Yze is a handbag

Remove this Banner Ad

lamby29 said:
The first 3 quarters of a final are largely irrelevant?
They are when the game is decided in the 4th.

The 4th term last night was irrelevant.

The 4th term today was pivotal, and there's no point denying who went missing.

superstar said:
They are when the game is decided in the 4th.

The 4th term last night was irrelevant.

The 4th term today was pivotal, and there's no point denying who went missing.
Neither player went missing. Both would have got around 5-6 possessions for the quarter.

lamby29 said:
Neither player went missing. Both would have got around 5-6 possessions for the quarter.
Some of Johnstone lack of physical efforts in the final stages was ridiculous.

Some of Yze's decisions/disposals were awful.

But ultimately, they were just putting the finishing touches on the brilliance of Nicholson and Read.

You'd be hard pressed to find a softer quartet, not just physically, but mentally.

You should have won today. Essendon are very ordinary. Those four players cost you.

superstar said:
Some of Johnstone lack of physical efforts in the final stages was ridiculous.

Some of Yze's decisions/disposals were awful.

But ultimately, they were just putting the finishing touches on the brilliance of Nicholson and Read.

You'd be hard pressed to find a softer quartet, not just physically, but mentally.

You should have won today. Essendon are very ordinary. Those four players cost you.
Nicholson and Read are battlers, but you really can't call Read soft. He would be playing in the VFL reserves if he was soft.

If we had Matty Scarlett out there today, we would have won by 70 points.

lamby29 said:
Nicholson and Read are battlers, but you really can't call Read soft. He would be playing in the VFL reserves if he was soft.

If we had Matty Scarlett out there today, we would have won by 70 points.
Not physically soft. He's one of your few players who is physically aggressive. What he showed today was mental weakness though - poor discipline and misdirected agro.

As for the Scarlett hypothetical, don't know about 70 points, but you would have surely won if you had a decent full back. Having said that, Hawthorn would have won a few more games if we had Tredrea. Pity we've got Holland instead.

johnstone was doomed once robert walls bought up the 2002 final againt adelaide. no surprise his influence diminished in the final quarter.

Yze played well all day and did a great job flying the Demons flag as acting captain.

It was a good close game. To put one 'gone missing handball' at the end as a reason for the match being lost is quite naive.

superstar said:
Not physically soft. He's one of your few players who is physically aggressive. What he showed today was mental weakness though - poor discipline and misdirected agro.

As for the Scarlett hypothetical, don't know about 70 points, but you would have surely won if you had a decent full back. Having said that, Hawthorn would have won a few more games if we had Tredrea. Pity we've got Holland instead.
Fair enough.

You can have Nick Holland's brother free of charge if you want.

Yze was fantastic today As for some people bagging the 2 sides well this final is probarly going to be the best of the week. And it was always going to be tough when none of our big blokes take a mark. Holland was pathtic today

pink-jelly-handbag.jpg

+
adem_yze,0.jpg

=
:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game, Yze was terrific and one error late.. well.. costly but White's dropped sitter on his own was the crucial (imo) mistake.

On Johnstone, either he is soft or he was totally spent (and if so should of been benched) cause he did shirk it late. Prior to that (especially the first) was the reason Melb got back into the game.

Re Hird.. (geez this hurts) agree with Tragic.. from a Demons perspective. IF he'd of been collected just that touch cleaner and really taken out (fairly.. was a great bump) then it might have been enough for Melb to win.

Cause in the end.. Hird was just that little bit of class difference between both sides.

By geez he can play that bloke.

Choota and Superstar.........

does it get any more pathetic than these 2 clowns?

do they realise they follow the Hawks?

Yze and Johnstone are better than ANYONE on the pathetic Hawthorn list

Jealous ****************s

I thought Yze was fantastic today, as was Johnstone, gee come on people, give credit where it's due, great game today, commiserations to the Dees, put in a great effort.

Anyone calling Yze a handbag shows a limited understanding of the game.

He was a true leader yesterday - really stood up as captain and played a terrific game.

Adem Yze = Champion. IMO he along with Johnstone and Brown were the sole reason for their 2 comebacks in the first and third quarter. Don't know why everyone is having a go at him. :confused:

Yze_Magic said:
Choota and Superstar.........

does it get any more pathetic than these 2 clowns?

do they realise they follow the Hawks?

Yze and Johnstone are better than ANYONE on the pathetic Hawthorn list

Jealous ****************s

hahaha, I see you've mastered the us of bold type. Congratulations.

But other than that you're struggling in a big way Tragic and it's showing.

1st to 7th in five weeks. Humorous watching you attempt to rationalise another wasted even year, and excuse the softness of your football club at the business end of the season.

See you in 2006. Looking forward to your annual pre-season prediction about Travis Johnstone being ready to explode.

When Yze had the ball streaming towards goal late in the last quarter, i thought "that's it, we're gone". That bloke is a great kick of the football, i was suprised that he didn't back himself to kick a long goal. He was in mountains of space.

He was great yesterday, one mistake in the dying seconds shouldn't tarnish his day's work. He and Travis Johnstone were the reasons why the Dees were back in the game.

They have a bit to look forward to ... the Dees. They find a decent replacement for Nicholson, and they have the makings of a Premiership backline for the future.

MOJOE said:
This thread shouldnt be about Yze - it should be about Ben Holland. Biggest handbag at Melbourne.

Harsh, but unfortuantely spot on. We lacked a tall presence at FF, and the Holland experiment just hasn't worked for the majority of the year.

Superstar, you're right (man, that hurt :( ). It was a dissapointing end to a promising year. But in terms of our financial position it was exactly what we needed and we've found some really good young talent. We've got two young kpp's in Miller and Rivers who we'll build the team around for the next decade and a whole buch of others that I won't bore you all with now.
Now we have to make sure next year isn't another 'odd year'

Demonheart said:
Harsh, but unfortuantely spot on. We lacked a tall presence at FF, and the Holland experiment just hasn't worked for the majority of the year.

Superstar, you're right (man, that hurt :( ). It was a dissapointing end to a promising year. But in terms of our financial position it was exactly what we needed and we've found some really good young talent. We've got two young kpp's in Miller and Rivers who we'll build the team around for the next decade and a whole buch of others that I won't bore you all with now.
Now we have to make sure next year isn't another 'odd year'
Have you re-signed Rivers yet? Been murmurs about the crows for some time.

I rate Miller, although I reckon he's the type of bloke who would make a very good 2nd or 3rd tall up forward, not the guy you'd build a team around. Rivers is definitely the type of bloke you build a backline around. Re-signing him would be a priority.

superstar said:
Have you re-signed Rivers yet? Been murmurs about the crows for some time.

I rate Miller, although I reckon he's the type of bloke who would make a very good 2nd or 3rd tall up forward, not the guy you'd build a team around. Rivers is definitely the type of bloke you build a backline around. Re-signing him would be a priority.

Atm there are rumours floating around about Rivers, Thompson and Bizzel, I know Adelaide is throwing a heap of cash at him, they're also having a go at Thompson (ot Port is I'm not sure which one).The young kids have to be our priority in resigning, even if we have to trade away one of our senior players. If we lose Rivers, Bell or Thompson now then, well, I don't want to think about it, I'll be devastated.
Miller will be a good CHF, not in the Tredrea or Johnson level but he can run all day and loves the hard contest. We need a couple more to step up though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yze is a handbag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back