Who's got the better chance? Hawks or Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright alright, allow me to research my facts a bit better next time.

Sorry guys.

Seriously just thought with a percentage of only 106 you couldn't have had many (if any) blowouts in your favour.

No, there hasn't been many this year. I put it down to us not having our FF for the entire season, and having to alternate between having one of our best talls (Petrie) either ripping it at FF or standing up down back..That and maturing Edwards, Hale and McIntosh further, which i have to say has come along quite well :)
The wins have come, but there hasn't been many a thumping unfortunately.

Based on what? Gut feel and the memory that North slipped under everyone's radar that year two, with a similar percentage. The similarities between 05 and 07 for the roos to this point is amazing.
Very different seasons.

In 2005, we lost many more quarters than we won, but won (some might say) pinched some close games with come from behind - last term blitzes. Usually the old blokes getting the job done.

In 2007 - we've won far more quarters than we've lost. Spend most of our game time in front. And have injected pace into the side and less reliant on the experienced and usual suspects to get us out of jail.

2 very different seasons.

And back on topic. Results from March to August count for nought in September.

It's all about standing up playing contested pressure footy, momentum, having a bit of luck - especially with injuries.

For both clubs, the best chance of pinching a flag this year is to finish in the coveted 4th spot.

I think we can all agree on that point.

This is not to say that the Hawks aren't a better team compared to the Roos, because in my opinion the Hawks might have that edge. Yet, when it comes to finals, I believe that the Roos will progress futher.

I think it depends on who gets the double chance really.

Most of your argument is that hawks can't withstand finals pressure because we're not used to it/experienced.

Fair argument.

However the Coll v Haw match (yes I know it was about 10 weeks ago) shows the hawks have the capacity to lift intensity to a whole new level. I wouldn't write us off on that front yet.

But put it this way - I'd be much more confident of our chances if all our players had been through a final series already.

Well expect our percentage to rise over 110 this week. If you can flog the dogs by 84, we will double it. If we played carlton and beat them by 82 at half paced, imagine what we will do to the dogs at full pace.

Really?

All the best beating the Dogs by 168 points. You will win by about 6 goals but the proof really lies in the respective percentages of the two sides.

Hawthorn have more fire power and a better midfield than The Kangaroos. The Hawks are a legitimate premiership chance. The Roos are making up the numbers and will be out week one.

Really?

All the best beating the Dogs by 168 points. You will win by about 6 goals but the proof really lies in the respective percentages of the two sides.

Hawthorn have more fire power and a better midfield than The Kangaroos. The Hawks are a legitimate premiership chance. The Roos are making up the numbers and will be out week one.

hahaha at least hawka_fan and Leather Poising are having a genuine debate with honest arguments, this is why a lot of people see Hawks fans on BF as arrogant. Pull your head in, if you think it all lies in looking at percentage you have a lot to learn about finals football.

hahaha at least hawka_fan and Leather Poising are having a genuine debate with honest arguments, this is why a lot of people see Hawks fans on BF as arrogant. Pull your head in, if you think it all lies in looking at percentage you have a lot to learn about finals football.

Pot-kettle?

Have a look at the post that I quoted from a Roos fan before you shoot your keyboard off and call Hawthorn fans arrogant.

Hawthorn have more fire power

How so? There's only 2 behinds splitting the teams over 21 rounds of footy. 2,028 vs 2,026

The Cryptkeeper said:
and a better midfield than The Kangaroos.

Pretty evenly matched IMHO. Plus we have ruckmen. Good ones. You have dwarfs contesting hitouts.

The Cryptkeper said:
The Hawks are a legitimate premiership chance.

No more a chance than us at this stage.

The Cryptkeeper said:
The Roos are making up the numbers and will be out week one.

Not if we finish 4th.

Pot-kettle?

Have a look at the post that I quoted from a Roos fan before you shoot your keyboard off and call Hawthorn fans arrogant.

Saying we will double the 84 point shellacking you gave the dogs is an exaggeration, but if you cannot identify it as that and as a slightly sarcastic one at that, that is your mistake.

Saying we will double the 84 point shellacking you gave the dogs is an exaggeration, but if you cannot identify it as that and as a slightly sarcastic one at that, that is your mistake.

Not the point pal and you know it. You have a crack at my arrogance over a response to another arrogant post put up by a Roos fan which is somewhat hypocritical I would say. And by the way, if you couldn't detect the sarcasm in my initial response then that is, in fact your mistake and a somewhat delicious irony from my perspective..

Not the point pal and you know it. You have a crack at my arrogance over a response to another arrogant post put up by a Roos fan which is somewhat hypocritical I would say. And by the way, if you couldn't detect the sarcasm in my initial response then that is, in fact your mistake and a somewhat delicious irony from my perspective..

Oh because i was labelling your sarcastic comments as arrogant? Afraid not mate, i was labelling the comments you made about the percentage telling the story, the Hawks having much better fire power and a better midfield, and that the Roos are just making up numbers as arrogant. Rightly so as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh believe me, we have more firepower.....

It has already been pointed out to you that there is a 2 point difference between the sides and let me be the first to tell you that a bloke named Thompson has just been publicly declared by his coach to return to footy this year.:thumbsu:

and a better midfield than you guys......

Smalls are about even, we kill you for talls.

It has already been pointed out to you that there is a 2 point difference between the sides and let me be the first to tell you that a bloke named Thompson has just been publicly declared by his coach to return to footy this year.:thumbsu:

Crap on about losing Thompson all you like but you have convenienty overlooked the fact that we have been without our best leading forward in Mark Williams all season. He also happens to kick more goals than Nathan Thompson.

Oh, and do tell me about "killing us for talls." I'd be very interested to know which of these talls you have would get a game at Hawthorn in a forward line that consists of Franklin, Roughead and Boyle.

Your team's balding problem is much more pronounced.

Thompson may or may not help your forward structure.

I've often worried that getting Mark Williams back this season would upset ours, you learn to play without a bloke for most of the season I think it's generally a few weeks before they really find their feet and start influencing games.

It is funny you have slumps when you play teams that like to play contested football and you do not have form slumps when you play teams that do not like contested football.

Amazing coincidence...

Finals is contested football x1000

thats not funny at all.............:(

but yes we do need to over come our little prob, but i,m, thinking that it will all be good come finals...............:D

Crap on about losing Thompson all you like but you have convenienty overlooked the fact that we have been without our best leading forward in Mark Williams all season. He also happens to kick more goals than Nathan Thompson.

Oh, and do tell me about "killing us for talls." I'd be very interested to know which of these talls you have would get a game at Hawthorn in a forward line that consists of Franklin, Roughead and Boyle.

I believe it was the midfield talls who were in question. So if you'd like to ask your fellow Hawk supporters who would take McIntosh if they could it would be greatly appreciated :). Anyone who says they wouldn't is lying.

Really?

It may be better but it's piss weak in getting and playing the hard ball.

Tim Boyle -Name - Aaron Edwards
22 -Career Games -18
Geelong Falcons -Origin -Dandenong Stingrays
January 28, 1984 -Date of Birth -March 2, 1984
23yr 7mth -Age -23yr 5mth
194cm -Height -184cm
96kg -Weight -89kg
17 -2007 Games -14
5.7 -Kicks Per Game -7.9
3.5 -Handballs Per Game -2.6
9.2 -Disposals Per Game -10.4
4.4 -Marks Per Game -6.1
1.8 -Goals Per Game -1.1
1.1 -Behinds Per Game -0.6
1.1 -Tackles Per Game -0.9
0.5 -Hitouts Per Game -0
0.3 -Frees For Per Game -0.6
0.7 -Frees Against Per Game - 0.5

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's got the better chance? Hawks or Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back