Zac walks out of St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Instead StKilda spent the money on Lovett Peake and Smith.

St Kilda or Ross Lyon?

I know you are probably trying to agitate people, but I guess it's relative to the thread, given Lyons tendency to prefer the mature bodies over the youth.

How would Freo fans feel if Freo used picks on Dawson and Davis?

Giving the ball to Tomahawk in the 2009 Grand Final resulting in a goal (you know, the one that hit the post) has to be just about the most costly turnover in recent history.

I'd argue the one in the 3rd quarter when Mooney pushed him aside effortlessly was far worse.

He's a solid defender when there are 10 teammates in the contest with him. As soon as he's isolated against a good player he's in trouble.

Ross Lyon is a great game day coach but poor recruiter and developer of young players, got a feeling Freo was sold a lemon.

I think he's a pretty underrated player. Does his job most weeks, is servicable, fills an important position.

Although 300k+/ season is a bit much. Realistically he should be probably 200-250. Anyone know what the saints offered?

I could see him and o'halipan both ending up at GWS. They'd be servicable big bodies to put at either end of the ground. Exactly what GWS need. A bit of cannon fodder to take the blows while their young KPP develop.

St Kilda or Ross Lyon?

I know you are probably trying to agitate people, but I guess it's relative to the thread, given Lyons tendency to prefer the mature bodies over the youth.

How would Freo fans feel if Freo used picks on Dawson and Davis?

I'd be fine with it.

Davis would solve our kick in problems and small defender problems straight away being AA.

Dawson would alow us to have a FB and increase our KP depth, which as we saw this year is nothing at best. We will have injuries next year, guaranteed. With them most likely coming from McPharlin (injury prone) and Grover (old). So with that in mind, we will need a KPD sometime next year. Dawson would fill that role perfectly I think.

And all for the cost of pick 91 and a PSD pick.

Contract wise, Put Davis on a 1 year contract and Pay Dawson the Majority of his supposed $900,000 over 3 years in his first year to fully max the salary cap for nexy year, then your laughing the next few years as Dawson will only be on say $200,00, or if we pay him the equivelant of a 1 year salary for Mitch Clark ($750,00) then we only have to pay him $75,000 a year for his remaining 2 years, which would be on par with a rookie wage.

Exactly how many goals has Slack Dawson kicked in his career ?

I think your stretching it a bit to include in his skills that he usually bags a goal when he goes forward.:rolleyes:

Dawson gives away to many free kicks for a full back and he isn't predictable to his teammates in the way he plays. If I was a Saints fan I would be happy to see the back of him.

Be fair to Zac, he has kicked a massive 4 goals.

You could call him a goal kicking full back... if you compare him to Presti and his career 'haul' of 3 goals. Including just 1 from his last 200 games. To think we recruited him as a CHF!

Memo to Zac are you Fxxking kidding how cocky are you ,dont you know your a dud. you are about to make the biggest mistake of your life ,take it from me --------take what you can from st kilda because you on burrowed time with your new coach.

Freo simply continuing their fine tradition of poor drafting/trading.

An easy way to not look like a complete moron is to simply keep your mouth shut when the subject matter happens to be something you know absolutely nothing about.
Go back and look at our drafting over the last couple of seasons and point out to me where we went wrong. I'll be waiting.

An easy way to not look like a complete moron is to simply keep your mouth shut when the subject matter happens to be something you know absolutely nothing about.
Go back and look at our drafting over the last couple of seasons and point out to me where we went wrong. I'll be waiting.

I'd suggest the importing of Jack Anthony may feature in the response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Lyon is a great game day coach but poor recruiter and developer of young players, got a feeling Freo was sold a lemon.

and there I was thinking recruiters do the recruiting, not coaches. Let's face it, Dawson is extremely limited. StK weren't bowled over in the rush by clubs after him in trade week.

Yeah let's never mind the Barlows or the Silvagnis or the Fyfes right?... :rolleyes:
Seriously, so sick of this crap. Reckon we've been pretty savvy in this department of late yet still get the boot stuck in.

You said to point out where Freo have gone wrong in the last few years with drafting and trading.
I'd say JA was an example of going wrong, wouldn't you?

You said to point out where Freo have gone wrong in the last few years with drafting and trading.

Got anything else?

Because PSD picks really aren't much of a loss if they don't work out, and he's only been there for a season.

Got anything else?

Because PSD picks really aren't much of a loss if they don't work out, and he's only been there for a season.

Look, Freo have been good with trading and drafting in recent years. They pulled off some nice tricks with the new teams. You COULD argue that Palmer was a bust considering he was a high draft pick that could hardly get a game last year and now isn't at the club. But he won a rising star so it was looking good for a while.

But the guy asked for an example of where Freo had gone WRONG, not where they'd gone right - so I just pointed out the one that quickly came to mind as a bad trade/draft. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

Well, I asked the guy who claimed Freo have a poor tradition of these things to point that out because he either A- Is ignoring all the quality we've picked in recent years up or B- Doesn't know what he's on about.

In the grand scheme of things and the very little we put up for him I don't think Anthony has been that bad a pick up no, he's still got good potential too.
I just have beef with people that obviously know nothing about our club constantly slamming our trading and drafting when it's actually been really good in last few years.

Hardly think a Mod needs to come in and defend a troll like that.

Look, Freo have been good with trading and drafting in recent years. They pulled off some nice tricks with the new teams. You COULD argue that Palmer was a bust considering he was a high draft pick that could hardly get a game last year and now isn't at the club. But he won a rising star so it was looking good for a while.

But the guy asked for an example of where Freo had gone WRONG, not where they'd gone right - so I just pointed out the one that quickly came to mind as a bad trade/draft. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think we can definitively say that they got Anthony wrong yet. Balance of probabilites says yes, but he's got two years left.

Besides, the point he was making was this - that Fremantle's reputation as poor drafters and traders is undeserved, and people should stop saying it. Which you agree with.

I don't think we can definitively say that they got Anthony wrong yet. Balance of probabilites says yes, but he's got two years left.

Besides, the point he was making was this - that Fremantle's reputation as poor drafters and traders is undeserved, and people should stop saying it. Which you agree with.

I think there's a few too many with thin skins. Freo have a shocking history (and hence reputation), however, they have improved immeasurably in the last few years. It takes a long time to build respect in this caper and, rightly or wrongly, Fremantle haven't got that respect yet.

What is really interesting is that the club chose to sack a coach who had endorsed the drafting and playing young players in favour of one who hasn't had a reputation in this regard.

I think there's a few too many with thin skins. Freo have a shocking history (and hence reputation), however, they have improved immeasurably in the last few years. It takes a long time to build respect in this caper and, rightly or wrongly, Fremantle haven't got that respect yet.

What is really interesting is that the club chose to sack a coach who had endorsed the drafting and playing young players in favour of one who hasn't had a reputation in this regard.
The very people who look after recruiting at Freo and have made the impressive changes to get us where we are aren't going to suddenly get up and leave nor is Ross going to to ignore them. Does he have a say in who we pick up? He hasn't yet but he will, of course, but he has been very open about the fact that he respects this side to our club and that his number 1 job is to coach. I think it's an excellent combination and am pretty pumped about the future.
You'd think we'd be given at least one game before people judge our set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac walks out of St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back