Wow, Hawthorn are going to be a Dynasty Powerhouse next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back Pocket Rocket said:
I totally agree! I still think we are atleast 3 years away from being a genuine premiership threat.

Yup, its often your worst six players who lose you the game.

Case in point Richmond - We've carried too many duds over the last 5 years (arguably longer than that, however we've got our share of good players this year) and we've finally started the cull. Plus, we don't have enough depth to fill in adequately when players miss due to injury.

lol, they beat a 13th placed side and they suddenly think the flag is theirs.

haha, they thought the samething after they beat essendon in 97.

Essendon will take a spoon or two when Dustin Fletcher leaves....:(

As Mojoe said above though, the Hawks just wanted it more all day. Was a good tough game though for two young teams.... great to build them.

It was a good win against an average/understrenght side, nothing more, nothing less, lets not go making grandiose statements about next year, IMO we're on the right track, but it's a long track.

OneEyedHawk said:
"cringes at this thread"

why... we need a little pumping up. we are down and out and dont have what the scum and filth have. so why not pump us up eh.

No offence to the rest of course.

OneEyedHawk said:
"cringes at this thread"

I totally understand where you are coming from.

Guys, you finished 15th last year and 15th this year. Priority Picks and youth does not automatically make you succesful. Improvement is on the cards, but Dynasty Powerhouse? Turn it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAWKS HEROES said:
14th at the moment thanks Sealen and when we hopefully beat you guys we might move up more

14th at the moment? My bad.

Look its good to be optimistic, but Dynasty Powerhouse is going a bit far. I've had to sit through threads by less intelligent tiger supporters making preposterous claims and it sucks.

While I enjoy some of the optimism amongst my fellow Hawks supporters in this thread, I'll settle for 7-8 wins and a pick in the top 7 next season. For me, 2008 is the season when we'll click and press for the top 5-6. Beyond that I expect a perennial top 4 team for a number of years.

Flightleader said:
you're right powerhouse and dynasty are wrong. It's too early. I agree with that.
i will correct my self as much as i know i said what i said i have been saying we will be a force to be reckoned with but i have never put a time frame on it one day in the future i know that for sure

They will have a nucleus of a strong side, if they aquire PP's this year.

Hodge.
Croad (he was a NO 1)
Franklin
Roughead.
Jordan Lewis
Sam Mitchell
Plus 2 Highish PP's this year.
Campbell Brown should be their captain.
Osborne
Hay
Williams
Jacobs (is showing what he did at Essendon)

Should try to go after a Tarrant type, their midfield is perceived as average but Crawford, Vadenberg, Mitchell & Hodge aquire a stack of ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, Hawthorn are going to be a Dynasty Powerhouse next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back