World Cup: AUSTRALIA vs Italy

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest is Kewell has pulled up very sore after all the minutes he played vs Croatia.

He is in lots of doubt and if he plays its likely to be as a 2nd half substtitute.

Schwarzer has been confirmed as in... this leaves 2 spots free

Emerton and Kewell- You would think it is down to Bresciano, Wilkshire and Skoko for those spots.

I want Skoko and Bresciano with Skoko going into central midfield with grella and cullina to right back... i think guus will go wilkshire right back though and bresciano into midfield.

if kewell is out... bresciano must start.. our midfield looks toothless without Bresciano and Kewell..

DEMON FANATICS HOPEFUL 11 (Worst case kewell is out)

SCHWARZER

CHIPPERFIELD, MOORE, NEILL, CULLINA

GRELLA, SKOKO

STERJOVSKI, CAHILL, BRESCIANO

VIDUKA

SUBS TO USE: Kennedy, Aloisi, Wilkshire, Kalac (lol)

demon_fanatic said:
Latest is Kewell has pulled up very sore after all the minutes he played vs Croatia.

He is in lots of doubt and if he plays its likely to be as a 2nd half substtitute.

Schwarzer has been confirmed as in... this leaves 2 spots free

Emerton and Kewell- You would think it is down to Bresciano, Wilkshire and Skoko for those spots.

I want Skoko and Bresciano with Skoko going into central midfield with grella and cullina to right back... i think guus will go wilkshire right back though and bresciano into midfield.

if kewell is out... bresciano must start.. our midfield looks toothless without Bresciano and Kewell..

DEMON FANATICS HOPEFUL 11 (Worst case kewell is out)

SCHWARZER

CHIPPERFIELD, MOORE, NEILL, CULLINA

GRELLA, SKOKO

STERJOVSKI, CAHILL, BRESCIANO

VIDUKA

SUBS TO USE: Kennedy, Aloisi, Wilkshire, Kalac (lol)
Josip should play IMHO

question - would Laza be considered too??

Re: The Azzurri

roostersgal4eva said:
The traditional jersey color of the national team is sky blue (azzurro, in Italian), and therefore are nicknamed Azzurri.
so just like the Oranje???

Maybe we should call ourselves "****'en Gold Mate" :thumbsu:

Officially excreting building materials now. I hate this Italian side and I would love dearly to end their World Cup.

I reckon we might too.

NorthBhoy said:
Officially excreting building materials now. I hate this Italian side and I would love dearly to end their World Cup.

I reckon we might too.

I would love to see some English or other foreign commentary/analysis of this game. All the Aussie stuff is so jingoistic you'd think we were a chance of going all the way! Has anyone seen a preview from another Country?

The commentary in this country since our progression from the Group stage has been cringeworthy!! I am of Italian heritage, but i will be supporting the Australians tonight ... however ... commentary suggesting that Australia WILL win (and easily) is totally disrespecting our opponents. The Italians are a very good football side and should be respected by these 'johnny-come-latelies'. Australia have a 'chance', but that is all. We have to score 1st put the Italians on the back foot. Thats going to be the only way to beat them. If they score first ... we will NOT win.

This is why the only news i have been watching, is that on SBS. They at least know what they are talking about. Craig Foster's comments during the World Cup have been nothing short of brilliant!

Contra Mundum said:
I would love to see some English or other foreign commentary/analysis of this game. All the Aussie stuff is so jingoistic you'd think we were a chance of going all the way! Has anyone seen a preview from another Country?

English commentary has David Pleat.

Game over, I win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contra Mundum said:

I've been watching a few of the news programs from around the world on Foxtel - Sky UK, CNN, BBC etc

Those reporters are playing the Hiddink factor in saying we can upset them. Most of them give us a chance, I haven't heard one of them say they think Italy will definitely win but they genuinely believe that our strength and will can upset the Italians.

In short, they think/expect Italy will win, but because of our impressive WC to date, our style of play and the fact that we have Hiddink in charge, they wouldn't be surprised to see us get up.

moomba said:

Game over, I win.

Whenever I hear him speak on Sky over here I always have an uncontrollable urge to take candy from strangers...

moomba said:

Game over, I win.

Wrong thread, but does Martin Tyler have any involvement with English TV during this WC? And the coverage has had me hiding behind my hands on commercial TV, but SBS has every right to milk the crap out of it.

Still can't believe we can't do better than the gumbies in the Australian studio, but Craig Fosters tearful "Graham Poll, you are a disgrace!!" is just about my fav moment of the whole thing.

dyertribe said:
Whenever I hear him speak on Sky over here I always have an uncontrollable urge to take candy from strangers...
Can anyone tell me who the Englishman was that commentated on the Netherlands v Portugal match. I can't stand him and I've worked out why. He's the soccer equivalent of Robert Walls.

snakebite01 said:
I've been watching a few of the news programs from around the world on Foxtel - Sky UK, CNN, BBC etc

Those reporters are playing the Hiddink factor in saying we can upset them. Most of them give us a chance, I haven't heard one of them say they think Italy will definitely win but they genuinely believe that our strength and will can upset the Italians.

In short, they think/expect Italy will win, but because of our impressive WC to date, our style of play and the fact that we have Hiddink in charge, they wouldn't be surprised to see us get up.
It is probably because we are under dogs, and they want us to win because of that. We are becoming very popular at the world cup.

Arsene Wenger said:
Forget who said it - but I reckon Skoko will come in and Culina will play at right back . Im more intrigued by the Italian side who went quite defensive against the Czechs (with Perotta playing and Toni missing out)

Id like to see

-----Schwarzer--------
Culina Neil Moore Chippa
---Skoko-----Grella----
Cahill ---Bresh--Kewell
-------Viduka---------

Italy id say like this

----------------Buffon-------------
Zambrotta Canavarro Materazzi Grosso

-------Pirlo------------Gattuso------
Camorenasi--------------------Totti

-------------Gilardino-- Toni----------

Id go with Perotta in place of Camorenasi.

----------------Buffon-------------
Zambrotta Canavarro Materazzi Grosso

-------Pirlo------------Gattuso------
Perotta--------------------Totti

-------------Gilardino-- Toni----------

Subs: Camorenasi, Del Piero, Iaquinta, Inzaghi

Hiddink to go for the jugular early and go with pace and take the game to Italy.

I think Viduka will finally score and the Aussies will win 2 nil or 2-1, we could sneak a third but i dont want to get ahead of myself.

Would love to see Archie play - he has the pace and makes great runs.

jlc

JLC said:
Hiddink to go for the jugular early and go with pace and take the game to Italy.

I think Viduka will finally score and the Aussies will win 2 nil or 2-1, we could sneak a third but i dont want to get ahead of myself.

Would love to see Archie play - he has the pace and makes great runs.

jlc
Skoko >>>>>>>> Archie

Archie is fantastic :) I am not knocking Aloisi but would be so happy for Archie to get some game time and show the world what he can do.

jlc

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup: AUSTRALIA vs Italy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back