Will we make finals?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Finals.

Quite simply, use the search function.

We had a thread about this recently and it is only on the second page of this forum. Not that far away really.

And if you look on the next page, i'm almost certain you would find another thread about finals.

My point being that after every game there always seems to be a thread asking if we will make finals or not.

And if you look on the next page, i'm almost certain you would find another thread about finals.

My point being that after every game there always seems to be a thread asking if we will make finals or not.
Ironically, you're wrong

I think we could make the finals this year, but everythinghas to go our way form here on in.

assuming we beat adelaide we'll be 6-5 and looking good for the 8. we've played the 3 best sides IMO geelong, st kilda, hawthorn as well as getting 2 interstate trips out of the way (bris, port). the draw gets easier in the 2nd half of the year and we're only starting to get back players such as prismall, mcveigh, welsh, fletcher, reimers etc whilst hurley, dempsey, mcphee, lovett-murray etc have also missed due to injury/suspension. it remains to be seen if we get any footy out of either gumby/laycock but if we did that would just be a bonus.

i'd be quite confident we can make finals and it is ridiculous to suggest it wouldn't have anything but a positive effect on our playing group in the future.

quite simply, do you think essendon will make finals this year?
imho, i think it'd be better for the playing group if we finish 9-10th this year. Because we'll be a slightly better side next year and that'll make us even hungrier for finals. :thumbsu:

Disagree wholeheartedly.

Make finals, lose and get some finals experiance

OR

Miss out, be behind on experience, make finals next year and get belted.

quite simply, do you think essendon will make finals this year?
imho, i think it'd be better for the playing group if we finish 9-10th this year. Because we'll be a slightly better side next year and that'll make us even hungrier for finals. :thumbsu:

?????

Finals experience will be invaluable to making us a little bit more than a slightly better side next year...

If we win the next four matches we are a chance. Having one ruckman will kill us though

With the piss poor effort against Adelaide we don't deserve to play finals this year.

Forget it. :thumbsdown:

/lock thread.
Haha, nah I might leave it open mate. Would hardly call it 'piss poor', either. Bloody frustrating though, indeed; we should have put the game out of reach in the first half. Pears should have been moved to Tippet. Prismall, Reimers, McVeigh, Skipworth, Lucas should not have all been picked in the same side within two weeks of each other. Hopefully after losing a game we should've won we'll be able to pinch a few 'unlikely' wins as our players return to fitness.

Haha, nah I might leave it open mate. Would hardly call it 'piss poor', either. Bloody frustrating though, indeed; we should have put the game out of reach in the first half. Pears should have been moved to Tippet. Prismall, Reimers, McVeigh, Skipworth, Lucas should not have all been picked in the same side within two weeks of each other. Hopefully after losing a game we should've won we'll be able to pinch a few 'unlikely' wins as our players return to fitness.

Ahh, just had a change of heart a minute after I posted that. You got to it before I could edit it though, haha.

And maybe you're right. But I'd rather snap a victory in the 4th, than to lead for 3 quaters and give it up. We need to fix that if we are to think of the finals as anything but a myth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss poor? We wern't that bad, Adelaide are running hot the past weeks and were very accurate.

11 games left.

good percentage + 7-8 games = Finals.
shit percentage + 7-8 games = Bottom 8.
shit percentage + 8+ games = Finals.

I think our season might depend on whether or not we beat Melbourne, and how much we would beat them by.

That would be nice.
Hope this break helps em a bit and that Fletch, Winderlich and even Welsh is back. Fr*ken carlscum is in the 8 and a win clear! Ahhhh :(

Did a little prediction run...

We need to smash Melbourne by a 30+ margin. Other teams will not affect this.

Lee.jpg

I'd say it's possible. :thumbsu:

As for Carlton, they haven't played St Kilda or Geelong as of yet. Let them have their little celebration. We'll be even come next week. Just in time for our clash in Round 13. :cool:

Lee.jpg

As for Carlton, they haven't played St Kilda or Geelong as of yet. Let them have their little celebration. We'll be even come next week. Just in time for our clash in Round 13. :cool:

I like the little prediction run,
and would be pretty happy if that happened. :D
Yeah, would love to see Saints and Cats beat Carlton...
fingers crossed, cause Blues arnt looking to bad at the moment.

We gotta beat Melbourne!!! :eek: :thumbsu:

Lee.jpg

I like that.
But imagine if the Saints absolutely decked Carlton, and we smashed Melbourne, and we ended up higher than them in the ladder?
:D
Now i wonder how much we need.

I like the little prediction run,
and would be pretty happy if that happened. :D
Yeah, would love to see Saints and Cats beat Carlton...
fingers crossed, cause Blues arnt looking to bad at the moment.

We gotta beat Melbourne!!! :eek: :thumbsu:
NO! we wont make the finals
its hard to make finals when you dont have your best team on the park every week, but how long ago since we had our best team on the park, plus we are a young developing team, its hard to play with 1 ruckman with our number 1 ruckman out for the year and we have to many skinny bodies. Lets hope in this years draft to get a already made player, and get another ruckman. we should make the finals next year if most of our players have a good preseason and less injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back