Will we make finals?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I think the ladder will be at season's end...

Geelong - 1 Loss - Round 10 vs. Essendon
St Kilda - 1 Loss - against Geelong
Dogs
Port
Hawks
Collingwood
Essendon
Brisbane

Carlton
Adelaide
Sydney
Richmond - Great 2nd half of season
North Melbourne
West Coast
Freo
Melbourne

And this is who I think will win the B&F's...

Geelong - Joel Selwood
St Kilda - Brendon Goddard
Doggies - Matthew Boyd
Freo - Paul Duffield
Port - Chad Cornes
Hawks - Brad Sewell
Essendon - Jason Winderlich
Blues - Bryce Gibbs
Kangas - Hamish McIntosh
Melbourne - Aaron Davey
Adelaide - Bernie Vince
Sydney - Jude Bolton
Tigers - Robin Nahas
Pies - Leon Davis
Brisbane - Josh Drummond
Eagles - Dean Cox

Geelong
Saints
Dogs
Hawks
Carlton ( Still has the midfield and fev wil find form plus few to comeback)
Essendon (When You Get Your Full Strength side you will be very good)
Brisbane
Collingwood

Port ( To Inconsistent, one week very very good next week horrible)
Sydney
Adelaide
Freo
Eagles
North
Melbourne
Richmond

TRACKaa.png

At least we've had a better start. We can only improve for the near future. :thumbsu:
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv115/whereismypopcorn/TRACKaa.png

We should be able to make it to the finals. Good chance for the jnrs to get some experience for the upcoming years :)

Top 4? Maybe, depending on teams consistency. Some games we're top4 quality, some games we're not. Lets hope its not the latter :D

TOP 4 ??? Blue Sky minning baby... not gonna happen even in our wildest dreams (& i have some pretty wild ones ! )

All this talk of finals is naive & way to early... I wonder what other supporters think when they see some of us talking this way

Lets just settle down & see how many games we can win over the next month.

Adelaide W 6-5
Melbourne W 7-5
Carlton W 8-5
Collingwood W 9-5
Sydney ??
Bulldogs L 9-7
Richmond W 10-7
West Coast W 11-7
Brisbane ??
Saints L 11-9
Freo W 12-9
Hawthorn L 12-10.

We need to win all the games we should win

What makes you think you'll beat Adelaide? They just beat the Hawks who you've pinned down as an L.

All well and good to make it into the final 8 but being a clear class behind the true premiership contenders beggars the point; why bother? Just to be an easy win for the higher-ranked teams in the first week? I really only want to see us in the finals if we're going to make a proper effort of it

What makes you think you will beat collingwood?

Pis* off, idiot. You're all the same after a win - from chumps to champs in two weeks with wins against bottom 8 sides.

Both teams are 5-5 and Essendon won the last time the sides met. Like Essendon's gameplan against Geelong, the Pies play into Essendon's hands. We're nothing special, yet, but you guys certainly aren't either. Don't let a couple of soft wins fool you. We'll be back.

Pis* off, idiot. You're all the same after a win - from chumps to champs in two weeks with wins against bottom 8 sides.

Both teams are 5-5 and Essendon won the last time the sides met. Like Essendon's gameplan against Geelong, the Pies play into Essendon's hands. We're nothing special, yet, but you guys certainly aren't either. Don't let a couple of soft wins fool you. We'll be back.

While you are every chance to beat us again, I'd be simply hoping to notch up enough wins to scrape into the 8 if I were you. Bit of finals experience is what the Bombers need and that will be a good year.

That said, its the Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn return bouts that might actually shock you a little and ruin all hope you have of making the 8. Can't see any of those teams letting you slip again, particularly Carlton and Collingwood.

Will be touch and go.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wd should win 3 of our next 4.

Melb, carl and collingwood don't worry me, I'll be very disappointed if we don't boost our percentage back up during this 3 week period becuse we won't get a better opportunity this year.

Adelaide though I am worried about this week, they are certainly up and about the past 2 weeks and have Edwards 300th.

Carlton and collingwood don't bother us.

They have both been at full strength the past 2 seasons we've played them and we've shrugged them off with half strength outfits.

With our list closing in on full strength after the mid season break we should really stamp home our advantage over these 2.

... Can't see any of those teams letting you slip again, particularly Carlton and Collingwood...

Yeah, but nobody could see those teams letting us slip the first time round either.

Only difference this time round will be we won't be decimated by injuries like we have been the alst few times. *touch wood.*

Finals.

quite simply, do you think essendon will make finals this year?
imho, i think it'd be better for the playing group if we finish 9-10th this year. Because we'll be a slightly better side next year and that'll make us even hungrier for finals. :thumbsu:

Re: Finals.

It's very tight so far. It's hard to tell where anyone except St. Kilda, Geelong, Richmond and Melbourne will end up but you should always aim for finals if they're within reach. Also, I think this year is the time that we should show that we are going to be a good team. So we should make a statement early which will include making the finals.

quite simply, do you think essendon will make finals this year?
imho, i think it'd be better for the playing group if we finish 9-10th this year. Because we'll be a slightly better side next year and that'll make us even hungrier for finals. :thumbsu:

How can you think this? THe best thing for a young playing group is to get finals experience. Give them a sniff of finals and i can assure you they will be very hungry for another taste.

Quite simply, use the search function.

We had a thread about this recently and it is only on the second page of this forum. Not that far away really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back