me'.

So instead of trawling through to find evidence of your baseless claims, you're content to just make shite up.

Consistent with your posting history.
Ironic coming from the poster who came up with...
'We've been reliably informed all afternoon that you don't want either Levi or Finn' only yesterday

You belittle and downplay Carlton players more than anyone on this site. It's okay to admit that Fudgey... We just want you to stop pretending ur not a troll!

Ironic coming from the poster who came up with...
'We've been reliably informed all afternoon that you don't want either Levi or Finn' only yesterday

You belittle and downplay Carlton players more than anyone on this site. It's okay to admit that Fudgey... We just want you to stop pretending ur not a troll!
Oh yes.

Yet another comment that illustrates my constant belittling of Cripps.

I suspect you've done a search and realised 'oops, he's been nothing but positive about Cripps throughout his career, but I'm not man enough to admit it, so instead I'll relate comments about Curnow and the upcoming draft to illustrate his constant bagging of Cripps...'

Last edited:
Oh yes.

Yet another comment that illustrates my constant belittling of Cripps.

I suspect you've done a search and realised 'oops, he's been nothing but positive about Cripps throughout his career, but I'm not man enough to admit it, so instead I'll relate comments about Curnow and the upcoming draft to display his constant bagging of Cripps...'
'I never post negative about Cripps'

You forgot 0 times premiership players Cripps, Weitering, Walsh and Curnow (but they have plenty of individual awards).
'Cripps level of impact' - the guy who played his first finals of his decade long career in 2023, and had 13 disposals in a losing Preliminary Final?

Yep, that's some legacy he's building...
Cripps would be a similar example if you're trying to suggest you don't have to be a superstar to win a Brownlow.
Who's good at video editing?

I have a request for Cripps's dives in the ruck and marking contests, followed by Walsh's helicopter forward 50 entry with 2 minutes to go.

Glorious.
Reckon I've seen Cripps dive for about 3 free kicks in ruck contests and marking contests tonight.

Thoughts, Blues supporters?
Shittonet has the option to palm it down to the likes of Walsh and Cripps, it's just as effective smacking it on his boot 40 metres towards the goal and hope for the best.
Depends what your idea of 'Most Valuable Player' is.

Cripps won it in a year when Carlton won what 3 or 4 games.

In a competition where playing finals and winning premierships is the ultimate goal, one would question exactly how 'valuable' he was that year.
How many throws I mean handballs has Cripps had today?
So he's played in one more winning final in just one year of AFL than Cripps has in his 8? years?

I must have missed the 'facts' you've been posting...

Because here are the 'facts' as I understand them:
1. Houston met with Voss during the season and there was mutual interest re:Houston playing at Carlton;
2. Carlton were in the box seat to pick up Houston after he confirmed he was no longer interested in playing for Melbourne;
3. Collingwood swooped in and picked him up for around the same trade capital as Carlton had available.
4. There is no superstar at pick 3 (or 4) who will be a game changer in the short term.
5. Carlton's best players are in their prime right now, yet they're still a fair way off the better teams in the competition. If they want to contend for premierships, they need to improve their list immediately. Not plateau or go backwards as it appears they have done going into 2025.

So, how did Houston land at Collingwood again?
This is where you fall down.

We didn't want to overpay for a player at a position we have endless depth in: Saad, Newman, Cincotta, Docherty, Williams, Boyd... we'll take a superstar kid like FOS, Lalor, Smith or Draper and smash the Pies in the middle next season.

Houston will be doing a lot of defending at the Pies.

Just admit you're a troll Fudgenator and we can all move on knowing what we all already knew
Yep, most of those comments are more about Carlton than Cripps.

And are you suggesting Cripps doesn't tend to throw the ball a lot when 'handballing', or on that particular night he didn't 'dive' in the ruck contests'?

I challenged you to share derogatory comments about Cripps that equate to 0.00005% of your derogatory comments about Daicos.

I reckon you got to 0.0000003%

Yep, most of those comments are more about Carlton than Cripps.

And are you suggesting Cripps doesn't tend to throw the ball a lot when 'handballing', or on that particular night he didn't 'dive' in the ruck contests
'?

I challenged you to share derogatory comments about Cripps that equate to 0.00005% of your derogatory comments about Daicos.

I reckon you got to 0.0000003%
OO another one!

Come on Pistol you can't honestly believe that... Fadge has practically made it his mission in life to remind every person on Bigfooty that Cripps will never see success because he only plays for individual awards... He's hung more shit on him than the whole Nicky thread combined.

Ironically his favourite golden boy had his own teammates deliberately feeding him the ball non stop to try win him the Brownlow in a meaningless game to end the season.
Really? WalshistheGOAT

You have been really embarrassing in the Daicos thread, almost obsessive.

Not many bag Cripps , many bag Nick and you are the main culprit.

I don't think they're worried about the longer term, they have to replace a lot of players in the next few yeaes and they won't be able to get it done without any collateral.
I think it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise that we will be targeting FAs with wads of cash, most of those 30 + yr olds are still on good coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? WalshistheGOAT

You have been really embarrassing in the Daicos thread, almost obsessive.

Not many bag Cripps , many bag Nick and you are the main culprit.
I've never denied the allegations. Fadge however is an incessant Carlton & Cripps basher and likes to pretend he's some sort of reasonable poster who doesn't have a bad word to say about us.

He's a troll in denial.

We didn't want to overpay for a player at a position we have endless depth in: Saad, Newman, Cincotta, Docherty, Williams, Boyd... we'll take a superstar kid like FOS, Lalor, Smith or Draper and smash the Pies in the middle next season.

Every year we hear this

Of course in round 8 this year, a full strength Carlton midfield dropped the I50 count 63-38 and the game to a Collingwood midfield of Daicos, Pendlebury and Crisp. Our midfield was so thin, we only had McCreery (subbed out due to injury), Sullivan (subbed in on debut) and Lipinski (soft as butter) to rotate besides the aforementioned three.

And then of course we beat you again with the exact same three plus De Goey (played half the game and barely in the middle) and Long (spud).

I've never denied the allegations. Fadge however is an incessant Carlton & Cripps basher and likes to pretend he's some sort of reasonable poster who doesn't have a bad word to say about us.

He's a troll in denial.
Hes just overzealous, trying to save you from a Carlton addiction.

I mean you can stay Carlton if you want. Just know that we would happily accept you and Worm, and all of youse at Collingwood.

We take anyone. There's no pressure, you can be a toff or a battler or an academic or in business or in a union. We take the toothless and the toothy the brainless and the brainy. Failure is no barrier to belonging, but membership is no bar to success.

And we stick together. Side by side.

Hes just overzealous, trying to save you from a Carlton addiction.

I mean you can stay Carlton if you want. Just know that we would happily accept you and Worm, and all of youse at Collingwood.

We take anyone. There's no pressure, you can be a toff or a battler or an academic or in business or in a union. We take the toothless and the toothy the brainless and the brainy. Failure is no barrier to belonging, but membership is no bar to success.

And we stick together. Side by side.
I like my teeth too much to switch. Worked very hard on keeping the pearly whites in good order to throw it all away now

2 of these players are afl level in 2025.

none of them are A graders.

williams is dreadful.

i dont hold much hope for docherty post 30 and coming off another knee injury being afl level in 2025.
Eh I'd disagree but each to their own. Boyd another I think is highly underrated. He's our version of Starcevic as that lockdown small but has some weapons offensively too. Missed the back half of the year but he was more than AFL quality for the part of the season he played.

Played pretty well vs ur mob in the 2023 prelim too from memory, was one of our best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back