Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you go harder for Baz or LDU?

Depends on the price. Can't go wrong with either, IMO.

Maybe LDU is a better pure midfielder - more powerful, more tackles, clearances, etc. But Smith is better on the outside and has more scoreboard impact.

I think we need someone like Smith more right now. Though if Worpel and/or Nash moved on then I think LDU would be more valuable.

LDU ain't leaving a bottom side for another. It's between cats, pies and the saints will be throwing the cheque book every available midfielder this off season.
The crows the same.

Serious question- was TT's behavior worse than say Dustin Martin's at the same age? Or Jordan De Goey?

Yes. If the AFL allows a contract to be registered for him it will be a disgrace - he was given multiple chances, as well as education and rehabilitation programs via his club and continued to make threats towards women. He can get his second chance in life via the workforce at large but he should never get to play at the highest level again. There's a reason the only NRL I watch is my own club - because it's a league that perpetually allows horrendous perpetrators to play at the highest level. I am hoping the AFL doesn't follow this path.

Yes. If the AFL allows a contract to be registered for him it will be a disgrace - he was given multiple chances, as well as education and rehabilitation programs via his club and continued to make threats towards women. He can get his second chance in life via the workforce at large but he should never get to play at the highest level again. There's a reason the only NRL I watch is my own club - because it's a league that perpetually allows horrendous perpetrators to play at the highest level. I am hoping the AFL doesn't follow this path.
Hard agree. And specifically if Hawthorn sign him up - that's the end of my membership and support. In a climate where violence against women is insanely high (25 women already killed this year by deranged self-entitled incels), not to mention you now have a AFLW team to look in the eyes and explain why this dirtbag is on your list - just too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard agree. And specifically if Hawthorn sign him up - that's the end of my membership and support. In a climate where violence against women is insanely high (25 women already killed this year by deranged self-entitled incels), not to mention you now have a AFLW team to look in the eyes and explain why this dirtbag is on your list - just too much.
How dare you question genius

1713916923491.png

How dare you question genius

View attachment 1968918

Will be a grubby move if they pick him up. Stengle isn't remotely a template - been plenty of players dumb enough to pick up a drink driving charge. Multiple threats of violence and revenge pr0n against women are slightly less common.

Frosty's manager on gettable saying they're waiting to see how the year plays out and will have chats with the HFC in the near future

Godfather offer from Clarko incoming?

Bit of a worry if they finish bottom
do we even get FA compo?

A Godfather offer for Frost that gets us a 1st round pick I could live with.

What exactly did he do? Sent a threatening message?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back