Who's got the better chance? Hawks or Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Now you are just being dumb.
This seems to be the common theme with Hawks supporters, thinking all your players are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than those of a team that has the same amount of wins and has split the head to heads.

Boomer has been better than Hodge
Mitchell has been better than Harris

The gap between Mitchel > Harris is larger than Harvey > Hodge. Even still, Hodge and Mitchell leave both players for dead in an overall comparision.

9/10 clubs would take Mitchell and Hodge over Harvey and Harris...agree?

Simpson and Lewis would be on a par

Lewis's disposal is far superior.

Hard to compare out of positon, but the gap between your best forward in Franklin and our best Forward in Petrie, is no where near as large as the gap between your best ruckman in Campbell and our best ruckman in McIntosh.

Franklin, Boyle and Roughead as a collection have kicked significantly more goals than any other 3 pronged forward line.

As a matter of fact, there was a write up today from Mark Stevens stating that Franklin is the ONLY player in the league with the capacity to kick 100+ goals in a season - http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22324844%5E19767,00.html

Wells and Crawford are having similiar impact.

How many games has Wells played this season?

Birchall gets more of it than Smith but Smith is better.

Essentially that's the difference between the 2 sides IMO. Smith is regarded as probably North's best under 20 player, on the otherhand the comparable Birchall is probably on the 4th or 5th line.

Roughhead has been much better than Leigh Brown (but in the theme of this thread if Thompson comes in we have a much bigger weapon to go far)

As opposed to Williams - who has kicked more goals over the last 2 seasons then Thompson ever has in his years at both Hawthorn and North?

Edwards and Boyle are posting similiar numbers but I would give that to Boyle.

Boyle has kicked 2 goals a game on average, Edwards barely averages a goal a game.

I think you have the advantage in the forward line, we have it down back and due to far superior rucks we also have it in the middle..just.

To quote Paul Gough - on Mondayitis; 'Hawthorn probably have the best midfield group going around in the competition today.

Our backline has also conceded far fewer points - over 30 goals to be precise.

All this firepower talk - as pointed out - you have kicked four more goals over the year.

We've also conceded a mere 200+ points less then you - which throws your backline argument out. Statistical analysis has to work both ways...

Without reading a whole lot of this thread, Hawthorn supporters need to get their heads out of their a*ses, stop creaming over Buddy and realise that North are a talented team as well. There I said it.

Everyone thinks that, they just wouldn't admit it because kangas supporters are talking just as much crap! ;)

It goes two ways!

How do you measure chance?

Or is it totally subjective.

If Kangas go further than the hawks, does that mean that anyone who said the hawks are a better chance are wrong?

Chance is a really watery concept. Don't like it one bit.

FWIW Hawks have better winning records against the top sides, to me that's the best objective indicator.

Do the maths, you'll get your answer. (Not being bias)

The gap between Mitchel > Harris is larger than Harvey > Hodge. Even still, Hodge and Mitchell leave both players for dead in an overall comparision.

Franklin, Boyle and Roughead as a collection have kicked significantly more goals than any other 3 pronged forward line.

As a matter of fact, there was a write up today from Mark Stevens stating that Franklin is the ONLY player in the league with the capacity to kick 100+ goals in a season - http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22324844%5E19767,00.html

Essentially that's the difference between the 2 sides IMO. Smith is regarded as probably North's best under 20 player, on the otherhand the comparable Birchall is probably on the 4th or 5th line.

As opposed to Williams - who has kicked more goals over the last 2 seasons then Thompson ever has in his years at both Hawthorn and North?

Boyle has kicked 2 goals a game on average, Edwards barely averages a goal a game.

To quote Paul Gough - on Mondayitis 'Hawthorn probably have the best midfield group going around in the game today'

Our backline has also conceeded far fewer points.

We've also conceeded a mere 200+ points less then you - which throws your backline argument out. Statistical analysis has to work both ways...

Yep.. you owned him.. lol! I think everything you said was right. Except the 9/10 clubs choosing Mitchell and Hodge ahead of Harris and Harvey! I think it's closer to 10/10! :)

Well done!

North/Hawthorn= BF's biggest rivalry excluding the obvious ones.

It's pretty funny to read, all this means nothing until we find out who goes further in September.

Better chance this year depends on who finished 4th. I reckon both sides can at least give Geelong a scare, possibly win with a small amount of luck.

I think North's game is better suited to finals footy. We made Hawthorn look like a netball side a few weeks ago, and anyone who thinks differen't wasn't paying attention. But the reason we have a better shot at a prelim (that's as far either side will get IMO), is Harvey, Simposn, Grant and Archer. Been there, done it all. A few times. Will be important.

But 206 pages of penis comparisons is crazyness. Both sides will finish on equal points, FFS.

Not really, your nothing but a blimp in space compared to the Hawks/Cats and Hawks/Tigers BF rivalry...

Maybe but Hawthorn come across as closet North supporters the way they litter our board, so meh, not our problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better chance this year depends on who finished 4th. I reckon both sides can at least give Geelong a scare, possibly win with a small amount of luck.

I think North's game is better suited to finals footy. We made Hawthorn look like a netball side a few weeks ago, and anyone who thinks differen't wasn't paying attention. But the reason we have a better shot at a prelim (that's as far either side will get IMO), is Harvey, Simposn, Grant and Archer. Been there, done it all. A few times. Will be important.

But 206 pages of penis comparisons is crazyness. Both sides will finish on equal points, FFS.

My penis is bigger than yours Northbhoy! :p

Without reading a whole lot of this thread, Hawthorn supporters need to get their heads out of their a*ses, stop creaming over Buddy and realise that North are a talented team as well. There I said it.
For starters, the roos are just a top 8 team thats it!!! Wont win the flag this year nor in the near future..
As for Hawthorn they have bit the bullet and went down the bottom, got the players required to win a flag and now over the next few years they will be going out to do that...
If the roos followed the same process they would have not gone far, due to your supporter base..
Im sorry roos fans but thats the way I see it..
You also have another team in the 8 doing the same thing, I will let you all work it out.. The only difference is that they have a HUGE supporter base.. Once their old wood retire they are in all sorts..

Give em a break, they were missing Franklin, Jordon, Pippen, Boyle, Duncan, Mitchell, Garnett and Rodman. Oh, and Shaq. :rolleyes:

That last line is my sentiments exactly.

For starters, the roos are just a top 8 team thats it!!! Wont win the flag this year nor in the near future..
As for Hawthorn they have bit the bullet and went down the bottom, got the players required to win a flag and now over the next few years they will be going out to do that...
If the roos followed the same process they would have not gone far, due to your supporter base..
You also have another team in the 8 doing the same thing, I will let you all work it out.. The only difference is that they have a HUGE supporter base.. Once their old wood retire they are in all sorts..

Yep. Cool.

And bully for you. Thats the way you see it. Well I'm happy for you. Not sure what it has to do with anything regarding the club, and those who know whats going on but I'm happy for you nonetheless.

Here we go again...leave those players for dead. Crap. Harvey has been outstanding this year and has influenced more games than either Hodge or Mitchell. Harris has been very good.

I would put Hodge and Mitchell slightly ahead but their is no chance they leave them for dead.

What in a trade - yep. Mainly because they are younger. But Boomer has a flag and is a long term leader at our club. He will be unbelieveably valauble come finals time...which is what the thread is about.

Your boys are still unknowns.

So is Leigh Browns. Leigh Brown's is better than Lewis's too. Typical Hawthorn defnesiveness and overrating again.

Simpson's defensive work, tackling, valuae as a third man up, blocking on opponents, leadership, experience it all shits all over Lewis.

But as I said, based on this year they would be on a par.

Wow - really? That is amazing. Truly it is. But your other forwards must be more than average as you have only kicked 4 more goals all year as opposed to North.

I can't be bothered reading that, but if he thinks Fevola, Lloyd and Brown don't have the capcity he is kidding himself. Anyway, didn't I say Franklin, Roughhead and Boyle had all been better than the North comparisons?

Oh that is right, you a hawks so need the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A couple less than Boyle...weren't you just crapping on about him being in the best trio ever in the history of football or something?

Firstly, you cares about their age. Who does. It wil not matter in this coming finals series. Secondly, Birchall is the only player in your current team under 20 who will play finals for you. Whoops!

Hasn't been written off for the year? So what is your point? Do you even know what this thread is about?

And Edwards has played further out from goal as a HFF linkman and taken more marks and got more possessions...but I gave the points to Boyle.

Sorry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Are you guys really such insecure w***ers?

To quote Paul Gough - on Mondayitis; 'Hawthorn probably have the best midfield group going around in the competition today.

Wow. That is a killer ruck combo too.
Why would I care about an opinion from Paul Gough?

Our backline has also conceded far fewer points - over 30 goals to be precise.

We've also conceded a mere 200+ points less then you - which throws your backline argument out. Statistical analysis has to work both ways...

It might also be due to such factors as draw - who knows. Freo have kicked 100 more points than both of us.

How about this, if on Monday we have more wins we will just settle on us being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than you.

Deal?

Hawthorn membership slogan 2008:

Us>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

W@nkers

Where is your talent? All I see are hard-working and disciplined droids. Nothing wrong with that, but I just don't see any big game players there. Where are your match winners?

And please do not mention Petrie in there.

Now this is just one out of left field, but would you think the 2nd brownlow favourite would be a talented player?

The Hawks are a good team. I don't want to bring in the fact that they have built their team prodominantly from early draft picks and years of miserable performances, throughout this time, trying to maintain their fickle supporter base by promising to draw a "line in the sand."

But seriously, Hawks supporters need to understand that come finals time, any team can win. Talent should not be in question. The mental apptitude of the team is just as important as the physical apptitude. I don't want to question your teams ability, but I don't think that the question of whether the Kangaroos are a good team is any of your concern. We EASILY accounted for your team at your FORTRESS. A good finals team is based on DEPTH. If you have 2 injuries, please don't go bleating that you would have easily won the match, had it not been for these injuries. Accept that our team was much better then yours on the day and hope, should we meet again in the finals, that you beat us.

Also, should you wish to make comments such as "Hawks >>>>>>>>>>Kangaroos" (also note that the addition of more '>' doesn't mean that the team is better) please substanitate them. For example, notice how Leather Poisining substantiates his claims with facts and opinions. Please do that.

Now this is just one out of left field, but would you think the 2nd brownlow favourite would be a talented player?

The Hawks are a good team. I don't want to bring in the fact that they have built their team prodominantly from early draft picks and years of miserable performances, throughout this time, trying to maintain their fickle supporter base by promising to draw a "line in the sand."

But seriously, Hawks supporters need to understand that come finals time, any team can win. Talent should not be in question. The mental apptitude of the team is just as important as the physical apptitude. I don't want to question your teams ability, but I don't think that the question of whether the Kangaroos are a good team is any of your concern. We EASILY accounted for your team at your FORTRESS. A good finals team is based on DEPTH. If you have 2 injuries, please don't go bleating that you would have easily won the match, had it not been for these injuries. Accept that our team was much better then yours on the day and hope, should we meet again in the finals, that you beat us.

Also, should you wish to make comments such as "Hawks >>>>>>>>>>Kangaroos" (also note that the addition of more '>' doesn't mean that the team is better) please substanitate them. For example, notice how Leather Poisining substantiates his claims with facts and opinions. Please do that.

Yeah but what fun would that be... I think a couple of your posters who know me a bit by now can see that I am clearly attempting to ruffle some feathers on the eve of the finals. The two of our teams are on equal points (which to me would suggest they are fairly even) but what on EARTH would the truth do to help me stir the pot :p

Yeah but what fun would that be... I think a couple of your posters who know me a bit by now can see that I am clearly attempting to ruffle some feathers on the eve of the finals. The two of our teams are on equal points (which to me would suggest they are fairly even) but what on EARTH would the truth do to help me stir the pot :p

Well from reading your posts it's pretty obvious that you are obviously just trying to "stir the pot" but a lot of people on the board can get pretty heated about some stuff. I know that these comparisons obviously aren't going to mean jack all, but I think it's pretty pointless to come out with pointless answers like HAWKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DAYLIGHT>>>>>>>>ROOS.

And I agree, it's fun to flame some people.

Yes, you have to win the spoon & get early draft picks to have any chance at a flag.........just ask St Kilda. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's got the better chance? Hawks or Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back