chaddles

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2007
In the trees
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
What is Zac Dawsons future with the Hawthorn FC? I see that he has been in the best for Box Hill a lot this season.
Is he on the outer with Clarko or have they left him at Box Hill to get some confidence before giving him another shot next year?

What is Zac Dawsons future with the Hawthorn FC? I see that he has been in the best for Box Hill a lot this season.
Is he on the outer with Clarko or have they left him at Box Hill to get some confidence before giving him another shot next year?

Nah, he isn't on the outer! He's just been extremely unlucky! He'll be in the mix next season.. I guarantee! :)

Zac will be nudging 100kg by the start of the 2008 season, and has been solid at Box Hill all year.

There is no doubt in my mind that The Cougar is very much in the mix for Hawthorn going forwards. :thumbsu:

Zac will be nudging 100kg by the start of the 2008 season, and has been solid at Box Hill all year.

There is no doubt in my mind that The Cougar is very much in the mix for Hawthorn going forwards. :thumbsu:

The Cougar, I love it!! Has he been playing down back still for BH? He will be an absolute weapon if he is around the 100kg.
Bring on Anthony Rocca!!

Thanks Cheeseman, love to see him still in the mix. Thought he got crucified by Clarkson that game against Collingwood last year. Clarko left him on Rocca way too long and it probably cost us the game.

2008- Year of The Cougar!

Spot on Cheeseman, I still think Clarko rates Dawson infront of Gilham in the manner of being our Full Back of the future, and not our third tall

Spot on Cheeseman, I still think Clarko rates Dawson infront of Gilham in the manner of being our Full Back of the future, and not our third tall

Fair amount of talent in the backline for the at least the next 5 years presuming they hold form.

Who else from the Box Hill team has impressed and will be Hawthorn players either next year or the near future?
Heard that young Kennedy is going to be a gun, and Daniher is going to be a player of the future.

Fair amount of talent in the backline for the at least the next 5 years presuming they hold form.

Who else from the Box Hill team has impressed and will be Hawthorn players either next year or the near future?
Heard that young Kennedy is going to be a gun, and Daniher is going to be a player of the future.

Who is Daniher?

Kennedy probably will push for a game late next season but needs to work on his fitness from all reports.

I would think Moss if fit, will get more oppurtunities next season and will add some more pace to our midfield.

Thorp and Dowler will be fighting for a forward line position with or with out Dixon.

And you would think if Muston can string some consistant perfromances together in 08 he would also be chance but would be sitting behind X and Tucky.

Keep an eye out for a bloke by the name of Tuck, his development this year has been nothing short of fantastic, and I believe he will surpass all early expectations. :thumbsu:

Joey Kennedy is a massive kid, maybe 6.2 in the old scale, but his build would put most senior blokes to shame.

All Joey needs is to work on his engine, he is good in close, but lacks fitness to run out games at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep an eye out for a bloke by the name of Tuck, his development this year has been nothing short of fantastic, and I believe he will surpass all early expectations. :thumbsu:

Joey Kennedy is a massive kid, maybe 6.2 in the old scale, but his build would put most senior blokes to shame.

All Joey needs is to work on his engine, he is good in close, but lacks fitness to run out games at this stage.

I watched the game v Coburg at Box Hill and JK is massive- someone said that he was only 18 or so!!

Zac needs an injury to get a game. I was a Zac fan but after watching him at BHH I am off him. Physically he is still a long way off the mark.

He does play with a bit of mongerel which I like so I hope he makes it.

Zac needs an injury to get a game. I was a Zac fan but after watching him at BHH I am off him. Physically he is still a long way off the mark.

I haven't seen any of him this year. But I think he needs a confidence boost! A game in the seniors have done Dowler, Tuck and Ellis the world of good! Zac hasn't had any of that and could be a little down after spending a bulk of last year in the firsts and a year later without any further practice.

I disagree very strongly with this and will preface the following by stating that I was not a fan of Dawson's at all last season.

I have seen Box Hill live a number of times this season and Dawson has been nothing short of fantastic. He has "Gadget-like" arms that can produce a spoil when most other fullbacks would just concede the mark. He is pretty quick for a guy of his size and has also added a bit of weight to what used to be a light frame.

The fact that he has been named in Box Hill's best more often than not this season (in a defence that has been under constant pressure) and has also just signed a new two year deal has to tell you how highly regarded he is around the place.

I disagree very strongly with this and will preface the following by stating that I was not a fan of Dawson's at all last season.

I have seen Box Hill live a number of times this season and Dawson has been nothing short of fantastic. He has "Gadget-like" arms that can produce a spoil when most other fullbacks would just concede the mark. He is pretty quick for a guy of his size and has also added a bit of weight to what used to be a light frame.

The fact that he has been named in Box Hill's best more often than not this season (in a defence that has been under constant pressure) and has also just signed a new two year deal has to tell you how highly regarded he is around the place.

This is what I have heard, that he has improved significantly from last season and seems to always be in the best week in week out. Nothing tests a backman more than the ball coming into the backline frequently during a game.

Will he be the fullback at hawthorn next year, and does he have the tools to play out at CHB and maybe run with a Reiwoldt or Jon Brown?

I disagree very strongly with this ................

What I meant was he would not push out Croad, Gilham or Brown. Zac has improved but our three main backs have all been pretty solid. I cant see Zac forcing his way in. An injury to Croad and Gilham and it is a different ball game.

Zac's biggest threat is Renouf. I have not seen too many BHH games this year. Zac seems to play CHB more than FB. He runs off well and creates options which is great but he needs to work on one on one stuff. Opposing teams will isolate him until he proves he can deal with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson- will he play AFL again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back