VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. My club loses players for the same reason.
Some clubs need to pay that much to get enough players to field teams and/or be competitive. It is important for the farmers and some go to great lengths for their clubs. Supporters can be quick to turn on higher paid players if they don't perform.

The diligent top clubs are now resting their big money players when they play the bottom teams because of the salary cap.

Some clubs need to pay that much to get enough players to field teams and/or be competitive. It is important for the farmers and some go to great lengths for their clubs. Supporters can be quick to turn on higher paid players if they don't perform.

The diligent top clubs are now resting their big money players when they play the bottom teams because of the salary cap.
Rubbish

Not sure of your club, but if you promise a player so much per game and then rest them, that player won't be around next year.

Interestingly, Will Kelly, played together with Rowbottom and James Jordon for Oakleigh Chargers in their narrow GF loss to Dandenong in 2018. I wonder if Rowy had any influence in getting JJ to the club and if either Rowy or JJ had any influence in Will Kelly coming now? Getting the gang back together? Now we just need Rowell and Anderson!

Interestingly, Will Kelly, played together with Rowbottom and James Jordon for Oakleigh Chargers in their narrow GF loss to Dandenong in 2018. I wonder if Rowy had any influence in getting JJ to the club and if either Rowy or JJ had any influence in Will Kelly coming now? Getting the gang back together? Now we just need Rowell and Anderson!
You found it . I believe Kelly might be because of employment , good player , but too many injuries

Wouldn't mind either of those two.

2024: Swans VFL Team List
CodeSports confirming the club's VFL list for 2024

Only addition is they split into Primary list and Development list players

Sydney Swans VFL list​

FIRST NAMESURNAMEDOBHEIGHTSTATUS
BenjaminAshley-Cooper15-Jan-02179cmVFL primary list
JakeBartholomaeus 27-Aug-97186cmVFL primary list
BenjaminEdwards 26/02/1999 180cmVFL primary list
JordanEndemann30-Aug-03182cmVFL primary list
MaxGeddes21-Mar-01184cmVFL primary list
PhillMoi Moi18-Jun-00181cmVFL primary list
HarryMorrison7-Nov-98183cmVFL primary list
PierceRoseby4-Jan-02181cmVFL primary list
NicShipley25-Jun-99189cmVFL primary list
WilliamKelly16-Aug-00194cmVFL primary list
Montague (Monty)Velthuis15-Sep-99206cmVFL primary list
TobyAlker16-Mar-03184cmVFL development list: Cat A
HugoBirks3-Feb-04189cmVFL development list: Cat A
LachlanCabor 28-Sep-05178cmVFL development list: Cat A
TyeGander4-Apr-04192cmVFL development list: Cat A
KobyGrass21-Jun-04181cmVFL development list: Cat A
ByronLaws17-Mar-04183cmVFL development list: Cat A
Tom Longmire20-May-03190cmVFL development list: Cat A
HamishMorrison6-Sep-04183cmVFL development list: Cat A
JoshNicholls7-Mar-04181cmVFL development list: Cat A
BiliRobertson8-Apr-04175cmVFL development list: Cat A

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arrived late in the 1st quarter so did not see our first goal.

Konstanty scored in the 2nd quarter. Reid marks the ball above his head from a long kick, handballs back to a free Konstanty who chips it into an open goal from 35m out.

From what I saw of the 2nd quarter we had a few OK passages of attacking play and the effort is there. So not as bad as score suggests.

Reid against looks good with his marking and how he moves around the ground. Sheldrick winning a bit of ball at the contest and using his strength to shrug off other players. Konstanty not as involved as last week but had some good attacking moments off half forward.

Arrived late in the 1st quarter so did not see our first goal.

Konstanty scored in the 2nd quarter. Reid marks the ball above his head from a long kick, handballs back to a free Konstanty who chips it into an open goal from 35m out.

From what I saw of the 2nd quarter we had a few OK passages of attacking play and the effort is there. So not as bad as score suggests.

Reid against looks good with his marking and how he moves around the ground. Sheldrick winning a bit of ball at the contest and using his strength to shrug off other players. Konstanty not as involved as last week but had some good attacking moments off half forward.
Thanks Sean. Good to see someone cares about the VFL side enough to go and report it.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Sean. Good to see someone cares about the VFL side enough to go and report it.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Aye, thanks Sean. We are so lucky to often get first hand reports.

Really struggled in the 2nd half. Found it hard to keep possession and move the ball. We also seemed slow and too tall around the ground in hot conditions. Though a few of our better mids warner mitchell sheldrick sat out most of it.

Scored one goal in the 4th quarter. Cleary took a intercept mark 50m out then chipped the ball to a open Ladhams who kicked set shot from 35m out.

Thought Reid again was our best player. Just looks a quality tall forward. Mobile to get to aerial contests or make tackles. Clean hands when he flies for marks.

Sheldrick worked hard in the first half without having a dominant game. Konstanty not that involved but generated most of our best attacking moments off half forward. Magor quiet first half but had to play midfield second half and tried to make something happen in attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back