Why we Hate Robert Walls/Graham Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Pevers-Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2002
Like Anyone Cares
AFL Club
Essendon
I think these two guys are the most biased commentators against us in the history of commentating. Examples:

Cornes tipping against our beloved Dons in 2000 regularly (MORON)
Walls - Look at his final 8 ladder - he has Sydney (Bottom) Hawthorn (Pretenders) and The Bulldogs (Most Over-rated team in the comp) in his final 8 ahead of Essendon.

One average year and everyone is jumping off and joining these two MORONS in thier opinion. Anyone else agree??

Walls is an absolute moron. I always thought that you weren't allowed to have a lot of bias when writing newspaper articles or talking about footy (unless you are currently active in that club), but Walls' Essendon hatred is soooooooooooo blatant that its scary.

I was watching "On the Couch" the other night, and they began to talk about Essendon. Of course Wallsy came out and said that Essendon would struggle to make the 8 and all that, and then goes on about how much he loves Brisbane and Port Adelaide. He even had Voss, Black and Primus as his top 3 players in the league!!!:rolleyes: (That other idiot Sheahan had his head screwed on for a change - he had Voss, Hird and McLeod as his top 3)

Agree with the bandwagon idea - its already begining, with everyone jumping off the Bombers to be any sort of threat in 2003. I just hope we don't get any more morons like Walls out there.

If we are talking about biased commentators lets not forget Dermie. In 2000 he backed hawthorn against essendon (giving his normal bullplop reasoning to hide the fact that he just wanted the hawks to win). Sam Newman absolutely tore into him about it and tried to make a bet that essendon would thrash them by 80pts. I believe the end margin was 83pts. Can't remember if Dermie took the bet though.

I remember that game well, if only we can reproduce that form again.

Why do people always write up teams aka Dogs,Tigers and when they get the chance, slam teams like Essendon - Jealousy is what I think, and the so called experts aren;t experts at all. They are like the average fan, unable to take bias out of their opinions, yet people believe they are unbiased.

For this year, ok, we lost 4 good players, but how many better players were out last year through injury/suspension and we made it to 5th. The only teams with injury runs similar to ours were Carlton, St. Kilda and Richmond - where did thney finish??

Yes we need players to step up, but name a team who doesn;t?? And we still have a good nucleus - yes a wekness in the ruck but speed, c;mon the doggies have speed, where did they finish????

If you can get the ball, and deliver it well, who the fire truck cares about speed, and anyway haven;t we tried to address this with Reynolds, Cupido, etc.

Sorry to vent, sick of people giving without listening to hope, rather listening to people like Walls who just doesn;t like us.

Originally posted by Pevers-Legend
If you can get the ball, and deliver it well, who the fire truck cares about speed, and anyway haven;t we tried to address this with Reynolds, Cupido, etc.

Sheeds has said many a time ... if you move the ball quick with accuracy your midfield can seem a lot more quicker than a side that relies on pure leg-speed alone.

What is there not to like about Walls? He played for Carlton; he acts like he had something to do with Brisbane's success, and he believes player punch-ups are a tried and true method of player discipline.

Cornes is just an SA blowhard who hates everything Victorian. He wouldn't single Essendon out.

The beauty of it all is that wails was a mad Essendon supporter as a kid, was a member for quite a few years. Don`t really get into " oh he hates , she hates us" but it is so blatantly obvious that he hates us that you can not help but laugh, it`s as plain as the bum fluff on his face and i enjoy every minute of it, we affect him that much.
Good work Essendon.

Originally posted by topdon
Sheeds has said many a time ... if you move the ball quick with accuracy your midfield can seem a lot more quicker than a side that relies on pure leg-speed alone.

This is so true, having pacey onballers means nothing if u cant deliver it, and delivering it well is what made us so feared in 2000. Didnt hear anything about out leg speed then, even when misiti was was our best player in the midfield.

If we can just start to deliver the ball better, do more 1%'ers like shepperds to give the ball carriers more time to deliver etc. By about round 7 we wont be hearing anymore complaints about our leg speed.

Robert Walls = biased, arrogant, egotistical pr!ck.

Enough said.

Actually, Robert Walls was the only one not to put Essendon at the top of his predicted ladder last year, not that it worries me someone should go against Essendon, but that it's Walls and that he couldn't tip Essendon if his life depended on it. Barely saw him tip us last year.

********. I hate him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why we Hate Robert Walls/Graham Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back