Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

evolved2 my understanding of it isn't "just world" as such.

But as I get older I see more and more of that poetic justice in the world but not enough to give it any validity as an actual mechanic that could be measured - so much s**t that happens that doesn't fit with that idea.
How do you understand the word?

It's quite easy to disprove the idea of a just world. Religion plays on that psychological need by providing untestable answers such as reincarnation and the various forms of afterlife.

Reality isn't always easy to deal with.

Religious folk believing they should be exempt from the rules is hardly the sole domain of Islam.

Really, what's some recent examples of this in Australia? There's plenty of Muslim examples, still going on today.

It appears that many Muslims are confusing free speech with being racist.

Really, what's some recent examples of this in Australia? There's plenty of Muslim examples, still going on today.

I think you're looking for reasons to blame islam when you should be looking at organised - and tax exempt - religion across the board.

And while I'm all for questioning the priviledged position organised religion holds in our society, I am definitely not for prejudice. Make your criticism look less like choosing to take exception to a minority, and you'd be surprised who might agree with you.

I think you're looking for reasons to blame islam when you should be looking at organised - and tax exempt - religion across the board.

And while I'm all for questioning the priviledged position organised religion holds in our society, I am definitely not for prejudice. Make your criticism look less like choosing to take exception to a minority, and you'd be surprised who might agree with you.

So you don't have any examples. Thanks for making that clear and proving your statement false and for your above strawman response, nice way of trying to avoid answering the question.

My question was very clear and in response to your grandmother statement that other religions make similar demands to the recent Muslim group demands that they should be notified if the police are investigating Muslim terrorists.

It's just like pro Muslim groups (including current politician's, university staff and public figures) chanting 'From the river to the sea' which is a deeply racist attack on Jews. Show many any recent examples of other religious groups making these types of mass racist attacks. Sure, there are racist individuals everywhere, but not like what we're seeing right now in Western societies where it has become entrenched in the far Left political values.

So you don't have any examples.
Note: I'm not actually disputing or opposing what you've said, merely telling you what you would need to do to get my support.

You're aggressively opposing a neutral position.
Thanks for making that clear and proving your statement false and for your above strawman response, nice way of trying to avoid answering the question.
Someone needs to look up the definition of what strawman means.
My question was very clear and in response to your grandmother statement that other religions make similar demands to the recent Muslim group demands that they should be notified if the police are investigating Muslim terrorists.
They do, and they are.
It's just like pro Muslim groups (including current politician's, university staff and public figures) chanting 'From the river to the sea' which is a deeply racist attack on Jews.
I'm going to put it this way: this forum has misinformation rules, Saab. If you're going to make a claim to fact - which this post does - you had better be willing to back it up with evidence from a legitimate source.

Can you provide a legitimate source to verify that an Australian policitian or member of a university staff has been quoted as chanting 'From the river to the sea', Saab NLAW?
Sure, there are racist individuals everywhere, but not like what we're seeing right now in Western societies where it has become entrenched in the far Left political values.
See what I mean when I say the following:
I think you're looking for reasons to blame islam... Make your criticism look less like choosing to take exception to a minority, and you'd be surprised who might agree with you.
See, I've a bit of a thing when it comes to agreeing with people; I don't much like to post or put my name behind someone or something when I don't know how they're going to use it. It's also why I've not actually strawmanned your position; I've not actually said anything about you other than what I think you're trying to do here.

Make your position explicitly and then see if you cop the same pushback.

Probably because the number 1 source of Intel on Islamic extremists in Australia comes from the Islamic community.

They routinely flag extremists. It makes sense to work with the community to weed the bad apples out doesnt it?

It's just like pro Muslim groups (including current politician's, university staff and public figures) chanting 'From the river to the sea' which is a deeply racist attack on Jews.

Pro Palestinian groups, not pro Muslim groups.

They're totally different issues.

The Saab NLAW is a Swedish anti-tank rocket. How do you expect one to know the difference between human groups?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Can you provide a legitimate source to verify that an Australian policitian or member of a university staff has been quoted as chanting 'From the river to the sea'”

Was the query I was answering. Sorry for the confusion. 🙂
I think more context is needed with the comment. Who is saying it? What is the background of their beliefs? A human rights protestor chanting "From the river to the sea, Palestine must be free" will be coming from a different place than a hardline Islamist chanting the same. The Islamist might well be thinking "Free? Yeah, free from Jews" but the human rights protestor would be thinking of an equitable political construct called Palestine.

I think more context is needed with the comment. Who is saying it? What is the background of their beliefs? A human rights protestor chanting "From the river to the sea, Palestine must be free" will be coming from a different place than a hardline Islamist chanting the same. The Islamist might well be thinking "Free? Yeah, free from Jews" but the human rights protestor would be thinking of an equitable political construct called Palestine.
Except it can’t happen without acceptance from BOTH parties. Hamas refuses. They are not into human rights unless it influences international opinion against Israel. That’s what protesters won’t/can’t acknowledge or face.

Except it can’t happen without acceptance from BOTH parties. Hamas refuses. They are not into human rights unless it influences international opinion against Israel. That’s what protesters won’t/can’t acknowledge or face.
Yep, Hamas are pieces of sh*t. You won't get any argument from me on that score.

The claim was that an Australian politician or university staff member chanted 'From the river to the sea'. Your source does not show evidence of either group having chanted this in any public way.

Edit: it seems Dorinda Cox has supposedly participated in those chants, without knowing the origin of the phrase. I could claim that there's no footage of it - no evidence this is much more than a minor party politician claiming something to drum up their profile - but there's enough there to support the claim made by Saab NLAW.

Also, if you're going to contribute to a conversation involving me, it might be an idea - you know - to tag me into it.

Last edited:
I might also suggest that the thread for the Hamas conflict with Israel is this way:

Posting about this might fall under the purview of this thread, but let's not allow the thread to be dominated by it.

Probably because the number 1 source of Intel on Islamic extremists in Australia comes from the Islamic community.

They routinely flag extremists. It makes sense to work with the community to weed the bad apples out doesnt it?

No they are not. They are anti-Jew Muslim groups. If they weren't then there would be similar demonstrations about what's happening in Yemen, which is 10 times worse.

The Muslim group complaining about the lack of consultation had nothing to do with weeding out bad apples and you know it.

Note: I'm not actually disputing or opposing what you've said, merely telling you what you would need to do to get my support.

You're aggressively opposing a neutral position.

Someone needs to look up the definition of what strawman means.

They do, and they are.

I'm going to put it this way: this forum has misinformation rules, Saab. If you're going to make a claim to fact - which this post does - you had better be willing to back it up with evidence from a legitimate source.

Can you provide a legitimate source to verify that an Australian policitian or member of a university staff has been quoted as chanting 'From the river to the sea', Saab NLAW?

See what I mean when I say the following:

See, I've a bit of a thing when it comes to agreeing with people; I don't much like to post or put my name behind someone or something when I don't know how they're going to use it. It's also why I've not actually strawmanned your position; I've not actually said anything about you other than what I think you're trying to do here.

Make your position explicitly and then see if you cop the same pushback.

And yet you still haven't answered the simple question, because you can't, because you're wrong.

A wall of text to avoid admitting that you're wrong.

And yet you still haven't answered the simple question, because you can't, because you're wrong.

A wall of text to avoid admitting that you're wrong.
... this is exceedingly dumb.

An opinion - which is all I've provided - cannot be wrong, because it is subjective. It can be improbable; it can be fallacious; it can be riddled in errors of fact or mistakes, but it cannot be wrong.

Again: I don't disagree with you about Islam's desire to control government behaviour, but I'm loath to put my name beside yours because you appear to have an issue with muslims in the way you're addressing your complaint.

The bolded is my opinion of how you're coming across. Notice that I'm not disagreeing with you here, at all; note that I've not opposed you in any way.

You seem to want an argument, regardless of whether or not you are provided with someone to argue with.

Australian Christian Lobby banning books

Christian Lives Matter bashing trans demonstrators

Reuben Kaye's obvious school boy joke resulting in death threats

No they are not. They are anti-Jew Muslim groups. If they weren't then there would be similar demonstrations about what's happening in Yemen, which is 10 times worse.

The Muslim group complaining about the lack of consultation had nothing to do with weeding out bad apples and you know it.

So you have to protest Yemen to protest Palestine...what a load of shit.

Israel must be getting desperate, their bots are starting to flood the internet with nonsensical rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back