Will Minson MUST go

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe..just maybe being a multi-talented man is letting Big Willy down.

I believe he's studying engineering at the moment? That's not for dummies and takes up a lot of time. By the sounds of things he also has other interests such as the Sax and is constantly talked about as being the philosophical muse down at the club.

Maybe he needs to go back to basics and concentrate on football. This isn't really a knock on the man but he's still human and I know that studying takes up a lot of time and thought space. I can hardly hold a conversation when I leave my room after a couple of hours of a study session.

Just a suggestion.

Maybe he needs to go back to basics and concentrate on football.
I don't like it when he thinks :eek:

FTR Roughead looks promising but the likelyhood of him offering more to the team than Will at this stage isn't great.

I remember when as a club we used to support our players. Shame that as a supporter group we seem no better than Richmond these days.

I don't like it when he thinks :eek:

FTR Roughead looks promising but the likelyhood of him offering more to the team than Will at this stage isn't great.

I remember when as a club we used to support our players. Shame that as a supporter group we seem no better than Richmond these days.

On a whole we do support our players. Bigfooty is like the talk back radio of the 21st century. People with a strong opinion sound more vocal then those without. That gives a feeling that there is a heavy bias to the irrational. The media (especially current affair shows) have made a living out of this exact thing.

The vast majority of fans just want Minson to improve and aren't calling for him to be hanged.

This is consistently misunderstood on sites like bigfooty and everybody gets painted with the same brush. Gives me the shits.

I agree Butane, although some are calling for him to be hanged, most of us are just saying the guy is playing bad football, send him back to the 2's and get some form back. We all know he still has something to offer, but he needs to play good enough football to warrant earning his spot in the team.

Agreed, mind you Saturday's performance has made it a little hard to support Will's inclusion in this week's team.

Rather than calling for his head in order to improve our team (I don't believe dropping him and picking Roughead / sticking with 1 ruckman will improve us at all), I suspect that giving Will a run in the 2s will get back his confidence and mongrel. I have seen him play in the 2s (albeit Werribee) quite a few times and he is a dominant force on the field in a way that Roughead has yet to do.

In saying that, I agree with the comments above that our team seems to be lazy and allowing him to kick and try to do the intricate stuff. Hudson rarely does anything more than a handball as he usually has someone running off him. Our lads should afford Minson the same treatment (as most ruckman in the league are)...

Good Post.

Will may benefit from a game at Williamstown where he does most of the ruckwork. I would expect him to dominate and that should be good for his confidence. In fact if he does play at Willi he would need to stay there until he produced a dominant performance.

Wonder what everyone will say about him when he proves that he is well above the VFL standard that had calls for Skipper and now Roughead to be played ahead of him.

FWIW I think Will is struggling due to his interrupted pre-season and really did not cope with the 6 day break. He has been better than most give him credit for, however after the bake from Rocket the previous week, he probably does need to miss this week.

I called it in my earlier post... he's just too big.. way more muscular than previous seasons. Needs to get leaner to help his game

"Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade revealed Minson was still suffering the after-effects of his soy milk scare and had put on too much muscle in his recovery."

I called it in my earlier post... he's just too big.. way more muscular than previous seasons. Needs to get leaner to help his game

"Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade revealed Minson was still suffering the after-effects of his soy milk scare and had put on too much muscle in his recovery."

I wish i had the same problem :p

On a whole we do support our players. Bigfooty is like the talk back radio of the 21st century. People with a strong opinion sound more vocal then those without. That gives a feeling that there is a heavy bias to the irrational. The media (especially current affair shows) have made a living out of this exact thing.

The vast majority of fans just want Minson to improve and aren't calling for him to be hanged.

This is consistently misunderstood on sites like bigfooty and everybody gets painted with the same brush. Gives me the shits.
I would have agreed with you before this year - maybe it's just because I've changed my reserved seating, but many the Bulldogs supporters I sit near now are downright disgraceful.
If they had their way, Williams' bloody corpse would still be hanging from the top of the EJ Whitten stand, minus his limbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Minson MUST go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back