Sydney ?
Bulldogs ?
Richmond W
West Coast W
Brisbane ?
Saints L
Freo W
Hawthorn ?

That's quite optimistic. You've only openly admitted that you'll lose to Geelong and StKilda. Calrlton should get you back after you beat them earlier in the season. They dropped their guard and you played well cause it was a Rivalry round. You will lose to bulldogs and I assume Hawthorn will be flying towards the end, only because that's what they do. Sydney's match will depend on where you play them.
I think you guys can make finals, but it could be a percentage difference.

Question is who will we replace in the 8. I dont think we're quite good enough this year, however signs are promising going forward. The current top 8 I think is settled. The only possible change would be Sydney for Adelaide.

I know there is a long way to go but we should really focus on teaching these kids rather than pushing them.

If we're to have any chance, then we have to win at least two of our next three games (Melbourne, Blues and Pies).
If we're any chance we have to win them all. We ain't gonna get through with 11 wins. After those 3 games, we have a pretty tough run for the rest of the season, so we're going to have to win all three and some of our interstate ones if we want to make the finals.

Are 12 or 13 wins enough to make the eight this year? we may beat st kilda as well.

I usually don't look too far ahead when it comes to predicting games (let's be honest, things change & anything can happen) but I'll give it a go anyway...

Melbourne W
Carlton W *
Collingwood W *
Sydney L
Bulldogs L
Richmond W
West Coast W
Brisbane W (It's in Melbourne this time)
Saints L
Freo W
Hawthorn L/W (Could go either way)

*Crucial.

The greens are likely wins I reckon. The reds are pretty much losses, don't see us winning them. Hawthorn is a maybe, and could be the pivotal outcome for our season conclusion.

Both Carlton & Collingwood are the crucial games for me. We must win those to be in a good positon for the rest of the season, which seems fair on paper. It all depends on our confidence & accuracy though. Last year we lost 8 in a row, finals or not, this season has been an improvement so far. :thumbsu:

It's been a pretty even year so far. Alot of teams have been up and down so there is always a chance.

Realistly though with injuries to key players and a fairly young list I think it is a huge ask. :(

Hopefully the break will rejuvenate us and we will come out firing. :)

Re: we WONT make the finals

Firstly, stop making threads inspectorman. You have failed to make a decent one yet.

Secondly, your use of the "confusion" emoticon was totally inappropriate given the point (if it could be called that) you were trying to make, that idiocy alone should get you yellow carded.

Re: we WONT make the finals

A lot of our games are 50/50 IMO.

We could win 2 if things go really badly or we could win another 6 or 7

Either way I have to agree with the sentiment.

At 5-6 we're behind the 8-ball now and we're going to need a special 2nd half to be featuring in September action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season Over. Going to have to win 8-9 out of the next 11 to be safe. Aint gonna happen.

So you think we need 13-14 wins to make the finals :confused: LOL

I really don't think we will make finals. Good that it's an even year and 11 wins and percentage might be enough, but I don't think we'll get 11-12 wins.

While we did beat Carlton and Collingwood earlier in the season, we won't beat both of them again. And no way will we win twice in Perth. We have tough games against the Bulldogs, Saints, Hawks, Lions and Swans.

We'll finish 10th-11th and be pushing for finals next year.

No.

You need to capitalise & win home games against interstate sides. Injuries aside yesterday, we were shown up in a lot of key areas.

counting our eggs to soon lads ... i'm enjoying our football at the moment and that's what you guys should be doing as well. getting your hopes up by predicting the future and possibly watching us fall flat on our face will kill your enthusiasm for the game.

*sigh*

just focus on melbourne ... and let this thread die ... until round 17/18 when you can start making realistic predictions.

Melbourne W We should win this. But we shouldn't get to over ourselves like Hawthorn supporters did against us, because Melbourne are just waiting to pounce.
Carlton
Collingwood
These two games realistically are the only two games we must win. If we don't win one of theses, we can write the season off there and then.
Sydney Could go either way really.
Bulldogs With a range of players back, i have hope in us winning this, but it's not likely.
Richmond ? They beat us quite convincingly in the first half, and could get over us if Rawlings coaches them well enough.
West Coast W Don't see us losing this, but you never know, it is at Subi.
Brisbane ? (It's in Melbourne this time) It can go either way.
Saints L We played well against them last time, with most of our players back by now, we should win this.
Freo W It's at Subi, so you never know.
Hawthorn L/W Expecting a 2nd half of the year surge by Hawthorn, to it's very 50/50 like

I'd say there isn't a single team on that list that we have no chance against, if we play well, we'll make the finals from here. But it would be unlikely at this point.

Highly unlikely at this stage.

We should be looking to win more games than last year and aim for finals next year.

It doesn't help when your coach babbles on about finals when we clearly are not ready. Injuries to key players doesn't help of course.

Highly unlikely at this stage.

We should be looking to win more games than last year and aim for finals next year.

It doesn't help when your coach babbles on about finals when we clearly are not ready. Injuries to key players doesn't help of course.
To be fair to knights, he had a right to babble about finals before what happened to some of our key players.

Also, if you look at the outs vs Adelaide, they were quite important players.

Jetta, Slattery, Winderlich, Bellchambers.
They all play essential parts to each of their positions respectively.
I don't see how people can go against Slattery or Jetta, they play a huge part.

Season Over. Going to have to win 8-9 out of the next 11 to be safe. Aint gonna happen.

13-14 wins to make finals? Lol, when has that ever happened with the final eight.

11 wins should get you in. That means we have to win 6, win a couple nicely, and not get smashed in any of our losses.

Very possible, if we can sort out the ruck.

13-14 wins to make finals? Lol, when has that ever happened with the final eight.

11 wins should get you in. That means we have to win 6, win a couple nicely, and not get smashed in any of our losses.

Very possible, if we can sort out the ruck.

11 will probably get you in but 12-14 wins to be safe. In the next 11 games we have to go to Subiaco twice, Sydney@ SCG & play St Kilda, Collingwood, Carlton & Hawthorn again. Extremely difficult now. The lose yesterday has cost us big time.

11 will probably get you in but 12-14 wins to be safe. In the next 11 games we have to go to Subiaco twice, Sydney@ SCG & play St Kilda, Collingwood, Carlton & Hawthorn again. Extremely difficult now. The lose yesterday has cost us big time.

But 8-9 out of 11 is more than we need.

6-7 will get us in, any more is a bonus. 5 + a big percentage could even scrape 8th spot, given Geelong and St Kilda will take close to 40 wins between them.

Same can be said when we played Carlton and Hawthorn. Difficult but can be done.

4th to 11th..........

We have gone from 4th to 11th in only 2 weeks, AND sit only one win clear of NM. Think this puts our season in a little more perspective.

Anyway my question is do you guys think Essendon will come out firing after the mid season break, like richmond last year and colliingwood in the past. OR have we seen the best this side can produce for 2009?

I think the Adelaide loss has hurt us alot more than people think.

Are we really going to make the finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back