VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams gets himself suspended again! (but can accept a fine and reprimand for early plea)

View attachment 1948344
Although he played really well against Coburg, I've picked up a vibe that he has the attitude of someone who thinks he's too good for the VFL. There's just a degree of recklessness combined with "I don't give a sh*t, it's only VFL" about his play. I can't give exact examples now but pretty sure if I was to re-watch the games (couldn't be bothered) I could list off a few.

Although he played really well against Coburg, I've picked up a vibe that he has the attitude of someone who thinks he's too good for the VFL. There's just a degree of recklessness combined with "I don't give a sh*t, it's only VFL" about his play. I can't give exact examples now but pretty sure if I was to re-watch the games (couldn't be bothered) I could list off a few.
💯 agree

I feel somewhat vindicated that the coaches rated Cleary our best player. Magor was good but his possies were largely uncontested cheapies. It's much easier to rack up disposals playing off back. Magor also used the ball reasonably well, but not in Errol's league, and not under the same pressure you get when playing onball.

I feel somewhat vindicated that the coaches rated Cleary our best player. Magor was good but his possies were largely uncontested cheapies. It's much easier to rack up disposals playing off back. Magor also used the ball reasonably well, but not in Errol's league, and not under the same pressure you get when playing onball.
One of the downsides of stats. They don't include quality of disposal (truly) or degree of difficulty in getting or giving.

I'm still waiting to hear whether my son's U11's match (schedule to be at Bat & Ball) will be called off. Seems likely.

I wouldn't think they'll be so fussed for the scrimmage - they can surely play with a bit of rain and Tom Wills should stand up to the rain better than some of the grounds they play on. How does it work if they cancel a round? More fixture inequity?

I'm still waiting to hear whether my son's U11's match (schedule to be at Bat & Ball) will be called off. Seems likely.

I wouldn't think they'll be so fussed for the scrimmage - they can surely play with a bit of rain and Tom Wills should stand up to the rain better than some of the grounds they play on. How does it work if they cancel a round? More fixture inequity?

Wow.

Is it cats and dogs up there?

Your lad will be disappointed.

Play a 9’s game at Swans HQ?

With this weather, I wonder if tomorrow's scrimmage might be called off?

The AFL Sydney comp have called off all of their Round 1 games tomorrow.
Still on from what I hear

Half time at the scratch match
Swans flogging gws 9 to 2
Konstanty feasting of the forward pressure from 15, has kicked 3

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How is the weather, condition of the ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing about the scrimmage on ours or the Giants website. Maybe all our media folk are in Adelaide but surely Truslove could pull together 4 or 5 paras with the result and what the Club got out of it. In particular it would be good to know whether we pulled through unscathed.

He had a 42 disposal midfield game playing against GWS in the neafl when he was 17

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wicks needs to come back.

Need his forward pressure and he can snag a goal. Definitely best 22 and a point of difference as compared to our other options. Also takes the pressure off Paps and allows him to focus on kicking goals.

Wicks needs to come back.

Need his forward pressure and he can snag a goal. Definitely best 22 and a point of difference as compared to our other options. Also takes the pressure off Paps and allows him to focus on kicking goals.
Might come in for Mitchell , who will be good in time , but Parker is a chance after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back