Review Winners? Losers?

Remove this Banner Ad

West coast going under a lot of people's radars. They just added one of the best midfielders in the comp, an area of weakness, and a back up forward/ruck who if he can stay fit, will play good footy. All for Pick 76 and 88. Not the biggest winner, but gave up very little and got a lot.
Vardy was fit this year and couldn't get a kick in the VFL. Mitchell is an assistant coach who will attempt one last year. Gave little, but got little as well.

Given Freo managed to secure 4 promising young players in really good deals you have to wonder if West Coast dropped the ball a bit, or where burned by the bad trades last year.

Forget the Lewis and Mitchell deals, long term they don't mean much. Tom Mitchell for 14 is good.

The question for Hawks fans is how good does a player have to be to cost a future 1st rounder, Brad Hill's pick 23, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder and two 4th rounders and a favour from Carlton!

O'Meara's effectively wiped out an entire draft and Brad Hill.
It's worth it for elite talent. Not changing my stripes here either. I have always rated him
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/brad-crouch-or-jaeger-omeara.891628/#post-22969758
.https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jaeger-omeara.881493/page-7#post-28297785
.https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-who-would-it-be.1043406/page-5#post-31152785

He's an elite talent. Yeah injury may be a worry however to finish where we have and be able to secure a talent like him im stoked. I think we've done well. With Mitchell comming in he'll be ready to step up as the guy ib the midfield. Jaeger is a steal. Youth and picks is sometimes hugely over-rated. We all know the quality of what mitch abd Omeara bring. You would be happy to get someone of Mitchells quality at pick 14. Jaeger risky but everyone knows what the payoff is.

West coast going under a lot of people's radars. They just added one of the best midfielders in the comp, an area of weakness, and a back up forward/ruck who if he can stay fit, will play good footy. All for Pick 76 and 88. Not the biggest winner, but gave up very little and got a lot.
Mitchell a steal. Vardy couldnt break into a geelong team with their ruckmen being woefully out of form this season and have struggled a bit in that department since ottens left. Vardys hopeless. Utterly hopeless

How so?

Gibbs is contracted for another 3 years & only sprung this on them last week..

He has a Carlton bug in his bonnet. Don't think he has ever said anything positive about us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy was fit this year and couldn't get a kick in the VFL. Mitchell is an assistant coach who will attempt one last year. Gave little, but got little as well.

Given Freo managed to secure 4 promising young players in really good deals you have to wonder if West Coast dropped the ball a bit, or where burned by the bad trades last year.
Salary Cap? The reason Mitchell was cheap was they pay next years contract...got to be a fair amount. I don't think they could afford much more

I think I'm probably the only one who thinks Richmond haven't gone about things the right way.

They desperately need to strip back and get some quality kids onto the list, yet they have effectively traded pick 6 for Prestia (B+ mid but injury prone) and next year's second for Caddy (the definition of a B-grader). I think it maybe pushes them back to that 7-10 range but then they lose Deledio anyway, and have precious little key position support at either end for Rance and Riewoldt.

Draft picks obviously guarantee nothing but their list is in no man's land anyway - taking 6 and 27 to the draft this year, then having two 1st rounders and their 2nd next year would have given them a great chance to bring talent in.

I guess they committed to Prestia early on and probably didn't bank on their first rounder being so high, but not sure Caddy really improves them from a longer term point of view. To me it's the sort of trade period where you are initially excited because you've brought in names, but when you sit back and properly look at where the list is at and where it will be in the next 3-5 years, they've given up a lot without getting an elite player or pick back.

Nankervis a good trade though.
Your first line.................yes.. The rest DRIBBLE

Richmond improved their list alot and held onto pick 27 to boot

Hawthorn are regenerating by stealth nabbed two great youngsters but first pick is 88

Wow most of us have similar views, rare. Geelong and Pies are hardly fails though, after last year no one really expected them to be busy. Carlton WTF. Silvagni made an emotional decision there, all because he was caught by surprise. Not a good look..

If it wasn't for me reading the thread I would have never known the two South Australian teams were even in the trade period.. or were they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Winners? Losers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back