Will Minson MUST go

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Minson, Hill, Gilbee, Hargrave
IN: Roughead, Jones, Wood, Tiller

you my friend are an absolute moron of the highest order.....

you can't win as a club dropping guys on 1 bad game. Why on earth would you even suggest dropping Hargrave & Gilbee--those guys were under siege in the backline--if you didn't watch properly then just look at the scoring shots to gain an idea.

Hill, well maybe a straight swap for Johnson.

Minson--yes he will be dropped & should be, but let's not make a scapegoat of him, the whole team sucked tonight, dropping Will isn't going to fix much but it might prove a point to him that his spot isn't to be taken for granted.

Im normally quick to defend minson but yeah he was terrible today. That lazy kick that went out on the full i think has earned him a week at williamstown. Reward roughead for his hard work while minson learns his lesson and williamstown and then bring him back in a week or two. Eade has to show minson his not kidding.

Also please stop with the gia bashing. He was far from our wost and was one of our better players.

you can't win as a club dropping guys on 1 bad game.

You can't win by not dropping players despite form- see the gold pass system employed by the crows and power.

That said, I agree with you reasoning in the rest of your post.

Give me a break - I know we had a terrible game tonight probably the worst game since 2007. But for heaven's sake dropping senior players and bringing in kids who haven't played one game at senior level is not going to solve anything.

We are missing leadership on the ground, and it emphasises how important it is to get JOhno back on the park - and Aker tonight would have most likely dragged us over the line - like he did the last time we played the Lions.

This is a worry in itself - we need these two guys, on the verge of retirement, to "get us over the line"? What about the rest of the leadership group? They need a rocket themselves. Sheesh, we're supposed to be "flag favourites". A couple more performances like last night and we can forget about that.

Look, I have come to expect that when we lose that people on here start calling for blood and I understand that completely after all as supporters we need some outlet to vent especially when we play interstate. But let's think this though a bit.

We have been flat all year so far. I'm not sure what it is. We are trying hard I think...I thought our effort was there last week and even v the pies rd1 barring the first 1/4.

We do have some injuries to players in our best 22...but really we need to be able to cover them, after all the Lion had a few out too. So for me it's not who's not in the side.

So we have effort, we have the personal...then what is it? Confidence?...which leads to poor decision making and skills....and then turnovers. Maybe they are a bit mentally fried after a massive pre season?

I'm not overly worried....I want to be playing our best come the finals...We need to make sure we win enough games to get there. If we were playing our best now...I think I'd be more nervous.
Losing some games this time of the season will help us sort out who to play, how to play and address any weakness and get it right when it really counts.

No need to panic. The ins will be Johnson and Aker this week. I didn't see the game last night so I'm not sure about Will. I think the outs will come from Hill, Everitt and Moles.

Roughhead might get a gig, I'm not opposed to that at all. But we have Adelaide this week and all that matters is the 4 pts. Now is not the time to panic at the selection table. I do believe in playing other players who are knocking the door down. But so far no one is doing that at Willi for mine. Roughhead is playing well, but not killing it, but certainly is not far off at all..but aside from him....no one else jumps up and grabs me as a better option than what is in the team.

Minson did ok but we used him terribly. As one of the commentators said why is Minson the one bringing the ball out from the back half. That isn't his job and never should be.

Both of his poor kicks which lead to Brisbane goals (the OOBOTF and the TO in the middle of the ground) no one ran past to give him an option to handball.

As a team we were lazy last night and I thought the only person who busted a gut with his running was Gia.

I wish they had dropped Minson before last night's game so you could all see our poor form isn't down to one person. Brisbane would have beaten us anyway the way we played as a whole (except for Barry Hall & Brian Lake who were up to par).

They'll cave into those of you wanting Minson's head on a stake (carried up Barkly St & finishing with several laps of the Whitten Oval) and drop him this week (should drop the so called captain first) and we will win because we are playing a shit side. So you'll all be proved right - it's all Bill's fault.

Then they'll bring him back for St Kilda and we'll lose again (because our form at the moment is not top 5 material) and you'll all blame him again!

So relax people, you will get what you wish for - even though you know you should be careful about that - because it's not going to fix the current poor form of the WHOLE TEAM.

Yes, Will is a whipping boy, but he was given a rocket (so to speak) last week and he didn't respond. Roughead deserves a chance.

Eade threatened him with a stint at Williamstown and that's where he'll go.

We're supposed to be a top four side, a flag contender, and we're nowhere near it right now.

Changes have to be made.

It doesn't matter. After 4 atrocious games, you have to get omitted. Sure, Roughead isn't proven yet but it wouldn't be fair to not give him a debut after Minson's shitness.

Rocket pointed out after last week's game that he needs a stint at Williamstown and after today's game, 25% disposal efficiency, was lazy and awful in general, he has to be dropped and Roughead deserves his debut and in my opinion, has 3-4 rounds to prove himself.

This is the issue.

Minson has been terrible, coming back from the soy milk poisoning he is underdone, and in an ideal world, would have not played round one.

However, Roughead is not ready to play senior football as of yet. Not as a talent perspective, but just size wise, he's a season away. This is also the theroy behind the Hawks not playing Grimley, as his body just isn't up to it yet. And you can look at Vickery from Richmond if you want an example of not being physically capable to complete at the top level.

In saying that though, Minson has left us no option than but to give Roughead a go. And against Adelaide next week, it's a good opportunity as they are currently a rabble and do not have the strongest rucking department going around.

Nor should Williams be grouped with Minson. Do you really think it is a co-incidence that the Lion's surge began with Tom leaving the ground?

Do you really think Williams was keeping us in it? The surge began somewhat due to the break in play caused by the hold up, not because the player was Williams.

Could Everitt play as a 2nd ruck this week if they're not wanting to through Roughead in just yet (although this probably means Roughead will end up with less Ruck time at Williamstown if Will is there too).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One player who must be very close to being omitted is Mitch Hahn. He has hardly been sighted all year. He along with Hargrave are our biggest concerns. Atleast Will is getting the ball jst his kicking is letting him down. I was watching Hahn closely against the hawks and he seems a bit lost out there, not sure where to lead, maybe having Hall in the fwd line is affecting him who knows, but he really needs to regain some form as he is a barometer with how well we are playing.

Do you really think Williams was keeping us in it? The surge began somewhat due to the break in play caused by the hold up, not because the player was Williams.

No. But the absence of a key defensive player will always affect a sides ability to match-up against the opposition's forwards, especially against a side like Brisbane. Even if that wasn't the case, Williams is far more talented and should not be placed in the same basket as Minson, who is nothing more than a hack.

Having seen Jordan Roughead during the NAB Cup (he was destroyed by Dean Brogan who himself has been poor so far this year) and against Collingwood's VFL team (he was matched up against an American playing his 1st game of Aussie Rules ever), I doubt he is close to being ready for AFL football.

If Big Will is to be dropped then we will need to find another ruckman to back up Huddo - otherwise Kurt Tippett is likely to regain the form from 2009 that hus thus far deserted him and lead the Crows to their 1st win of 2010.

Could Everitt play as a 2nd ruck this week if they're not wanting to through Roughead in just yet (although this probably means Roughead will end up with less Ruck time at Williamstown if Will is there too).

I believe Everitt did this to great effect in Round 22 against the Pies last year. At the moment, I think this would work far better than the current ruck set-up.

He gets kicks and possesions but how damaging is he and for the best kicker he has missed some easy goals when it counts. Ilike the guy but we cant just have blokes like him on cruise control every week.

Watch the Hawthorn game. Gilbee was the only one who was properly kicking out of defence and penetrating Hawthorn's zone. I doubt we would've won if he wasn't playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Minson MUST go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back