Prediction Will we make finals in 2023? AFL responds with "...not on my watch"

Will we make finals in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Provided we beat Sydney and West Coast and Sydney lose to Melbourne, we most likely make it? Even if Sydney beat Melbourne, we could still get through if Collingwood beat Essendon and Carlton beat GWS? Win 2 and odds are that we make it!

Win both and we will likely make it.

There are multiple, but the most likely scenario that gets us there is:

We win both.
GWS lose to Carlton in last game.
Dogs lose to Geelong in last game.
St Kilda lose to Brisbane in last game.

If that plays out, then all other games are irrelevant and we play finals, regardless of the Sydney v Melbourne result.

There are scenarios where we win both and finish 9th also.

Our win against them earlier this year didn’t get enough credit. It’s a difficult ground to win at and the Hawks have been decent most of the season.

Revisionist at best.

Hawks were poor in the first half of the season, and especially poor in the first few rounds where they copped some serious floggings. We were incredibly lucky to pinch that game at the death. Crows didn't play particularly well, honestly rarely do there. Got lucky.

Revisionist at best.

Hawks were poor in the first half of the season, and especially poor in the first few rounds where they copped some serious floggings. We were incredibly lucky to pinch that game at the death. Crows didn't play particularly well, honestly rarely do there. Got lucky.
My ladder predictor actually has us up to 7th from previous 8th after the results this weekend.
But if a couple of key results don't go our way, we will still miss.
Need two wins though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My ladder predictor actually has us up to 7th from previous 8th after the results this weekend.
But if a couple of key results don't go our way, we will still miss.
Need two wins though.

Yep, win both and I have us 7th and away to Geelong in week one......and where do we all think that would be played? Not the MCG.

If all results go as expected we finish 7th, a couple of upsets can happen and we still finish 8th. There is also a decent chance we finish 9th. It's still all to play for and a conceivable chance to play finals. Even if we do have to play Cats rd 1 away and get smashed we are still better for the experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Will we make finals in 2023? AFL responds with "...not on my watch"

Back