WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West will criuse to victory on Sunday Chicky will be BOG. Should never have gone down to 2nd Division held back his footy. But showed great loyality to his Dad. Is it possible that Bobby Evans who was once a good Div 1 player can actually get through a game without getting injured. I remember him at Altona and Seddon, then showed nothing once he went into a quality team at St Albans!

West will criuse to victory on Sunday Chicky will be BOG. Should never have gone down to 2nd Division held back his footy. But showed great loyality to his Dad. Is it possible that Bobby Evans who was once a good Div 1 player can actually get through a game without getting injured. I remember him at Altona and Seddon, then showed nothing once he went into a quality team at St Albans!

I think the old "injuries" have finished bobby off, but will he even get up. Al_Smith said that he seen him limping around altona, so he may already be done! :(

Colereserve.. .u have been on here all week but have not thrown in your 2 cents yet... any contributions?

a few people should take note of Div 1 threads by Rock - he talks up his side without neccesarily disrespecting or giving his opponents any ammunition.

The 2 best sides in Division 2 have made it through to the main dance - good luck to them both ....... I gotta a feeling the side that does win will be the side that respects their opponents more........after all anybody can run off at the mouth....actions speak louder.

a few people should take note of Div 1 threads by Rock - he talks up his side without neccesarily disrespecting or giving his opponents any ammunition.

The 2 best sides in Division 2 have made it through to the main dance - good luck to them both ....... I gotta a feeling the side that does win will be the side that respects their opponents more........after all anybody can run off at the mouth....actions speak louder.

Very fair and thoughtful comments.... but respecting opponents on match day is different to respecting them on Big Footy. If opposition are using stuff written on here to fire them up they are in a bit of strife

Big Footy is just to pass the time and stir up some crap :thumbsu:

Very fair and thoughtful comments.... but respecting opponents on match day is different to respecting them on Big Footy. If opposition are using stuff written on here to fire them up they are in a bit of strife

Big Footy is just to pass the time and stir up some crap :thumbsu:

Very true ....it does make for good reading at work

Anyways back to footy......... seems I was under the impression the Div 2 team of the year was generally named without much feedback from Clubs but Mr Thoms & Hillier have been doing a ring around to gauge support/identify who should be in it.

[Are heights the new collingwood of finals footy every year they get the woobels yet again on satday i reckon the roosters wil win on the weekend red devil im on boared its taken me 20 weeks but uve got there well done dealt u would have beaten coburg if we werent in a league of cheates. Hopefuly the heights boys will have some excuses on y they didnt win on the weekend cause its great reading well worth a laugh TD:thumbsu:

Anything to add now big mouth hammertigers. We are playing our fourth final this year on Sunday after winning twice against a side that beat us during the year. Hardly call that the wobbles. You have played 2 finals in about 10 years. Anything to say. Come along Sunday closest you will ever get to a good side and even if you ever ended up with a good side there wouldn't be much chance of getting a game from what I have seen of you.

Getting back to the game at hand, gentlemen, has anyone else had a look at the weather reports? What effect do you think afternoon showers would have on each of these sides. At first glance, I'd have thought that it would bring the game back down to ground level, largely negating West's advantage in the height department.
It's pretty hard to take a tall pack mark with a soapy, slippery ball. The question: if we find ourselves in a shower, who's going to drop the soap first? :cool:

Getting back to the game at hand, gentlemen, has anyone else had a look at the weather reports? What effect do you think afternoon showers would have on each of these sides. At first glance, I'd have thought that it would bring the game back down to ground level, largely negating West's advantage in the height department.
It's pretty hard to take a tall pack mark with a soapy, slippery ball. The question: if we find ourselves in a shower, who's going to drop the soap first? :cool:

I think they just say "chance of showers" to get everybodies hopes up cant see it raining.:) Would make for interesting viewing though. Wouldnt be many teams this year that have played in wet wheather footy, i mean really wet, raining cats and dogs wet. Ive come away with more grass burns than frostbite:thumbsu:

Yeah must have got you wrong - NOT.

Anyway how is Ziggys best mate Mohammed Abou Zeid going at Parkside (sorry if the spelling is wrong). Tell us a little about him SomeBodyStopMe. What do you think of him. Is he a good player. Is he good on a computer. Never said you were friends with Saliba as far as I understand he would struggle to have a friend . I said that he talks a lot as everyone knows. eg how is Dasha's ribs going, the guy can't shut up.

You were right about the kids part, reading your posts you sound like a 15 yo kid trying to be cool. Your police jokes are hilarious keep them up.

Bring on Sunday.

hahahaha, u seem to be a bit of a name dropper there TD, learn that from ur line of work did u???
not a good idea to start dropping names though TD, as thats the 4th person uve have thought me to be, but let me assure u, u r rong on all of them, and im sure some ppl dont like their name being used on the net for no reason so u should realli stop with the investigative crap ;)

well im glad that a 15 yr olds replies is attracting so much attention from u TD, i feel priverliged, but let me tell u, u got more important things to worry bout, like TRY to win a premiership on the weekend.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last nights training at Heights was practicing their Rain dance
They know this is the only way they might have a chance.
i hope it doesn't rain on sunday from a supporters point of view because there isn't much shelter at chirnside park.
also Bobby Evans will not play on the weekend and they havnt made a decision on Stevie Lane as of yet

i hope it doesn't rain on sunday from a supporters point of view because there isn't much shelter at chirnside park.
also Bobby Evans will not play on the weekend and they havnt made a decision on Stevie Lane as of yet

Lane will Roll onto the ground in a wheel chair if he has to... expect Lane, Evans and Evan Henry all to play!!! as well as Dasher with his bruised (and soon to be broken ) Ribs:thumbsu:

If you actually spent more time coaching your team then worrying about peoples opinions on BigFooty your team might actually get within 5 goals.
Sorry I forgot TD and GBF50 run this forum, Any minute now I'll be called a
Goose or Chump or something else to bignote themselves

GO WESTS!

TD, GoesBang I have a sneaky suspicion that all these West supporters (who have just appeared out of no where) won't be seen from sunday onwards.

Not that we would even realise as I'm sure we'll be to busy celebrating at Ainsworth Res.

GO HEIGHTS

just a random fact.. james hird and stewart devlin were drafted the same year stewart devlin went at number 5 to geelong hird at 79 to the bombers.. f#@k he must have been a gun, thats a fair effort..

Interesting how all these half wits come out of hiding in the lead up to the grand final. Where have you been all season? Pretty shameful to sign up to big footy in September. Isn't it? Obviously concentraing on your football prior to that!

Good luck to West Footscray in the granny, a big group of us will be heading to the ground after preseason cricket training in the morning.
Should be a cracker of a game.

Well done to both teams making it to the granny. Best of luck!

yup a big group of us will be there too........

lets hope it doesnt rain cause the froffies dont go down as well when its wet.......bring on the sunshine and the froffies...........

Still a good outside player now:thumbsu:

Not that I should have to defend him GB50 but that is the second time you have either stated or intimated that Devlin is a sheep dog. He has had no mobility for the past 4-5 weeks due a bad hamstring. That is why he missed the final H&A game against Albanvale. He tried to play on the ball in the first final, but had no mobility.

He started on the bench on Sunday and then came on and played forward. If we were on top for longer periods he would have kicked more than four. He doesn't get beaten one on one and was probably the main reason we kicked clear in the 2nd quarter.

When you are in your 30's and injured, you need the ball to be kicked to you. A bit like Steve Lane.

He played on the ball for most of the year and had a top season. He is not purely an 'outside' player but sometimes you have to adapt to your circumstances. He had a great game (playing on the ball) when we knocked you off at your ground.

You obviously rate him or you wouldn't have tagged him with the M.Caruana in the first final (who for the record would be embarassed if Devlin was fit).

Not that I should have to defend him GB50 but that is the second time you have either stated or intimated that Devlin is a sheep dog. He has had no mobility for the past 4-5 weeks due a bad hamstring. That is why he missed the final H&A game against Albanvale. He tried to play on the ball in the first final, but had no mobility.

He started on the bench on Sunday and then came on and played forward. If we were on top for longer periods he would have kicked more than four. He doesn't get beaten one on one and was probably the main reason we kicked clear in the 2nd quarter.

When you are in your 30's and injured, you need the ball to be kicked to you. A bit like Steve Lane.

He played on the ball for most of the year and had a top season. He is not purely an 'outside' player but sometimes you have to adapt to your circumstances. He had a great game (playing on the ball) when we knocked you off at your ground.

You obviously rate him or you wouldn't have tagged him with the M.Caruana in the first final (who for the record would be embarassed if Devlin was fit).

Devlin is a good player just disappears when he has a man. I agree in the air he would have beaten Matty Caruana. He was very good Saturday with his injury until manned up then his injury flared up surprisingly. He went from a 10 possession quarter to about 3 for the rest of the game. Silly statement to say he would have embarassed Matt as more than half a game is played on the ground and Matt would have torn him apart there.

Hows the newsagency going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back