Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

Do you repair your own car? Do your own electrical work? Build your own software?

Everyone outsources their thinking.

Correct, its pretty hard to get a medical degree so that you can contradict the opinion of all those doctors. Then if you did, you'd probably find that your newfound knowledge caused you to agree with them.

Most scientists/engineers/chemists etc don't think of surfing youtube when they use the word "research".

It's like taking your car to the hairdressers to get serviced

Or to some clever but probably insane guy who built his own car out of recycled stuff he found at the tip, it works but probably not as well as an Austin 7.

" I took my car to a guy who builds cars to be serviced, i'm not trusting a mechanic who doesn't even know how to build one. "

No, they are not required in regional Queensland, only the South East corner. I have regular medical visits in Brisbane and have to abide by legislation. Up here there is no compulsion.
Ok I accept that but I’m sure it has happened in the past. Has it?

We've got access to literally the entire knowledge of humankind at our fingertips, and people choose to believe unqualified YouTube grifters.
Someone on the conspiracy forum opined that doctors wasted years of their lives studying when anyone could learn how to do medicine from the internet 🤣

Someone on the conspiracy forum opined that doctors wasted years of their lives studying when anyone could learn how to do medicine from the internet 🤣
They're correct, of course.
Provided that someone does the years studying medicine and puts it up on the internet for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The United States and and the bizzare place that it is provides interesting real world data.

Mask & vaccines shouldn't be political... simple science. But alas they are so lets have a look at two of the jewels in the anti mask crown.

Florida 66% one dose 57% Fully vaccinated. - Population 21.48 million

7 day average deaths : 311
7 day average cases : 5,417

Texas 59% one dose 51% fully vaccinated - Population 29 million

7 day average deaths 290
7 day average cases: 11,594

Compared to the much larger California which is more pro mask and vaccine (although though overall the fully vaxed rates are not overly different)

California 71% one dose 58% fully vaccinated - 39.5 million

7 day average deaths :106
7 day average cases : 7,538

I guess it could be good to watch California as an indicator to how Australia will go.

The United States and and the bizzare place that it is provides interesting real world data.

Mask & vaccines shouldn't be political... simple science. But alas they are so lets have a look at two of the jewels in the anti mask crown.

Florida 66% one dose 57% Fully vaccinated. - Population 21.48 million

7 day average deaths : 311
7 day average cases : 5,417

Huh?
1632906456882.png

Florida has been playing funny buggers with its reporting of cases/deaths, differently from all other states. There will be a trickle of daily deaths, then a big dump.

Do you repair your own car? Do your own electrical work? Build your own software?

Everyone outsources their thinking.
My primary sources are ABC news (mostly online) & Wikipedia, but these only give you a small part of the overall picture even without censorship. So I also use many other sources and humint, look at both sides and decide what's the most logical explanation or course of action. Obviously need to reject the fake news but that's easy enough by cross checking. Experts in their fields know more than us, but we all have brains so why not use them?

Were you the one who came up with those ideas?
Or you've just copied minority ideas because you're naturally antithetical to the majority?
No, I look at ideas on their merits. Scientists and doctors can disagree on many topics and consensus isn't as common as you think. I'm not antithetical to the majority, just know that they're not always right as has been the case on many occasions in the history of science.

The thoughts espoused are that “once X amount of people are vaccinated all borders should be opened. This should not be the case. States, Territories, areas need controls. Test exists, they should be utilised before any individual travels in to an unaffected area. I do not advocate isolating people or communities, but there need to be controls. Nit, I am vaccinated I should be allowed to go wherever I desire. I would strongly advocate continuing to insist on overseas travellers being isolated until the real incubation period is reached. This should at least safeguard against mutations entering the country. As I type, watching The Project with an expert suggesting levels way beyond 80% vaccination levels are needed. Also advocating ongoing, regular testing, suggesting overseas people buying 10 pack rapid test kits as a way of life.

That is a far cry from I am vaccinated, I should be free to travel at will. I AM VAXXED **** THE REST is a derivation this board should understand.
What's your criteria for return to normal? That being no social distancing measures, no masks, no vaccine mandates, no state border restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back