Will Collingwood win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood absolutely did deserve to win in round 9, no doubt about it. Unquestionably the Pies had the desire in that game. So well done, they needed to put in the effort, and they did it.

Doesn't mean it will always be that way ...

Adelaide haven't beaten us since 2006 and can't see that changing anytime soon

no chance at all

punching well above their weight

and the fact that figjam and premierships dont get together go well together:D
Oh dear the Bucks obsession from Brissy continues they seem to be totally incapable of posting about Collingwood - or most other subjects actially - without mentioning him.

Pathetic really :rolleyes:

Have thought all year, since Oct 2011, the GF this year will be between Hawks/Pies, and Pies are the more complete team. Nothing so far sways me away from this opinion. Saints are my outside chance at this stage, very OUTSIDE right now given they are not in the 8 this week.
I never comment on Geelong's chances UNTIL they have won a Prelim. Just my policy.
Answer. YES. So far.

What about it? Are you saying that Collingwood depend on those who were missing? A few of them will be missing for the rest of the year.

Collingwood were a man down in the last Q, playing with No KPD, two first game kids - Elliott and Williams, at an away ground with 40K cheering for the other team, and were already missing two of their best mids - Swan and Ball....yet Collingwood simply stood up.

So yes, adding AA players like Swan and Reid, along with other good defenders like Tarrant and N.Brown will make the team stronger.

Must be tough watching Adelaide get rolled by the Pies time and time again...

Pros:
- midfield bats deep and at this stage is minus one A grader with +2 potential b to a graders in Beams and Sidebottom. Midfield includes a brownlow medalist burst running machine and a player many consider the best in the comp.
- power marking gorilla forward
- mcg
- record against 2 of the top 5 chances in particular
- proven ability above all vic sides to win interstate finals
- best form in the comp currently with a lot of quality players missing who should return by finals
- best team of 2010 by some margin, better than all bar Geelong in 2011 by some margin
- early injuries have meant more young players than on fellow contender's lists are being blooded, improving depth

Cons:
- new inexperienced coach who may well be cursed, having achieved all but a premiership despite multiple opportunities
- injuries... Pending how it all turns out may in fact turn out early unities followed by close to a full list at seasons end = blessing... But a couple more key injuries and it is mission impossible
- fatigue... Died out in 2011 and using up more players and petrol than 2011
- game plan that was near invincible is now redundant, can't win it without perfecting a tweaked model (tweaking in progress)
- buddy Franklin
- Geelong
- contractual distractions

Can't see why not - travelling along nicely, with little fanfare and yet have some seriously good players to come back in. Personally I think it's all going to come down to ladder positioning and home ground advantages - in saying that, the pies travel exceptionally well.

Anyone in the top 8 can win the flag by the looks of it, it will all come down to injuries and who is all firing at the right time
Would like to take this opportunity to thank you for this very informative post on behalf of BigFooty community :thumbsu:

Anyone in the top 8 can win the flag by the looks of it, it will all come down to injuries and who is all firing at the right time

Disagree - I strongly believe the current FOUR are strongly at the forefront.

Hawthorn are also a chance.

Sydney has a tough run home

Carlton have probably the toughest run home of the current sides positioned in the eight.

Collingwood are certainly where my money would be. More depth than the other contenders.

8 wins in a row to Collingwood after today.

They are looking better by the week.

Beams and Sidebottom's output at the moment is ridiculous. Hopefully the injuries hold off and big Trav starts to find some form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said for a while now it will probably be a Collingwood vs WC GF. If it pans out that way then you'd probably have to say yeah they will win the flag. But WC have quite a few best 22 players to return between now and finals.
They play each other at the MCG next week, should be a cracker!

Another week, another step closer to a Collingwood flag.

They have the wood on basically the whole competition.

Who can stop the juggernaut in September?

Have thought all year, since Oct 2011, the GF this year will be between Hawks/Pies, and Pies are the more complete team. Nothing so far sways me away from this opinion. Saints are my outside chance at this stage, very OUTSIDE right now given they are not in the 8 this week.
I never comment on Geelong's chances UNTIL they have won a Prelim. Just my policy.
Answer. YES. So far.

Are you aware that there are some teams which aren't from Victoria? Including three of the current top five?

Half way through the season. Not a very convincing win over Weagles. But should be level flag fav's now?

Beams and Sidebottom's output at the moment is ridiculous. Hopefully the injuries hold off and big Trav starts to find some form
Their whole midfield was awesome against the Eagles and they'll get to add arguably the best player in the competition to it. Not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back