Who's got the better chance? Hawks or Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is your talent? All I see are hard-working and disciplined droids. Nothing wrong with that, but I just don't see any big game players there.
Well that says more about you than anything else. Besides, why have you changed your tune? You were up North's arse a few months back sprouting how they're better than people think and have some great talent coming through.

Yep, your team know all about the real stuff.
In the last five finals series, you've made it twice.
On both occasions been bundled out in the first round, by teams that didn't even make the preliminary finals.

We made finals in 05 carrying duds like michael stevens and lance picioane. No wonder we got bundled out. But we were still good enough to win 13 odd games that year. What were you guys doing at that stage?

Thats right. Tanking it up.

Well that says more about you than anything else. Besides, why have you changed your tune? You were up North's arse a few months back sprouting how they're better than people think and have some great talent coming through.

And I was also one of the people who said they will play finals too. But from a Hawks supporters view the amount of rubbish you guys are throwing at us of late, makes it hard to keep that tone... I have bitten my tongue for a few weeks but am taking a swipe at you guys...

Where is your talent?
And please do not mention Petrie in there.

I think McIntosh has a little bit off talent..

Brent Harvey has some too.

Wellsy. Oh wait actually he's just a hard working droid. Cancel that 1.

Jesse Smith?

Scott McMahon?

Matt Riggio? You know who he is?

I guess Thommo, Grant and Corey Jones are just untalented bums who work hard too.

Your a clown.

And I was also one of the people who said they will play finals too. But from a Hawks supporters view the amount of rubbish you guys are throwing at us of late, makes it hard to keep that tone... I have bitten my tongue for a few weeks but am taking a swipe at you guys...

Taking a swipe. Why don't you have a look at who started all these swipe threads and see what team they support. There's a reason people on here can't stand Hawthorn supporters. Personally, I, and most Roos supporters see Hawthorn as irrelevant, and if there weren't slanging threads started by you bitches there would be little banter between the two.

Taking a swipe. Why don't you have a look at who started all these swipe threads and see what team they support. There's a reason people on here can't stand Hawthorn supporters. Personally, I, and most Roos supporters see Hawthorn as irrelevant, and if there weren't slanging threads started by you bitches there would be little banter between the two.

That's why you always weigh into these threads with Whorethorn and Hawphorn and the like hey? Because you see us as irrelevant?

From what I remember, this was all started back with the Norf claims that Hawks tanked to get picks. That's what I remember.
I wouldn't contribute to it as I see you guys as irrelevant, but I have to defend my club when myths are perpetrated about them unfairly.

And Grant Birchall.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We beat the Hawks convincingly a few weeks ago, in their cauldron, obviously we are the better chance. Just because we have had a harder draw than anyone else above us doesn't make us less worthy. ;)

A few big outs that game Mitchell and Buddy to name a few. Round 3 we were both full strength and the hawks got the biscuits that time so clearly the better team ;)

A few big outs that game Mitchell and Buddy to name a few. Round 3 we were both full strength and the hawks got the biscuits that time so clearly the better team ;)

3 losses in a row ----> 6 wins in a row.

Round 18 -20 3 losses in a row -----> 6 wins in a row???? Who Knows?

I think McIntosh has a little bit off talent..

Brent Harvey has some too.

Wellsy. Oh wait actually he's just a hard working droid. Cancel that 1.

Jesse Smith?

Scott McMahon?

Matt Riggio? You know who he is?

I guess Thommo, Grant and Corey Jones are just untalented bums who work hard too.

Your a clown.

Very ordinary list of players up there when considering you are comparing it to the likes of Franklin, Roughead, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Thorp etc...

That's why you always weigh into these threads with Whorethorn and Hawphorn and the like hey? Because you see us as irrelevant?

From what I remember, this was all started back with the Norf claims that Hawks tanked to get picks. That's what I remember.
I wouldn't contribute to it as I see you guys as irrelevant, but I have to defend my club when myths are perpetrated about them unfairly.
Really? You mean like most of us do? Not very bright are you?
And Grant Birchall.:thumbsu:
What about him? HBF isn't he?

Very ordinary list of players up there when considering you are comparing it to the likes of Franklin, Roughead, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Thorp etc...

Now you are just being dumb.
This seems to be the common theme with Hawks supporters, thinking all your players are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than those of a team that has the same amount of wins and has split the head to heads.

Boomer has been better than Hodge
Mitchell has been better than Harris

Similiar sized gaps in these players performances

Simpson and Lewis would be on a par

Hard to compare out of positon, but the gap between your best forward in Franklin and our best Forward in Petrie, is no where near as large as the gap between your best ruckman in Campbell and our best ruckman in McIntosh.

Wells and Crawford are having similiar impact.

Birchall gets more of it than Smith but Smith is better.

Pratt and Brown have both had pretty outstanding years and are hard to split.

Roughhead has been much better than Leigh Brown (but in the theme of this
thread if Thompson comes in we have a much bigger weapon to go far)

Sewell has been better than Rawlings by a smallish margin.

Jones has it all over Dixon.

Edwards and Boyle are posting similiar numbers but I would give that to Boyle.

Croad has been better then Firrito.

I have no idea why you even mention Thorp, nor why the North guy mentioned Riggio.

I think you have the advantage in the forward line, we have it down back and due to far superior rucks we also have it in the middle..just.

Most importantly will be the style of game. You would think our contested game will suit finals more.

All this firepower talk - as pointed out - you have kicked four more goals over the year.

I think both clubs have had a terrible write up and the scribes must have woken up to the shock they they are still where they have been all year.

Similarly the punters who syayer on sydney until it became clear - r21 thet they had never risen above 6th and guess what - they finish 7th or 8th !

The wors part is teams like brisbane were flying anfd being talked up then Hawks beat them and one journo predicted no more wins for brisbane !

Its like the Hawks beat you you must be crap.
Its been similar for the kangaroos

Not much between the teams IMO

How do you measure chance?

Or is it totally subjective.

If Kangas go further than the hawks, does that mean that anyone who said the hawks are a better chance are wrong?

Chance is a really watery concept. Don't like it one bit.

FWIW Hawks have better winning records against the top sides, to me that's the best objective indicator.

Without reading a whole lot of this thread, Hawthorn supporters need to get their heads out of their a*ses, stop creaming over Buddy and realise that North are a talented team as well. There I said it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's got the better chance? Hawks or Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back