Play Nice Will Geelong win the 2016 premiership?

Where do you think the Cats will finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They finished where they should have. As did hawks. Both will be back.

I disagree. Both are done. The game has changed. The dogs and GWS are playing a different game to the Hawks and cats and even swans. All 3 of these teams are too slow to keep up.

And the cats and Hawks who both need to add players to improve cannot even keep up with adding players to replace the holes left by those who have left.

Think this offseason the cats need to replace Bartel and Enright and find a way to get better. Good luck

Gee, they're just all past it. Enright, Bartel, Taylor, Hawkins, Mackie just to name a few. Was pretty sad to watch them tonight, they don't deserve to go out like this.

Not sold on their depth and youth at all either unfortunately. Horlin-Smith and Smedts just won't cut it. Motlop not playing like he wants to be there either, second round pick?

Hawkins had his 3rd best season ever in terms of goals kicked and Taylor is still playing just fine.

Mackie definitely needs to go, even at his best I didn't rate him that highly. As bad and slow as Bartel and Enright looked at times last night, they still found the pill more than every teammate except Dangerfiekd and Selwood which is not a great sign.

I disagree. Both are done. The game has changed. The dogs and GWS are playing a different game to the Hawks and cats and even swans. All 3 of these teams are too slow to keep up.

And the cats and Hawks who both need to add players to improve cannot even keep up with adding players to replace the holes left by those who have left.

Think this offseason the cats need to replace Bartel and Enright and find a way to get better. Good luck

Then how do you explain us beating the dogs and GWS? (Relatively recently in the Giants case)

We also beat the dogs twice last year from memory.

Don't forget they got a leg up by playing Essendon and Brisbane twice, won't be so lucky next year. Enabled them to be top 4 given the tightness of the top 7. Massive bonus.

Retirements in their back 6 will expose that area next year and will be a major issue. Oh and Danger needs to realise it is a team game and no good get 40+ disposals if half are crap and don't hit targets!

Was this your thinking before season or just had these thoughts now it all over ?

Nice cheap seal claps there. 10 years now we've been putting up with dribble said about Joel. Rather tiring.
Van_Dyke I expected better from you.

Selwood is the last person. Single last person in the team I blame for last night or most of our failings. His effort never waivers.
We could do with more like him... But troll on, a staple requirement of the main board these days.
Reason I liked it was because I knew a post like this was coming. I do completely agree with the last paragraph

Hawkins had his 3rd best season ever in terms of goals kicked and Taylor is still playing just fine.

Mackie definitely needs to go, even at his best I didn't rate him that highly. As bad and slow as Bartel and Enright looked at times last night, they still found the pill more than every teammate except Dangerfiekd and Selwood which is not a great sign.

Mackie is as soft as butter, how he gets a game amazes me, the bloke would jump at shadows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was this your thinking before season or just had these thoughts now it all over ?

I had question marks on their side because of their ageing defence before the season but it stood up this year. Won't be so lucky next year.

The fact that they lost to the likes of Carlton, St Kilda and Collingwood reinforced my doubts. You don't lose to those sort of sides.

Hawkins on his day is very good. Their old defenders are good but getting long in the tooth now

Cats and Hawks haven't had the access to youth that others have

(It's time to shift focus to the Swans is my point)

Hawkins is, now that Enright has presumably gone, our third best. Gets unfairly maligned a lot - has an incredible amount of score involvements for someone so immobile, nearly 400 career goals with 5-6 seasons left in him. And gets double ad triple teamed every week.

I had question marks on their side because of their ageing defence before the season but it stood up this year. Won't be so lucky next year.

The fact that they lost to the likes of Carlton, St Kilda and Collingwood reinforced my doubts. You don't lose to those sort of sides.
They will need wholesale changes to their defence next season. They know that themselves. As the season went on sides looked at what Carlton then Saints and Pies did to them to beat them and could see their older defence in particular was gettable with frenetic football pressure. Mackie, Enright and Lonergan all on the downhill side and more pronounced as season went on as a group. In the end their strength of Selwood and Dangerfield not quite enough but they gave it a good crack this season. In a season so tight there has not been much in it. They beat most sides in the 8 more than others. Era totally over for Hawks and them though. This was last season as serious contenders I feel for some time.

In the words of me:

"Delicious is the.lamest f***ing phrase I've ever heard associated with competitive sport, and we made it a week further than the sewerage wearing sanitary squad that got knocked out last week."
Aye Carumba!

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Will Geelong win the 2016 premiership?

Back