Zac Dawson- will he play AFL again?

Remove this Banner Ad

What I meant was he would not push out Croad, Gilham or Brown. Zac has improved but our three main backs have all been pretty solid. I cant see Zac forcing his way in. An injury to Croad and Gilham and it is a different ball game.

Zac's biggest threat is Renouf. I have not seen too many BHH games this year. Zac seems to play CHB more than FB. He runs off well and creates options which is great but he needs to work on one on one stuff. Opposing teams will isolate him until he proves he can deal with it.

Surely Campbell Brown is not a long team option in playing on the likes of Riewoldt. I thinK Brown will go back to playing on smaller forwards, and Lucas because he has a great matchup with him. But the dominating talls we cant let Brown take them and this is where Dawson should be developing.

Surely Campbell Brown is not a long team option in playing on the likes of Riewoldt. I thinK Brown will go back to playing on smaller forwards, and Lucas because he has a great matchup with him. But the dominating talls we cant let Brown take them and this is where Dawson should be developing.

Totally agree, hard job for Campbell Brown to match up on super mobile talls. He has a fantastic leap but all too often he reaches for a contest and cant land upright. Lets hope Zac keeps developing and can become our next young super backman.

What is Zac Dawsons future with the Hawthorn FC? I see that he has been in the best for Box Hill a lot this season.
Is he on the outer with Clarko or have they left him at Box Hill to get some confidence before giving him another shot next year?

He'll be a good thing come next year. Just needed more experience and size.

He's part of the plan

Last year he showed some promise in the seniors at times. Not enough to be considered for the job, but enough to show him and our coaches on where to improve. From what I've heard, he's done very well at Box Hill and improved himself.

It would have been nice to have him at least play a couple of senior games this year to gauge how far he's come and help with our depth.

Last year he showed some promise in the seniors at times. Not enough to be considered for the job, but enough to show him and our coaches on where to improve. From what I've heard, he's done very well at Box Hill and improved himself.

It would have been nice to have him at least play a couple of senior games this year to gauge how far he's come and help with our depth.

I was half expecting him to get a run late in the year after reading is name in the best for BHH so many time throughout the year.
I hope they give him a good run in the pre-season comp next year just to see where he is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I meant was he would not push out Croad, Gilham or Brown. Zac has improved but our three main backs have all been pretty solid. I cant see Zac forcing his way in. An injury to Croad and Gilham and it is a different ball game.

Zac's biggest threat is Renouf. I have not seen too many BHH games this year. Zac seems to play CHB more than FB. He runs off well and creates options which is great but he needs to work on one on one stuff. Opposing teams will isolate him until he proves he can deal with it.

Just a word of advice mate: make sure you know your facts before posting silly and unfounded opinions.

You say that you "have not seen too many BHH games this year" but are more than happy to state that Zac "would not" push out Croad, Gilham or Brown. I can tell you that he is a very real chance of pushing Gilham to a flank and getting the full time gig at full back where he has been playing pretty much all year. He has not been playing at CHB and I find it amusing that you state above that he has. You are making all sorts of claims based on no evidence at all. Remember that you "haven't seen too many BHH games this year." I've seen plenty of Box Hill this year. Zac has been at FB at least 90% of the time and in my opinion (BASED ON WHAT I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN), he is more likely than not to line up at full back for Hawthorn come round one, 2008.

Just a word of advice mate: make sure you know your facts before posting silly and unfounded opinions.

You say that you "have not seen too many BHH games this year" but are more than happy to state that Zac "would not" push out Croad, Gilham or Brown. I can tell you that he is a very real chance of pushing Gilham to a flank and getting the full time gig at full back where he has been playing pretty much all year. He has not been playing at CHB and I find it amusing that you state above that he has. You are making all sorts of claims based on no evidence at all. Remember that you "haven't seen too many BHH games this year." I've seen plenty of Box Hill this year. Zac has been at FB at least 90% of the time and in my opinion (BASED ON WHAT I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN), he is more likely than not to line up at full back for Hawthorn come round one, 2008.

Hard to argue with the facts. Further confirms the end of Jacobs and potentially Goo, then.

HB: Birchall - Croad - Ladson
FB: Brown - Napolean Dynamite - Gilham

Hard to argue with the facts. Further confirms the end of Jacobs and potentially Goo, then.

HB: Birchall - Croad - Ladson
FB: Brown - Napolean Dynamite - Gilham

Goo has contributed well this year! He has done all he can. It's ppl's opinion if they believe he is or isn't good enough! But Hawthorn will not let him go!

Your setup looks pretty good though.

I was just wondering about Renouf. I haven't seen much of him, but he always looks bouncy.. lol, if you know what I mean. He really wants to play well.. I just have a feeling he could potentially become a backman as well?

Maybe.. ?

Hard to argue with the facts.
We can however overlook the fact that Brown was chosen to play on blokes about a foot taller than him.

Or the fact of how many games Zac played in 2007.

No we will go with the fact about what one guy reckons.

Calling your own opinion a fact does not make it so.

We can however overlook the fact that Brown was chosen to play on blokes about a foot taller than him.

Or the fact of how many games Zac played in 2007.

No we will go with the fact about what one guy reckons.

Calling your own opinion a fact does not make it so.

Ah, but my post was in direct response to your comment that Zac was both unlikely to get a spot in front of several others next year and that he was playing CHB at Box Hill. My response to the first was based on opinion but the second was based on fact. You admit to not having seen much of Box Hill so from that the obvious conclusions are as follows:

1) You have no idea which position Zac has been playing in at Box Hill yet claim that he has been playing ay CHB. How would you know? You freely admit to not having seen much of Box Hill this year.

2) You have no idea about Zac's overall form in relation to Renouf although if you have a look at how many times each of them have been named in Box Hill's best this season it is stone cold obvious that Zac is streets in front of him.

3) Based on points 1 and 2 above, your opinion on this topic means diddly squat becasue you have no information with which to base your opinion on. Yet, you peddle an opinion based on assertions that you made that were both fabricated by yourself and incorrect to boot.

At least I based an opinion (I did not say for a fact that Zac would be our starting FB next season, only that it was "more likely than not") on something that I have seen with my own eyes as well as some anecdotal evidence. You based your opinion on lies and fabrications. How much more of a goose can you make yourself out to be?

Ah, but my post was in direct response to your comment that Zac was both unlikely to get a spot in front of several others next year and that he was playing CHB at Box Hill. My response to the first was based on opinion but the second was based on fact. You admit to not having seen much of Box Hill so from that the obvious conclusions are as follows:

1) You have no idea which position Zac has been playing in at Box Hill yet claim that he has been playing ay CHB. How would you know? You freely admit to not having seen much of Box Hill this year.

2) You have no idea about Zac's overall form in relation to Renouf although if you have a look at how many times each of them have been named in Box Hill's best this season it is stone cold obvious that Zac is streets in front of him.

3) Based on points 1 and 2 above, your opinion on this topic means diddly squat becasue you have no information with which to base your opinion on. Yet, you peddle an opinion based on assertions that you made that were both fabricated by yourself and incorrect to boot.

At least I based an opinion (I did not say for a fact that Zac would be our starting FB next season, only that it was "more likely than not") on something that I have seen with my own eyes as well as some anecdotal evidence. You based your opinion on lies and fabrications. How much more of a goose can you make yourself out to be?

I would not like to be on your bad side CK.. you sound like an angry, angry man! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson- will he play AFL again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back