Will Collingwood win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah nice one u deluded donkey, god mode wins by 3 points

you have pendles, tarrant and keefe out (dont count ball)

they have kennedy, embley and nicoski out (dont count lecras)

i'd say their outs are bigger than yours

Wut? Don't count Ball? If you count Ball AND Le'cras our outs are worse by far! Pendles is easily one of the top 3 mids in the comp, you can see how badly we missed him yesterday. We didn't have Tarrant OR Keefe, so if they had Kennedy they would have made a better time of it in their forward line, but we still held on rather well.

Embley is definitely important, however, I really feel that, at worse, the two teams that played against each other where around the same place with team fielded and injuries!

more nervous about sydney than collingwood, hawthorn or adelaide to be honest

No need to fear Sydney. They don't have the game to mix it with you at Subi or the G. You can match or even beat them in close. You should be more concerned about the sides that can open you up on the big ground and they are the ones you don't seem to fear.

Beat Weagles by 3 points in Melb with three of their key forwards and their leading goal kicking machine missing I'm pretty sure they just might be the super team you should be worried about

I think he was saying that there is no Geelong 2007-2011 or Brisbane 2001-03 among the competing teams this year..

West Coast have covered their injuries well- admirable. So have we. Not sure why the above post does not count Ball? Or LeCras? Or Krakouer? Or Johnson? Agreed we're not in god mode though- that was us 12 months ago.

Nothing is certain in 2012.

I th

you have pendles, tarrant and keefe out (dont count ball)

they have kennedy, embley and nicoski out (dont count lecras)

Why count Keefe and not Ball?

Both out for the year.

Maybe count Johnson, Didak and Sinclair instead.

Agree though that if the West Coast team yesterday and all the guns out come back (LeCras will be back this year too right?) WCE will be hard to beat.

I think he was saying that there is no Geelong 2007-2011 or Brisbane 2001-03 among the competing teams this year..

West Coast have covered their injuries well- admirable. So have we. Not sure why the above post does not count Ball? Or LeCras? Or Krakouer? Or Johnson? Agreed we're not in god mode though- that was us 12 months ago.

Nothing is certain in 2012.

We lost to Geelong by now, even last year wasn't "God" mode, although I think TfTT was just making a jab anyway.

You need to win 3 flags in order to be compared with Cats. only after last year could geelong be compared with brisbane of 01-03.

Hence why I said we would need to win 2 before any discussions should even begin. After 2 you could begin to say if this team wins another in the next 2 seasons they would be comparable to Geelong

Collingwood are this years super team.

Since they hit their straps in Round 13 2010, their record is 44 wins, 6 losses and a draw.

Wut? Don't count Ball? If you count Ball AND Le'cras our outs are worse by far! Pendles is easily one of the top 3 mids in the comp, you can see how badly we missed him yesterday. We didn't have Tarrant OR Keefe, so if they had Kennedy they would have made a better time of it in their forward line, but we still held on rather well.

Embley is definitely important, however, I really feel that, at worse, the two teams that played against each other where around the same place with team fielded and injuries!

only a collingwood supporter would think that ball is a better player than lecras

lecras is the best small forward in the league, ball is a very good midfielder

i'd know which one i'd want

you have pendles, tarrant, johnson and keefe out (dont count ball)

they have kennedy, embley, schofield and nicoski out (dont count lecras)

You have forgotten Didak, Krak and Macaffer....the top 3 SFs at Collingwood heading into 2012. And also Sinclair, who has stood up and had played every game until the weekend.

Lucky for the Pies a kid named Elliott was given a chance and he also looks the goods.

I th

Why count Keefe and not Ball?

Both out for the year.

Maybe count Johnson, Didak and Sinclair instead.

Agree though that if the West Coast team yesterday and all the guns out come back (LeCras will be back this year too right?) WCE will be hard to beat.

my bad, i forgot that keefe was out for the year
substitute didak/sinclair for keefe

if BJ, pendles and tarrant come back, only one of didak/sinclair will squeeze in, i can't see too many other ppl player in the 22 yesterday that would be knocked out, elliot played a blinder

and i dont think lecras will be back, just too big a risk at his age, i reckon eagles will be happy to play it safe and have a bigger crack at 2013

only a collingwood supporter would think that ball is a better player than lecras

lecras is the best small forward in the league, ball is a very good midfielder

i'd know which one i'd want

Because Ball wasn't instrumental to our structures? Stop looking at things in a vacuum, otherwise your opinion is worth less than the dirt stuck to my boot.

my bad, i forgot that keefe was out for the year
substitute didak/sinclair for keefe

if BJ, pendles and tarrant come back, only one of didak/sinclair will squeeze in, i can't see too many other ppl player in the 22 yesterday that would be knocked out, elliot played a blinder

and i dont think lecras will be back, just too big a risk at his age, i reckon eagles will be happy to play it safe and have a bigger crack at 2013

I Agree. Although there are a lot of other factors rather than injuries.

Players just coming back like Reid will be much better next time they play you would think for one.

I guess the main point you could take from the game is that West Coast can beat Collingwood at the MCG.

As a few other clubs have proven too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have forgotten Didak, Krak and Macaffer....the top 3 SFs at Collingwood heading into 2012. And also Sinclair, who has stood up and had played every game until the weekend.

Lucky for the Pies a kid named Elliott was given a chance and he also looks the goods.

i understand your argument mate but obviously you think 25players will fit into 22

I'm not disputing the fact that the pies have incredible depth, it's one of the reasons why you're still winning with all the bad run with injuries

but didak, krak and macaffer aren't all going to player together, what about blair and fasolo

i cant believe you guys are harping on about macaffer he's played like 5 games in 1.5 years of footy, geez talk about talking yourselves up, you tell me who he's gonna replace and i'll apologise

cause it looks like you were running krak, blair and fasolo last year with dids used as a sub alot (he didn't play that many games)

and then you guys go on about sinclair, he'll be out of the side when collingwood's full strenght

your backline is reid, brown, maxwell, clarke, harry o, toovey and shaw
so you've got either one of tarrant or keefe missing, not 2 players cause you've only got one more defender you can fit into the side, you can't have both, so dont give me crap about 2 players coming back into only one available spot in the 22

i really really hate it when ppl talk about fringe players like they're superstars and trying to fit 30 players into 22, you have alot of injuries but a fair few of those players are not in your best 22 so don't try to talk them up like they're superstars (i.e macaffer, sinclair, keefe)

Because Ball wasn't instrumental to our structures? Stop looking at things in a vacuum, otherwise your opinion is worth less than the dirt stuck to my boot.

lecras is worth more to west coast than ball is to collingwood so i can look at it in a vacuum

ergo, when west coast vs collingwood --------> lecras > ball

I Agree. Although there are a lot of other factors rather than injuries.

Players just coming back like Reid will be much better next time they play you would think for one.

I guess the main point you could take from the game is that West Coast can beat Collingwood at the MCG.

As a few other clubs have proven too.
why don't we all relax and see what happens in Round 22?
most players who are coming back this year will be back, it will be over west and we will see who plays the best footy then

lecras is worth more to west coast than ball is to collingwood so i can look at it in a vacuum

ergo, when west coast vs collingwood --------> lecras > ball
you were doing so well with your post above this one
why would you compare lecras and ball? they are completely different footballers
why not compare lecras and didak or lecras and krakouer?

you were doing so well with your post above this one
why would you compare lecras and ball? they are completely different footballers
why not compare lecras and didak or lecras and krakouer?

there's no comparison the only reason why i put them together is cause they're both out for the year, so i didn't put them as players coming back

We lost to Geelong by now, even last year wasn't "God" mode, although I think TfTT was just making a jab anyway.

You're right about the jab, however I'll still contend that whatever 'godmode' is, our form in the middle of the H&A season last year would probably qualify. You're right we lost to Geelong in R7 or R8 or whenever it was, but before that bizarre final round loss we were 20-1. It wasn't even the record though, it was the 'machine' type way we were playing, our huge percentage, etc.

To play devil's advocate with the OP Magic Mike ^.. you're right, our record since mid-2010 has been fantastic. However I think in that time we had a first phase that ended late in the H&A stretch last season. Late 2011 and thus far in 2012 we've been far more erratic, and obviously in 2012 our team's 22 has been significantly changed from even 12 months ago.

For we Collingwood fans, to compare our mini-era to Geelong or Brisbane's super-eras would just be tempting fate (and ridicule) at this stage. I'm still not convinced 2012 is our year, too much water still left to flow under the bridge.

i understand your argument mate but obviously you think 25players will fit into 22
Nup, just pointing out who our injured players are.

I'm not disputing the fact that the pies have incredible depth, it's one of the reasons why you're still winning with all the bad run with injuries
We only have incredible depth because of our injuries!

At the start of the season if a Collingwood fan mentioned Keeffe, Sinclair, Buckley, M.Williams, Goldsack, Elliott as good depth you would have laughed at them.

but didak, krak and macaffer aren't all going to player together, what about blair and fasolo
What about Blair, he has had to move into the middle as Ball and Pendles weren't playing.
Fas is a second year player...hardly a lock.

Krak was our best SF in 2011, he would have been a walk up start.
Didak is Didak, if fit he is in the best team.
Macaffer would have been picked ahead of Goldsack at the start of the year.

i cant believe you guys are harping on about macaffer he's played like 5 games in 1.5 years of footy, geez talk about talking yourselves up, you tell me who he's gonna replace and i'll apologise
Macaffer was a lock in the premiership side when fit, since then he has been injured.

He would of been picked ahead of Goldsack, as he has always been.
cause it looks like you were running krak, blair and fasolo last year with dids used as a sub alot (he didn't play that many games)
Dids was a write off in 2011....sh1t happens.

and then you guys go on about sinclair, he'll be out of the side when collingwood's full strenght
Will he??
your backline is reid, brown, maxwell, clarke, harry o, toovey and shaw
so you've got either one of tarrant or keefe missing, not 2 players cause you've only got one more defender you can fit into the side, you can't have both, so dont give me crap about 2 players coming back into only one available spot in the 22
B.Johnson is an integral part of the backline, and Tarrant will squeeze in somewhere.
i really really hate it when ppl talk about fringe players like they're superstars and trying to fit 30 players into 22, you have alot of injuries but a fair few of those players are not in your best 22 so don't try to talk them up like they're superstars (i.e macaffer, sinclair, keefe)

Krak, Didak and Macaffer would have been 1,2 and 3 in the SF pecking order at the start of 2012.

Due to their injuries, guys like Fasolo, Goldsack, Sinclair have been given games...and now even Elliott.

Because Reid, N.Brown and Tarrant were injured Keeffe was given games...and he was fantastic...but now his injury means nothing??

A bloke like Nicoski, he has had one good season as a SF....yet you think he would force out J.Hill, the leading goal kicker??

At the start of the season if a Collingwood fan mentioned Keeffe, Sinclair, Buckley, M.Williams, Goldsack, Elliott as good depth you would have laughed at them.

Good summary, nicely done.

The other factor to take into account is the fact that guys like Reid and Brown have been in and out of the team all season- so there's a 'rustiness' component, as well as a lack of continuity.

I was stoked we won yesterday- West Coast are contenders.

What about Blair, he has had to move into the middle as Ball and Pendles weren't playing.
Fas is a second year player...hardly a lock.

Krak was our best SF in 2011, he would have been a walk up start.
Didak is Didak, if fit he is in the best team.
Macaffer would have been picked ahead of Goldsack at the start of the year.

Macaffer was a lock in the premiership side when fit, since then he has been injured.

He would of been picked ahead of Goldsack, as he has always been.

Dids was a write off in 2011....sh1t happens.

Will he??

B.Johnson is an integral part of the backline, and Tarrant will squeeze in somewhere.

Krak, Didak and Macaffer would have been 1,2 and 3 in the SF pecking order at the start of 2012.

Due to their injuries, guys like Fasolo, Goldsack, Sinclair have been given games...and now even Elliott.

Because Reid, N.Brown and Tarrant were injured Keeffe was given games...and he was fantastic...but now his injury means nothing??

A bloke like Nicoski, he has had one good season as a SF....yet you think he would force out J.Hill, the leading goal kicker??

this post only further proves my argument that you have 25 players trying to fit into a 22 player game

to answer each of your points

1. Pendles comes back, Fasolo is playing incredible, he's not going anywhere, Blair plays more up forward, who's going out??

2. You want Dids back, who's going out??

3. You want Macaffer, too bad Goldsack, you're out

4. You want BJ, who's going out?? too bad Clarke???

5. You want Tazza, who's going out???

6. Injuries to Reid, Brown and Tarrant have made Keefe intergral to your team, once they're back he's not in your best 22

I rest my case, I really really hate posters who make fringe players into superstars

Keefe, Sinclair, Macaffer are not vital to your team, they are not part of your best 22. They are depth players, all it shows is that Collingwood has great exposed depth

Comfortably the best list in the comp and on form still the best team even despite Saturdays 3 point win. If everyone on their list plays to their potential they will win it. It is their flag to lose

this post only further proves my argument that you have 25 players trying to fit into a 22 player game

Again you miss the point....

It was you who claimed that West Coast outs were more important than Collingwood....but you opted to include Nicoski whilst leaving out Didak and Krak.

I simply added a couple of key Collingwood blokes who Im sure Buckley would prefer to have on the park.

1. Pendles comes back, Fasolo is playing incredible, he's not going anywhere, Blair plays more up forward, who's going out??

2. You want Dids back, who's going out??

3. You want Macaffer, too bad Goldsack, you're out

4. You want BJ, who's going out?? too bad Clarke???

5. You want Tazza, who's going out???

6. Injuries to Reid, Brown and Tarrant have made Keefe intergral to your team, once they're back he's not in your best 22
You want ins and outs

Out - T.Young, S.Buckley, M.Clarke, M.Williams, J.Elliott, T.Goldsack, Fasolo
In - Pendles, Ball, B.Johnson, Tarrant, Krak, Didak, Macaffer

I rest my case, I really really hate posters who make fringe players into superstars
Yeah, Nicoski is def not a superstar...I cant stand posters who make fringe players into superstars.

Again you miss the point....

It was you who claimed that West Coast outs were more important than Collingwood....but you opted to include Nicoski whilst leaving out Didak and Krak.

I simply added a couple of key Collingwood blokes who Im sure Buckley would prefer to have on the park.

You want ins and outs

Out - T.Young, S.Buckley, M.Clarke, M.Williams, J.Elliott, T.Goldsack, Fasolo
In - Pendles, Ball, B.Johnson, Tarrant, Krak, Didak, Macaffer

Yeah, Nicoski is def not a superstar...I cant stand posters who make fringe players into superstars.

I left out Krak cause he's not coming back this year and Nicoski is, (we are talking about season 2012 aren't we)

I left out Didak cause i believe ( and we can agree to disagree) that he's not part of the 22, I reckon Fasolo's passed him

and I also believe that Goldsack > Macaffer, other than that, I agree with everything else you said

and lastly, yeah fringe players kick almost 50 goals last year like Nicoski, so yes he'd probably knock out Ashton Hams, not Hill, so they have a forward line of Kennedy, Darling, Hill, Nicoski, and Embley come finals time

that's me not counting one of Cox/Nic Nat doing a forward/ruck rotation and me pushing Q-stick up the ground more into a wing position, so yes that's quite scary,

and that's me not counting LeCras coming back in 2013, which will make them more scary than now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back