Review Winners? Losers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Winners - Collingwood.

Losers - You lot.

96104814-12e1-47aa-8fb1-7adfe4358289_800.jpg

Crows and Geelong are the clear losers.

We always wanted to get back into the draft so I really fail to see how 4 picks in the top 30 is bad. To all the naysayers, gone are the days where we'd pick up a Marlon Motlop. Our drafting has actually gotten a lot better since 2012. Only downside is not moving on Lobbe and not getting a KPF who can pinch hit in the ruck.

Freo is the ultimate winner this year for trading. They've been awesome and it wouldn't surprise me to see them back in the 8 or higher.

Lol @ Geelong winning the flag next season. Their draw will be a lot harder next year, they've lost two gun veterans and a couple of best 22 players without bringing in anything significant. They're one Dangerfield injury away from disaster.

Well yeah you need to think like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit concerned for Geelong. Somebody correct me if I'm a wrong but haven't Geelong traded out their 2015,2016 and 2017 first round picks? I found this on trading future first rounders:

- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

So wouldn't Geelong have to trade back into the first round in 2017 or 2018 to be able to draft two first round kids or they could possibly face "restrictions" by the AFL? Doesn't that give other clubs a massive bargaining chip when dealing with Geelong for the next two years if they desperately need to get back into the first round.

I'm not sure why we're being lumped in with the losers.

Caddy: Yes it's unders, but inside mids are probably the one area we could afford to lose if we had to. We get a Pick back in the Top 30.
Tuohy: Trade is a win for us. Smedts is a list clogger.
Vardy: List clogger. No loss.
Kersten: We immediately got a like-for-like in Aaron Black, at a price 30 picks cheaper. I'd take that.

It wasn't the greatest trade period in the history of humanity, but it's fair enough.

I'm a bit concerned for Geelong. Somebody correct me if I'm a wrong but haven't Geelong traded out their 2015,2016 and 2017 first round picks? I found this on trading future first rounders:

- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

So wouldn't Geelong have to trade back into the first round in 2017 or 2018 to be able to draft two first round kids or they could possibly face "restrictions" by the AFL? Doesn't that give other clubs a massive bargaining chip when dealing with Geelong for the next two years if they desperately need to get back into the first round.

Nah. The AFL will pull another random rule change out of their bum long before we need to worry about that.

If Omeara wins a brownlow, becomes the best player in the league - Hawks have pulled it off.
If omeara is ordinary or simply never gets on the park which is a possiblity then it could ruin the hawks for the next 10 years.
Jury out.

Winners - got overs, absolute bandits.
Fremantle, Blues, Saints, GC
We all know how good they did.

Saints.
Needed big tall mids. Needed Key defence posts. While biased, wow. Perfection. Stevens and Steele could not be happier.
With 2 first round picks and more cash than most in 2017 surely we get that elite mid then. Josh Kelly hopefully.
And Still in 2016, 2 second rounds to come. Nathan Brown will be a nice stop gap until goddard grows into the beast. Also did not shop one player or trade one player. Harmony at the saints. :)

Collingwood - lost all key defence then get dunn??? Mayne on 4 years and Wells on 3 years?? What is going on? Seriously WTF?
WHE - 2nd round could be the saving grace bargain, although has had 2 down years.

Port: did nothing.

Demons: Hibberd and Lewis. Very Nice. They needed half backs and leadership. Wih Melksham too, Demons should be good in 2017.

Richmond: did ok landed a fish saved some cash but couldnt unload conca and lennon.

Geelong: Lost depth. Vardy kersten bartel enright caddy all gone. Touhy? Hes ok but make no mistake cats are gone. Spent everything on danger have no elite youth coming through. Going to see a dead horse be whipped over he next 3 years as selwood harry hawkins tire.
4th to 6th to 9th to 15th. Great era though lucky sobs

I like how bringing in two 22/23 year olds. Trading out a 34 and 30 year old for pick 14 and next yeara late round first is co.primising our ability to bring in youth. Just say " I think T Mitx os over-rated and Omeara i recko his knee is shot" dont just lie
Forget the Lewis and Mitchell deals, long term they don't mean much. Tom Mitchell for 14 is good.

The question for Hawks fans is how good does a player have to be to cost a future 1st rounder, Brad Hill's pick 23, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder and two 4th rounders and a favour from Carlton!

O'Meara's effectively wiped out an entire draft and Brad Hill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Winners? Losers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back