Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Who played well against Fremantle?

• Luke Brown

• Jordon Butts

• Matt Crouch

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Ned McHenry

• Andrew McPherson

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl (sub)

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I will say Thilthorpe has a habit of biting off a bit more than he can chew, but it hasn’t cost us like it did today. He’s only young but he hasn’t really improved since his debut. Get back to the basics I’d say.

Bit annoying that it ended like it did, either way the result way probably correct after not appearing at all for the first half.

Apologies to Matt Crouch for being one of the few in the 1st half to put in

Sloane's contract to 2023 is untenable. He cannot play in the midfield any more and has limited usefulness elsewhere
Hopefully he'll be better for the run.

Bottom 4 this year. Team lacks talent and composure. Midfield is still garbage. Same old story.

Good:
Rowe
Rachele
Crouch
Butts
Keayes
Dawson (when moved back)
Brown
McHenry

Okay:
Smith
Fog
Sholl
Doedee
Hinge

Bad:
McPherson
Murray
Schoenberg
Sloane
Rob
Jones
Thilthorpe
Milera
Soligo (first gamer tbf)

Ugly:
Himmelberg (get rid of this ****ing spud)
Milera's missed shot
Rob's missed shot
Rowe's missed shot
Thilthorpe's turnover
Not getting a fist to the footy to draw the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably saw every part of Adelaide we're going to see this year in one game. The abysmal, lazy and overwhelmed play in the first half, the blistering good in the third and the we're a young panicking side in the fourth.

Good:

Damn, Rachele is something special.
Considering one of my main criticisms of Fogarty is that he's uncompetitive, I was happy with his game today. Crashed a few packs and I reckon he nullified most contests he was in at worst case.
Ben Keays may have just found another level to his game. Was borderline untacklable. Handballed a whole lot more as well which was a pleasant change as well.
Sholl came on early and got involved. Probably a big reason why our ball movement begun to clean up. Also wasn't lacking with his toughness/inside stuff, though he's not particularly competent at it.
Dawsons second half. Once he worked his way into the game, he looked a serious addition to our lineup.
Soglio had some clever moments. There is certainly something to work with there.
Rowe played a blinder, looks a player who was playing for his spot and was determined to not die wondering at least.
I liked both Murray and Butts games as defenders. Both had a couple of poor moments, but considering how under siege they were, they held up well.
Smith had a good second half. That smother was mint.
Matt Crouch got through unscathed.
Our response in the third quarter.

Bad:
Schoenberg probably played his first genuinely poor game for the club. To his credit he did improve in the second half, but yeah.
Thilthorpe also played his first genuinely poor game for the club. Couldn't get involved early, and fluffed some critical moments late. Hopefully he'll be better for it.
Sloane tries hard but he looks cooked. We really need to move him away from the midifeld.
Milera had a mare, but likelihood is he'll be better for the run.

Ugly:
McPherson being injured. Especially as he started well.
Our first half, just looked overwhelmed and disinterested.
Our last quarter was a team who found a way to lose a game they shouldn't have (as much as Fremantle winning was the result which better reflected the match).

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Back