10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
Micky Stevens, we hardly knew ye... ;)

14 possessions!!! All this and running too!

Speed + endurance + Shinboner spirit = Micky Stevens.

Still stuffed if I know who that bloke wearing no.12 was today.

Told you Porthos.

Gun!!!

I'm sure there would have been plenty of times he would have got 14 possessions for us if he'd played a full game. He has in fact played a game where he amassed many more possessions than 14 but that was Ansett Cup. He could end up being a very good player for the. When he was with us he was only able to get bench opportunities because of the quality of our list and lack of injuries in 2001-2002. Now that he has a few full matches where he will be able to prove himself he could become a firm second or even first choice.

He kicked an 80m goal in that match as I recall...bombed it from the centre square, and no Carlton defenders bothered to stop it bouncing through for a goal. Derek Murray tore it up in that game too with.

Still wouldn't have got a game with us this year, i reckon we did alright getting Cochrane, although he doesn't seem to have the speed & endurance that M Stevens has, he does seem able to play at AFL level no the less.

Originally posted by Eago77
although he doesn't seem to have the speed & endurance that M Stevens has

Does anyone?

Surely it has to be the Chalmers - Downsborough trade.

If both clubs had any sense, they would have delisted them both! :eek:

BTW, you guys have a good record of trading average players & getting someone half-decent in return.

Originally posted by Porthos
He kicked an 80m goal in that match as I recall...bombed it from the centre square, and no Carlton defenders bothered to stop it bouncing through for a goal. Derek Murray tore it up in that game too with.

Pfft. You must have him confused with someone else.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin

If both clubs had any sense, they would have delisted them both! :eek:

Nah.

Stevens making the Adelaide forward line look stupid justifies his position on any list. Made me laugh alot anyway.

He has all the physical tools in the world. They are that good, he might even make it without much else. Will get another year to prove himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think one of the worse Trades ever seen was actually a ripper for Port, but a shocker for the other club.... Montgomery for Eagleton...mmmm who ya reckon got the best deal here!!! Eagleton would not get a game at any other Club, and has been a shocker ever since he went over. Another shocking trade was Crows-Carlton, when Carlton traded Kris Massie, Ben Nelson for Eccles and David Gallagher....apart from Massie, talk about the greatest swap of duds ever seen!!!

In the pre-season football liftout in the Advertiser, Gerard Healy once lauded Nathan Eagleton as soon to be a household name. There certainly was a lot to like at the time, he had just come off a stellar year and was a permanent fixture in the Port side. His arrhythmia set him back a bit, a lot of judges said it wouldn't affect him, and if it was something like a broken leg maybe it wouldn't have. But knowing it may return must have sapped his confidence, at least a bit. And the time out of football can't have helped. I don't know what the situation was at the Dogs but when the man who had shown confidence in him, Terry Wallace, was shown the door that must have been another blow to him. Now that he is back to is best I can't see him looking back. The Buldogs could even end up doing better than us out of this, as Eagleton is 5 years younger than Montgomery.
Although we did also get Bishop out of the trade whereas the Bulldogs got Powell from Melbourne who played one good season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst. Trade. Ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back