Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news for him personally and to the club for the potential it loses with him and all that after he seems to have really upped his workrate to be closing in on AFL selection

The timing is terrible but with the midseason draft tonight, would the club reassess and go an extra pick now to cover for another long term injury?

Terrible news for him personally and to the club for the potential it loses with him and all that after he seems to have really upped his workrate to be closing in on AFL selection

The timing is terrible but with the midseason draft tonight, would the club reassess and go an extra pick now to cover for another long term injury?
They should honestly.

I doubt it considering they weren't planning on using three picks as it was. It may also be too late to qualify.

With some luck, maybe it will only be a relatively minor knee injury.

I doubt it considering they weren't planning on using three picks as it was. It may also be too late to qualify.

With some luck, maybe it will only be a relatively minor knee injury.
More thinking that it might encourage them to use all 3 of their picks if Taylor is going to be out for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has had no luck with injuries since joining us but he has finally had a clear run over the last two months.

I have said for more than a year that imho he has more to offer at AFL level than Dowling. He is more versatile and could be very effective in the high half forward role. I expect him to be our next debutant.
homer simpson GIF

More thinking that it might encourage them to use all 3 of their picks if Taylor is going to be out for a while
I doubt it. It sounds like the reason for only using 1-2 picks is because of the lack of quality players available, rather than lack of playing opportunities. Also, it's not like Taylor plays a niche position with few players on the list such as ruck.

I doubt it. It sounds like the reason for only using 1-2 picks is because of the lack of quality players available, rather than lack of playing opportunities. Also, it's not like Taylor plays a niche position with few players on the list such as ruck.
Hamish was saying yesterday they had 10 players on their list, but he expected the other clubs to have a similar wish list. If we get one player that we want, that would be good. Not sure it'll stretch to a second pick.

Hamish was saying yesterday they had 10 players on their list, but he expected the other clubs to have a similar wish list. If we get one player that we want, that would be good. Not sure it'll stretch to a second pick.
We have pick 7 so we'll definitely get one that we want. Hopefully 2 but I agree, seems less than likely.

Talents likely to be getting pretty skinny by our 3rd pick with 6 clubs picking before us in every round if they rate players?

Can't see too many clubs taking 3 picks with the talent pool diminishing after the 1st round.

Talents likely to be getting pretty skinny by our 3rd pick with 6 clubs picking before us in every round if they rate players?

Can't see too many clubs taking 3 picks with the talent pool diminishing after the 1st round.
I reckon once the draft finishes there'll be players there that you see something in

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back